2021 MotoGP/F1 Thread

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: 2021 MotoGP/F1 Thread

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

The pole lap of Russell compared to Lewis' was stark! Russell's lines looked like he was hungry and Lewis looked kinda lazy. I haven't been watching shit this year.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Albon to Williams. One Aston seat, one Alfa and 2 Haas seats unconfirmed so far? Who do we reckon get these ones? Stroll and Mazepin we can guess(?), but the other two?
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Ferrari is still funding Mick so don't expect either Haas seat to change. Stroll and Mazepin will have to do something really dumb to not get a seat. However, there is a rumor that Andretti is looking to buy into a team and there has been a rumor for some years that Haas may be selling. Its one of the main reasons this season both of their drivers are pay drivers. If there were to be new ownership you wouldn't mind taking a pay driver like Mick but one like Mazespin the line gets blurry and not so safe. Seb signed a 1+1 contract and don't see why they wouldn't keep him and don't see anything from Seb that says its over either so that extension looks good.

The remaining Alfa seat is the only remaining one really up for grabs that I see. Gio was also part of the Ferrari program but has never shown much of a sparkle. Still young in his career honestly so tough to judge him like this but with Bottas taking the other seat do you really need to keep a midfielder? Could Merc buy out Ferrari in the Alfa team to move Gio and place Bottas/De Vries and perhaps sweeten it with their engine instead? Probably not, Merc would likely only pay for Bottas but they do want to move De Vries after he has won F2 and now Formula E for them. Could Ferrari decide to no longer support Gio and instead give support to Calum Ilot? He is already a reserve driver for Alfa and finished second to Mick in F2. Personally, I see this one as more likely.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

Bottas doing the most is great, love to see it. Red Bull don't seem to have the car this week and once again Perez is making my early season comments look dumb. Gio getting to Q3 is also a great way for him to fight for his seat. Also, good on Ric for keeping up with Lando this go around.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Grats to Fabio Quatararo on the MotoGP title! First Frenchman to do so. Christian Sarron came the closest iirc. The changing of the guard happened pretty quickly this time! Rossi out and Marquez taken down a notch or two.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

HOLY SHIT
MXS Cares
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Pumaxcs wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:29 am HOLY SHIT
You OK? First the tornado and now no F1 comments. I'm getting a little worried!
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Wow, that was insane. Feels like FIA did soemwhat the right thing. Since Hamilton gained a fair bit in the beginning, it was only fair to let them race for it in the end, in my opinion.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

jlv wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:33 am
Pumaxcs wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:29 am HOLY SHIT
You OK? First the tornado and now no F1 comments. I'm getting a little worried!
LOL

Yeah, poor timing. I'm fine and everyone I know is fine. It was about an hour away. I live in Illinois but decided to split the difference between Thanksgiving and Christmas by hanging out a weekend down at home so that was really good timing. Funny enough, that Amazon warehouse was only about 40 minutes from my Illinois residence so there was just no escaping it.

That race was insane. When Lewis first made his pass and started gapping I knew the race was over there. With the way their strategies worked RB would never catch. Checo did everything right and earned a year's salary in a lap, regardless of how the rest of the season went for him he made up for literally everything right there. But, once again Lewis began gapping them. Under the VSC I'm still confused why Merc didn't want to pit Lewis and ultimately this cost them the race. Their justification of track position is weak because Lewis and that car were clearly the faster pair. The only guess I have about that is they wanted to avoid Max at all costs, even if they knew they would've been able to pass. Then into the final and bigger controversial point of the Latifi crash. The only part I didn't like about it was how late they left the call and the back and forth of the call made. If they would've led from the start "We will try and clear this as quick as possible and clear lapped cars before the final lap" just even a lap heads up, it would be a lot quieter about the FIA call. I also believe they rushed it because they knew the audience they had and didn't want the final race to end under a safety car at all cost basically. However, if they wanted a race a red flag or keeping everyone in place maybe would've ended more "fair" because what we got was a 1 lap sprint with Max on 1 lap old soft's and Lewis on 40 lap old hards and it doesn't take much to admit that was never really fair either. Though this all goes back to Merc not pitting because of track position in both situations which I get, especially more so for the Latifi crash but Lewis being the faster one put them on the backfoot for their strategy through the race ultimately. Absolutely sick race however you split it, those two were on a different level all season long so I cant wait for the new cars next season.
MXS Cares
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I can't get over how far the tornado went. Basically from Arkansas to half way across Kentucky.

Don't the rules say the lapped cars have to stay in line? Even in NASCAR they only let one by per yellow.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

Chain Bear is my favorite technical F1 youtuber. He does a very good job explaining it.

The rules say that lapped cars are allowed through and once the final lapped car has passed the safety car will pit the following lap. No limit to the number of laps that takes or how many cars must be considered past. The FIA ruled that the following rule standing could override this rule in that once they give warning safety car is ending there is no taking it back.

I agree with everything in the video, this was sloppy but taking the championship away in court is a worse outcome for everyone. I want to see FIA have a major rework before next season, be it personel or rule standings but there was way too much interpretation going on this season.
MXS Cares
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Wow. I can't believe they don't have a hard rule on that.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

I'll say this as a green F1 fan, I've only watched this year start to finish. That finish was so weird. If both teams had agreed on it not finishing under safety car, then red flagging was the easiest decision to make. That would have ENSURED it not finish under SC, and it would've been the fairest race to the finish presented.

I also want to touch on Lewis cutting that corner. Why are so many people pressed at him for cutting turn 7? If he would've tried to get back on in between turns 6 and 7, or any faster than he did after 7, that would've been pretty dangerous in my opinion. He got back on track, then gave the time back. I don't see the problem.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

DBRider251 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:35 am I'll say this as a green F1 fan, I've only watched this year start to finish. That finish was so weird. If both teams had agreed on it not finishing under safety car, then red flagging was the easiest decision to make. That would have ENSURED it not finish under SC, and it would've been the fairest race to the finish presented.

I also want to touch on Lewis cutting that corner. Why are so many people pressed at him for cutting turn 7? If he would've tried to get back on in between turns 6 and 7, or any faster than he did after 7, that would've been pretty dangerous in my opinion. He got back on track, then gave the time back. I don't see the problem.
It blew my mind the inconsistency for dive-bombing and forcing people off the track. And to this day I don't understand it anymore, this season was weird for that. Lando got pinged for doing it but apparently, the key difference was, it was into gravel. Every other season would have seen Max penalized a lot.
If Hamilton held his line and didn't go off and cut the corner, there would have been a guaranteed collision. IMO, he shouldn't be expected to drive off the track to avoid a collision he didn't intiate. Max throughout the season did this (dive-bombed and force people off the track, even in one case where he himself blew wide on a corner going off track forcing hamilton extra-wide), it annoyed me.

Up until this season I never like Hamilton (similar to how everyone hated Stewart), I respected the fact he is one of the best F1 drivers in history. But after this season, I like him a lot more. I feel like he got a raw bargain and just feel bad for the guy. He seemed pretty mature this season.
Hi
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

Boblob801 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:21 am
DBRider251 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:35 am I'll say this as a green F1 fan, I've only watched this year start to finish. That finish was so weird. If both teams had agreed on it not finishing under safety car, then red flagging was the easiest decision to make. That would have ENSURED it not finish under SC, and it would've been the fairest race to the finish presented.

It blew my mind the inconsistency for dive-bombing and forcing people off the track. And to this day I don't understand it anymore, this season was weird for that. Lando got pinged for doing it but apparently, the key difference was, it was into gravel. Every other season would have seen Max penalized a lot.
If Hamilton held his line and didn't go off and cut the corner, there would have been a guaranteed collision. IMO, he shouldn't be expected to drive off the track to avoid a collision he didn't intiate. Max throughout the season did this (dive-bombed and force people off the track, even in one case where he himself blew wide on a corner going off track forcing hamilton extra-wide), it annoyed me.

Up until this season I never like Hamilton (similar to how everyone hated Stewart), I respected the fact he is one of the best F1 drivers in history. But after this season, I like him a lot more. I feel like he got a raw bargain and just feel bad for the guy. He seemed pretty mature this season.
I don't even see how people are saying Lewis should have given the position back to Max. Max never made a pass, he just pushed Hamilton off the track.

I haven't liked Max at all tbh. He wasn't as bad in the few races I had watched in previous seasons, but maybe I just didn't see some worse behavior in the other races. This year, he was just borderline dangerous.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault