2021 SX Season

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
m121c

Re: 2021 SX Season

Post by m121c »

DBRider251 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:00 am What's you guys' opinion on the McAdoo/medic situation?
Confusion on both parts.

AMart was KO'd and all the protections that were given to him where on the inside of the corner. Yet, the tuff block was placed on the inside of the corner entry.. pushing all the riders to the outside of the turn. The riders still had not seen a red flag, it was a live track. I don't blame the alpinestar medical staff member for jumping on the track to do his job, but everyone needs more awareness. This is what the 3rd or 4th race this year there has been issues with crashes, flaggers, and people running on the track? Ridiculous.

I'm sure there are a few on this forum that have found themselves riding a legitimate SX berm... slippery steep berms are not exactly easy to slowly roll around with out falling to the bottom. Cooper shoots through because he had not option, McAdoo had no where to go, sees Cooper shoot through and goes for it. He would have never hit AMart had he not tried to avoid smacking the medic guy jumping over the back of the corner.

Headsets, communication, training, planning, and $$$$$$. It's really not that hard. Supercross will not change for the better until we shed the circus promoter that is Feld.

Here is an idea... we have what 60-80 riders in each class on the weekends? 20 of them will not even race the night show. If they are already there... why not offer their entry money back + flagger pay and have them flag? The best flagger I would think, would be racers who 1) Understand the racing mind and 2) Are able to identify and react very quickly to racing incidents.
m121c

Post by m121c »

That is not saying whackers has no fault.

One of the first things you are taught is awareness and looking ahead. Clearly there were medic flags, clearly he knew someone was down, and it seemed he was more focused on not letting Cooper not take advantage and get a good chunk of lead. That's not smart, and it is very dangerous.

However, you can see the instant confusion and panic of the all the riders as they enter the corner, being DIRECTED to the outside by the tuff block. There needs to be much more accountability at the administration and track official level for poor decision making like this.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Training. Training. Training. The medic should divide his attention to include his own safety. Understand the dynamics of the race traffic since it's moving way faster then what they're used to. So many officials have been killed/maimed when trying to play the hero or at the very least concentrating too hard on the victim or not understanding the closing rates. Pretty basic stuff really. Two examples...

Some poor kid underestimated F1 traffic speed.

Some poor guy not looking first.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

Yeah, I can't really put much blame on McAdoo. I don't see how you're supposed to predict a medic from walking out into the track in front of you and not waiting.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
TeamHavocRacing

I instantly knew it wasn't THAT bad when the medic fell on his ass and lifted his hands like..."WTF?" Still scary to see human/machine collisions.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

If I hit a medic at a local track back when I was racing they would have probably thrown me out right on the spot and made me start backwards for the rest of the year. Why such low standards for pros?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DBRider251

Post by DBRider251 »

I saw a kid get hit by a medic on the UTV at Muddy Creek because they didn't look before scooting out on the track
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:46 pm Videos
Some poor kid underestimated F1 traffic speed.

Some poor guy not looking first.
Seen the first one, he's getting obliterated... Seems like a poorly coded video game how he spins. The 2nd one was new, but he hits the ground soo fast...
TeamHavocRacing

It's amazing how the danger level just doesn't alert these people more! Just standing at a crosswalk gets my 110% attention. I mean, some numb nuts getting plowed because the playlist is more important than life I get, but in the shit with racing cars?
DBRider251

Post by DBRider251 »

Matthes made a good point in the Racer X podcast when talking with McAdoo. He said the medic most likely got a radio signal that the race had been red flagged and there was a downed rider that needed attention. He probably didn't know that the top 6 were still racing.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

m121c wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:08 pm
DBRider251 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:00 am What's you guys' opinion on the McAdoo/medic situation?
Confusion on both parts.

AMart was KO'd and all the protections that were given to him where on the inside of the corner. Yet, the tuff block was placed on the inside of the corner entry.. pushing all the riders to the outside of the turn. The riders still had not seen a red flag, it was a live track. I don't blame the alpinestar medical staff member for jumping on the track to do his job, but everyone needs more awareness. This is what the 3rd or 4th race this year there has been issues with crashes, flaggers, and people running on the track? Ridiculous.

I'm sure there are a few on this forum that have found themselves riding a legitimate SX berm... slippery steep berms are not exactly easy to slowly roll around with out falling to the bottom. Cooper shoots through because he had not option, McAdoo had no where to go, sees Cooper shoot through and goes for it. He would have never hit AMart had he not tried to avoid smacking the medic guy jumping over the back of the corner.

Headsets, communication, training, planning, and $$$$$$. It's really not that hard. Supercross will not change for the better until we shed the circus promoter that is Feld.

Here is an idea... we have what 60-80 riders in each class on the weekends? 20 of them will not even race the night show. If they are already there... why not offer their entry money back + flagger pay and have them flag? The best flagger I would think, would be racers who 1) Understand the racing mind and 2) Are able to identify and react very quickly to racing incidents.
I've raced a lot in my life.

After flagging a single race between two groups of C riders boner airing and ghost riding their bikes inches from me, I swore I'd never ride or flag with them again. I'm still alive.

Maybe pro SX is different... maybe... but I think it'd take a ton of pay though you are right they know where to look.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I didn't pick a single rider who scored above 25 in pulp fantasy. Fuck this game
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
TeamHavocRacing

That's what I've said from the start. How about our own AP bringing home a well deserved trophy! Slayed his demons.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

That was a nice ride by AP. It's easy to be a fan of him.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Really going to dock 3 positions for that on McAdoo? Maybe a time penalty but even that is stretching it, he went down in the whoops, got turned by tuff blocks, and then instead of join in the middle of a whoop section joined in a straight after checking 3 times that the lane was open and coasting. Maybe you want him to join closer to the corner, understandable, but THREE positions????? Anderson skipped the entirety of the whoop section, while on the throttle, and without crashing and was only docked one spot??? How does that math?
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.