YZ-250 2000 PowerValve

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
matias
Team: Privateer

YZ-250 2000 PowerValve

Post by matias »

A week ago I had a crash as I was riding, since then I started listening a weird noise that came from the upper part of the cylinder. I procceded to disassemble the motor and saw that the cylinder head and piston were fine and didnt show any strange scratches, but as I was approaching the powervalve area I found some parts that seemed like worn out and suppose those are out of the ordinary.

I have attached some photos of the parts and hope you would be kind enough to advise me which pieces can be kept in operation and which can not.
Best Regards!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Phathry25 wrote: everyone has to start somewhere and if theres no available templates they have three options, ripping, kissing your ass, or making their own template.
DJ99X

Re: YZ-250 2000 PowerValve

Post by DJ99X »

I'd suggest taking this to Thumpertalk or something, no offense to anyone on here, but there is no way in hell I'd take advise from anyone on this forum (unless JLV knew his bikes well?)
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

I've been racing motocross since I was five. We have always did all of our maintenance on my bikes. When dealing with parts like the powervalve, you need to make sure that every part is in good condition. This being that they are not scratched, chipped, and look for obvious wear like paint taken off. These are all signs that you might not want to keep the part. The biggest deciding factor to buying a new part would be chipped parts. It's kind of hard to tell by looking at some of those pictures, but take a close look at them yourself, all the way around, and if you see any obvious defects, buy a new part.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

You should do like DJ said and ask on Thumpertalk. My guess is it's not the powervalve since the noise only started after a crash. Those parts may be worn but they had just as much wear before the crash. You probably cracked a pipe or radiator mount somewhere.