2021 MotoGP/F1 Thread

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
jonracer594

Re: 2021 MotoGP/F1 Thread

Post by jonracer594 »

DBRider251 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:35 am .
I am one of those thinking what Hamilton did there wasn't right. Imo he could have rejoined the track right after the crubs end but he cut so much out of there.. I also never really saw any given back time comparing how close they were on the straight to T6 and then after that. I have to say tho Hamilton giving back the positions wouldn't have made any diffrence as Mercedes' pace was insane. And hopefully the FIA have learned to maybe red flag the race if a situation like those last laps ever happens again.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: 2021 MotoGP/F1 Thread

Post by Wahlamt »

DBRider251 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:35 am I also want to touch on Lewis cutting that corner. Why are so many people pressed at him for cutting turn 7? If he would've tried to get back on in between turns 6 and 7, or any faster than he did after 7, that would've been pretty dangerous in my opinion. He got back on track, then gave the time back. I don't see the problem.
DBRider251 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:08 amI don't even see how people are saying Lewis should have given the position back to Max. Max never made a pass, he just pushed Hamilton off the track.
I think the pass was fair, hella aggressive, but fair. Since Max actually made the corner this time. Also in my opinion, Max was closer to Lewis before the pass than any time after. Maybe not by a lot, but it all just seemed weird. His get on was fine, just ways ahead. Also by the time the benefit was "given back", they were away from the the main passing sections allowing Hamilton to cruise away. Either way, the last lap dash at the end felt as if FIA justified it as "Hamilton got a small benefit early on, now let them duke it out 1 on 1". I'm quite new to F1 so my takes might be wrong.