2021 SX Season

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: 2021 SX Season

Post by Phathry25 »

I guess I’m just too much of an optimist but I though he just kicked it over because he was worried it would impede him getting back on his bike.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

It did look like it was in his way. I think it actually did help Stewart get up faster too. I just though it looked funny. "You're stuck? LET ME HELP YOU WITH THAT!"

I can't criticize anyone for what they do under the influence of that much adrenaline.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

Now that I watched it back, I can see it. I don't think he was doing it to help Mookie, but I don't think he had any ill intent behind it either.

Gutted for Jett man, he's such a good kid.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Go Nichols! Hope he podiums, I'll wake the neighbors if he does.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

Lappers are just destroying guys guys year. Sucks that the guys they are fucking over can’t do anything about it out of fear of losing their job. Hope the AMA steps in soon. :evil:
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I'd like it if they had a cutoff line about a quarter lap after the finish. If the leader crosses the finish and you haven't passed the cutoff you get the black flag.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

There's a lot of people with the misunderstanding that as a lapper you "hold your line" and the "faster guy will pass you".... ok maybe in the 90s when the guys in the back of the pack were 8 seconds a lap slower than McGrath.. in today's modern era I feel like the blue flag means peek over your shoulder and make sure they aren't on your ass, and if they aren't, get the fuck out of the way... the person behind you probably just moved over as well so it isn't going to cost you that much at the end of the night. I feel like there needs to be a blue flag, and make a different flag that means GTFO OF THE WAY :lol:

To be completely honest I feel like technology has come far enough in motorsports where there can be a light similar to Craig's handlebars that just shines red when the leaders are within 5 seconds of you, then once they're within a certain range of feet or something behind you it starts blinking red fast (or something like that). A blinking red light on your handlebars would certainly get your attention more than some drunk flagger 20 feet off the track would.
Quinten
Team: QM1

Post by Quinten »

Ddavis wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:21 am There can be a light similar to Craig's handlebars that just shines red when the leaders are within 5 seconds of you, then once they're within a certain range of feet or something behind you
Make them have a blue bar that pops up in their goggles. :lol:
TeamHavocRacing

Phathry25 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:53 amHope the AMA steps in soon. :evil:
Deploying this in mid-air might help...
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
DBRider251

Post by DBRider251 »

I had some clown on Twitter arguing saying that Friese was lapping Enticknap, that's why he didn't let up.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

DBRider251 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:50 pm I had some clown on Twitter arguing saying that Friese was lapping Enticknap, that's why he didn't let up.
Friese should know when he's getting lapped since he's made a career doing it.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

One small change that might help a lot would be to make it illegal for lappers to pass each other under blue. When you move over for the leader there's a big risk that someone will tuck in behind the leader and pass you for position. If that were illegal there'd be less downside to making way for the leaders.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
TeamHavocRacing

What if they had an elimination format? Friese said he was lapping Enticknap. That's really lame when you think about it. If you get lapped, pull off. Kinda like the 107% rule for F1, but used in-race. BOOM!
The 107% rule is a sporting regulation affecting Formula One racing qualifying sessions. During the first phase of qualifying, if the circuit is dry, any driver who is eliminated in the first qualifying session and fails to set a lap within 107 percent of the fastest time in that session will not be allowed to start the race without permission from the race stewards. For example, if the fastest Q1 lap time was 60 seconds, each driver who is eliminated in the session must complete at least one lap within 64.2 seconds to guarantee a race start. The 107% rule was introduced for the 1996 season and remained in force until 2002. It was reintroduced for the 2011 season with minor modifications due to the knock-out qualifying format.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

If the rule is just lappers pull off it means the leader has to pass every lapper but everyone else for the most part doesn't. That's why I was saying it should be 1/4 lap ahead of the leader where they get eliminated.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
DBRider251

Post by DBRider251 »

What's you guys' opinion on the McAdoo/medic situation?