my pc sucks???

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
yomo

Re: my pc sucks???

Post by yomo »

didnt i just read that in a previous post?
Eat_Dirt

Post by Eat_Dirt »

yeah i found this thread so i posted it here.. srry for the confusion...
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I just started a game with 5 bikes and watched it in a process monitor. It used 292 megabytes. So that would be the absolute minimum for the memory.

As for the 2 GHz CPU, it depends on what it is. If it is an AMD or non Netburst series Intel (i.e. piii, Core or Core 2) it will be fine. If it is a Netburst based CPU (mostly Pentium 4 and some Celerons I think) it might be a little slow but still not that bad.

Another important factor is the GPU. The game will play with cheap integrated GPU's but will be a lot slower than a GPU with dedicated graphics memory.
Eat_Dirt

Post by Eat_Dirt »

ok thanks jlv... if i bought another 512MB stick of RAM for my laptop would that help it run smoother????
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Yes I think it would. One thing you could do would be to check if the hard drive is running continuously while the game is running. That would be a sure sign it's out of memory and falling back to a swap file.
Eat_Dirt

Post by Eat_Dirt »

jlv wrote:Yes I think it would. One thing you could do would be to check if the hard drive is running continuously while the game is running. That would be a sure sign it's out of memory and falling back to a swap file.
okay one more question.... ummm the reason i asked this in the 1st place is becuz whenever i try to play the game on my laptop its unplayably choppy with one bike.... i think its a ram issue becuz my laptop is almost always fully thinking... or the cpu is always thinkin hard....
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Memory would only help if the hard drive is always working. I'd also look into whether the GPU can handle OpenGL if I was getting slideshow framerates.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

In a PM he sent me, it said that L3DT didn't work due to no OpenGL support. Theres your problem