2021 MX Season

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

2021 MX Season

Post by DBRider251 »

I got Tomac, Osborne, and maybe Plessinger surprising some people battling for the title. I've heard rumors that Tomac has been doing outdoors testing since Daytona because he doesn't want to lose outdoors again.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Re: 2021 MX Season

Post by Pumaxcs »

That Tomac rumor I hope is false then lol. If you can only do 10/10 results and gave up SX halfway through then this looks really bad.

I wanted to make a comment about Martin vs Lawrence that if he gets shown up the Geico engine rumor is going to look a little shaky but can't do that anymore. I think its safe to give Jett the title now, as long as he doesn't throw it away himself no one else on the gate can match the raw speed he has, and those who I think could like Colt, Hunter, and RJ will be in too deep of a hole by the time they figure anything out, and I don't think Cooper can ever match him on a day where they both start upfront or he could recover on a bad day like Jett could.

Good on Roczen for what he has been able to do so far. I would've never guess 3/4 moto wins for him at round 2. We will see if he keeps it going as far as his fitness but winning moto 2 last week and being very consistently fast this week looks promising for him. I need AC to take off Marty's front tire. Webb can keep doing what he is doing, great job champ, keep it up.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Wow do I hate the rider gap intervals, just keep the normal "behind the leader" time...
m121c

Post by m121c »

Pumaxcs wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:43 am I wanted to make a comment about Martin vs Lawrence that if he gets shown up the Geico engine rumor is going to look a little shaky but can't do that anymore.
I am probably completely wrong and those are left over Geico motors... but it is my opinion that HRC 250f looks night and day better than the Geico bike did. However, it is Jett on the bike, the dude is so good at carrying his speed that he can make a slow bike look fast. It will be interesting to see how he transitions to the east coast tracks, gotta remember it's only his second go around on many of these tracks compared to Cooper and a few of the the other class vets. So far though, he is a in a class of his own outdoors; bummer for JMart.

450's is wild. Tomac and Webb's performances are brain tangling. I really just don't get it, is it the speed? I mean the bikes can't be that bad, Tomac has won this championship multiple times, he has to know how to get his bike close to what worked. I get the class is stacked and that an 8 place start is hard to charge up through compared to years past, but man, he doesn't even make passes. Sexton went from outside top 10 two weekends in a row and passed Tomac and Webb. Webb anchors hard even after a good start. Just so weird.

Interesting start to this season. Hope KRoc has the gas tank full and can push through the remaining 10 rounds. He's already put a nice gap on the "early favorites". DF14 wasn't in the convo, but that dude is going to be a force all season I feel.
DBRider251

Post by DBRider251 »

With my early picks being completely wrong, it's wild to see what's happened after 2 rounds. Tomac being this bad is just weird. I want to say it's going downhill since Reid Nordin, Rick Asch, and Mike Williamson left, but Adam is running up front. I know Tomac said on SML this week that "Just riding around out here is too dangerous" but come on, everyone can tell he's either getting a stock bike every weekend or he's just staying healthy for that Star ride.

I guess Osborne didn't recover like I thought he would.

Kenny??????? Where was this 2 months ago????

Super fucking bummed for Anderson.

I feel like I'm the only one surprised with Webb doing this bad outdoors though? His 450 outdoor seasons haven't been great, and he hasn't been to all 12 rounds since he got on the 450. 2017 he missed Washougal, ended up 7th in points. 2018 he missed the first 5 rounds, ended up 9th, never got on the box. In 2019 he was in 4th before he crashed out at Unadilla, then missing the rest of the season. Only raced 2 motos last year. I mean, the guy is good indoors, but hasn't done anything outdoors since his 250 title.
DBRider251

Post by DBRider251 »

Dead topic

Hyped for Swoll, that kid will be something else in a couple years once he gets a little bigger.

Even being a Tomac fan, I think that was a 1 off race… maybe he does something at Southwick in a couple weeks, but I don’t see anyone catching Roczen and Ferrandis if they keep it up. Maybe AP or AC if they catch fire
Team: LCQ Studios / rF

Post by 137 »

DBRider251 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:24 pm Even being a Tomac fan, I think that was a 1 off race…
I hate to agree since you know I’m a big Tomac fan. But I feel the same way, if he gets a bad start he doesn’t try as hard, if he’s top 5 in the start he’s gonna try and attack. I feel like he’s giving up, finishing out this Kawasaki deal and gonna do a year or 2 with Yamaha and call it quits. My call is it’s gonna be a one year deal T Yamaha.
If you enjoy what I make, donate to the cause 8) It's very much appreciated!!
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

I thought he was going to quit at the end of this season...
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

My guess is it's a bit of an RV2 situation. He wanted to quit but someone threw a too fat to walk away contract with bonuses.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
DBRider251

Post by DBRider251 »

Watching everyone double the leap made my physically sick. Push the turn back and get rid of the roller. Make RedBud Great Again.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

The leap was doable but you had to go so far outside that if anyone was racing you'd they'd easily just cut you off. Seeing people behind like Ferrandis doing the leap on someone who didn't made it obvious that going wider made up for it but was just overall too risky. Not sure what it was but seemed like both the leap and big step up double at the start of the track just had the landings too built up sometimes. Personally, I'd like to see them just make the run up longer, flat turn, flatten/longer landing. If safety is a concern just have a bailout double on the inside for lappers or something.

RJ was just full sendin' 'er. Never questioned his speed but that guy is terrifying. During an AC blog he was watching RJ at High Point and made the comment "You don't ever want RJ behind you. Could be for 9th, doesn't matter he will kill himself or you for that place. Kill you dead." Put that on full show. Also a good ride for Cooper first moto to come back like that, didn't think he had it in him. Still waiting for the day Hunter is the primary Lawrence brother on the day, he should've had it for High Point but can't do it for throwing.

I don't want to overreact but I think Ken is falling victim to himself again. He is so fast but oh my goodness does he have some demons in his head that doubt him. There isn't anything wrong with being the second-fastest guy by any means but when you are the fastest guy and crumble to be the third fastest it hurts to watch so many times over.
MXS Cares
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

OH HOLY SHIT WAIT
MXS Cares
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

Fucking shit I hit tab (instead of undoing caps) and then enter which apparently is the hotkey shortcut to quick post. Cool

The penalties against Dylan and Ken. How could I fucking forget. This abomination of a call, fuck me. Now what makes this such a bad call?

Via SupercrossLive: “Per AMA Rule 4.16.E.9.C, four riders in Tuesday’s Houston Supercross have been penalized for jumping on a red cross flag. The penalty for each rider is the loss of championship points and purse equal to two positions for that race, plus two additional points. Riders affected are Ken Roczen, Jason Anderson, Vince Friese and Martin Davalos.”

Previously, when jumping under red cross flags all riders who inflicted this penalty were given a very specific points/pay penalty and all equally. This time, however, two riders who did the same infraction next to each other GOT PENALIZED DIFFERENTLY???????? COME ON AMA WTFFFFF
MXS Cares
RFX_corentin_12
Team: Impact

Post by RFX_corentin_12 »

Pumaxcs wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:20 am Fucking shit I hit tab (instead of undoing caps) and then enter which apparently is the hotkey shortcut to quick post. Cool

The penalties against Dylan and Ken. How could I fucking forget. This abomination of a call, fuck me. Now what makes this such a bad call?

Via SupercrossLive: “Per AMA Rule 4.16.E.9.C, four riders in Tuesday’s Houston Supercross have been penalized for jumping on a red cross flag. The penalty for each rider is the loss of championship points and purse equal to two positions for that race, plus two additional points. Riders affected are Ken Roczen, Jason Anderson, Vince Friese and Martin Davalos.”

Previously, when jumping under red cross flags all riders who inflicted this penalty were given a very specific points/pay penalty and all equally. This time, however, two riders who did the same infraction next to each other GOT PENALIZED DIFFERENTLY???????? COME ON AMA WTFFFFF
I mean Ferrandis still brake and dont jump the full jump, while Ken just full send it and jump
Team: LCQ Studios / rF

Post by 137 »

Pumaxcs wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:20 am The penalties against Dylan and Ken. How could I fucking forget. This abomination of a call, fuck me. Now what makes this such a bad call?
This is what got me. How are you gonna penalize people when the Red Cross flagger was standing on the landing of an almost blind takeoff? Yeah Ferrandis might’ve seen it first since he focused up front, Roczen chasing Ferrandis ducking roost probably seen it last second and it was already to late. Why wasn’t the guy closer to the takeoff?? In my opinion it was a bad call and just hurt Roczen in the end, nothing against Ferrandis just to make that clear.
If you enjoy what I make, donate to the cause 8) It's very much appreciated!!