Post your old quotes, references, memories etc that new players won't understand

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
KTM57

Re: Post your old quotes, references, memories etc that new players won't understand

Post by KTM57 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:26 pm
Wahlamt wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:21 pm
TeamHavocRacing wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:47 pm August Sanders posts gruesome pix of his former ankle.
No pix of the current one?
Sure. If that's what you want to call it. To me it looks like a Sausage or Brat that was microwaved and exploded, then taped all back together.

Thanks!

Anybody else eaten one of ddmx's meatballs at Applebees?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
ddmx

Re: Post your old quotes, references, memories etc that new players won't understand

Post by ddmx »

I’m not sure what that’s in reference to and to be honest I’m scared. Haha
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

That's embarrassing. Maybe it was more memorable to me than it was to you. It's mostly a reference to the time we ate at an Applebee's and you offered me one of your meatballs.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

ohhhhhh haha yes. Had to hop in the way-back machine to recall that one.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

ddmx wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:52 am Triple post but hey… anyone else been banned for ripping skins from JVDL from MVA? Dude was a legend and amazing artistic talent. Now that is some old school sim.
Wait, back up. What happened? All I remember is the JDVL - ... p2sta (?) Kawasaki 2013 that everyone loved. What did I miss?
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

I just remembered when JLV got everyone excited when he released "The Four Fifties". What an epic troll that was.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
02RR02
Team: JNR Motorsports

Post by 02RR02 »

ddmx wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:52 am Does anyone remember the epic track creator from Hawaii? He was more of an MVA guy but I just cannot remember his name. Started with a ‘W’ I thought.
I guess you're referring to Wingman. If I recall correctly he had mad skills at doing textures. The same goes to Gala who only made one skin for MXS but was used forever until someone came up with a new Kawi model
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:54 pm I just remembered when JLV got everyone excited when he released "The Four Fifties". What an epic troll that was.
Didn't Kawasakiz spot him on 01 riding one? St Jean D'Angely wad the track?
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Wahlamt wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:07 pm
TeamHavocRacing wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:54 pm I just remembered when JLV got everyone excited when he released "The Four Fifties". What an epic troll that was.
Didn't Kawasakis spot him on 01 riding one? St Jean D'Angely wad the track?
Been a long time.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

02RR02 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:36 pm
ddmx wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:52 am Does anyone remember the epic track creator from Hawaii? He was more of an MVA guy but I just cannot remember his name. Started with a ‘W’ I thought.
I guess you're referring to Wingman. If I recall correctly he had mad skills at doing textures. The same goes to Gala who only made one skin for MXS but was used forever until someone came up with a new Kawi model
Yes! Wingman. I remember those guys, and Motoboss and a few others too, trying to texture MXS the same way you textured MVA. They would have put out some really good stuff with the tiling system I'm sure.
Wahlamt wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:27 pm
ddmx wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:52 am Triple post but hey… anyone else been banned for ripping skins from JVDL from MVA? Dude was a legend and amazing artistic talent. Now that is some old school sim.
Wait, back up. What happened? All I remember is the JDVL - ... p2sta (?) Kawasaki 2013 that everyone loved. What did I miss?
I don't recall all of the specifics, but I exported models that were apart of the MVA REV addon and imported them into MXS. It didn't go over well as you could imagine. To be young and naïve again.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Gala made a set of Oneal gear too. Is the one skin you are referring to being Luiz KX model?
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
baker

Post by baker »

ddmx wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:45 pm
02RR02 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:36 pm
Yes! Wingman. I remember those guys, and Motoboss and a few others too, trying to texture MXS the same way you textured MVA. They would have put out some really good stuff with the tiling system I'm sure.
Wahlamt wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:27 pm
I don't recall all of the specifics, but I exported models that were apart of the MVA REV addon and imported them into MXS. It didn't go over well as you could imagine. To be young and naïve again.
I thought I recognized JDVL’s name from REV. I used a lot of what he did for physics for MVA as inspiration/reference for REVIval physics I made. A little bit better physics for gameplay IMO, main thing it helped with was making playing online a little easier with less crashes. Models and UI updates in REV were amazing.

Motoboss was an OG for MVA 😁

I honestly miss the texturing method from MVA. I suck using decals in sim.
02RR02
Team: JNR Motorsports

Post by 02RR02 »

Pumaxcs wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:25 pm Gala made a set of Oneal gear too. Is the one skin you are referring to being Luiz KX model?
I was talking about that Monster Energy skin that had the most downloads on Puremxs back in the day, but never knew he made one for Luiz's 125 model
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I used to spend the majority of my time as a teenager making tracks for MVA. I could never adjust to the sim editor, which is a shame because I think I made a lot of realistic and creative tracks for MVA.
baker

Post by baker »

Ddavis wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:24 am I used to spend the majority of my time as a teenager making tracks for MVA. I could never adjust to the sim editor, which is a shame because I think I made a lot of realistic and creative tracks for MVA.
You did make some really cool MVA tracks. 😁