motocross: chasing the dream??

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
makuke12fan2
Team: KTM Racing

motocross: chasing the dream??

Post by makuke12fan2 »

Hello! Just would like to know is motocross chasing the dream gonna be released? If yes then when?
Tmore_331
Team: Impact

Re: motocross: chasing the dream??

Post by Tmore_331 »

They're still working on it little by little, you can see some progress on their forum: https://forum.lcqstudios.com/
Imo, I think the game wont release or it will be released in 5-10 years if they stay committed and devoted.
TMOREEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tmore_331

Post by Tmore_331 »

Also I'm 90% sure that Aeffertz is making the helmet models, boot models, and lots of other models in the game.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Development's been slow for a while.
baker

Post by baker »

Wahlamt wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:26 pm Development's been slow for a while.
Good software can take time 🙂
Tmore_331

Post by Tmore_331 »

baker wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:38 am
Wahlamt wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:26 pm Development's been slow for a while.
Good software can take time 🙂
Yes, and the fact that they are trying to perfect the game
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

Hi, MCTD developer here.

I haven't posted anything in a super long time because there has been a high level of uncertainty on my end around the development of the game. Unfortunately, the first 6 months of covid really screwed the development up badly. I won't speak for the other guys, but I was forced to leave my school-owned apartment and get a full-time job while also completing my degree online. It was tough, to say the least, and I didn't have time to work on the game. Fast-forward to early 2021 and no one could really commit fully to working on it so this summer we put it on the backburner as everyone was too busy and I had another game I was working on that was released in August this year. Paired with frustrations with Unity leaving game developers high and dry with broken engine versions because of their new commitment to making tools for other industries, I just didn't have the motivation as I was constantly writing workarounds for stupid engine bugs instead of actually getting to work on the game.

However, the last couple of months I have been experimenting porting some stuff over to Unreal Engine, but I just decided this week to stick with Unity and tough it out since a lot of the stuff I have written in my other game can be reused for a dirtbike game. I think MCTD is dead for good, as I dread opening up the project every time, BUT I am starting fresh, keeping the good parts of MCTD and throwing out the rest. When I get something playable, it will be available on Steam right away (probably for free in the beginning) as I'd rather have people playing from the start and adding new features as we go. I'm not sure if any of my old team will have any interest in working with me on this "new" game, but I'll make sure I'll put myself in a position to where I won't get burnt out as bad this time. I have big plans and after all my previous mistakes and hardships, I know what I need to do in order to get those plans done. I feel like I owe everyone who was invested in the project an apology for not being more open about what has been going on, and that will come eventually, I just need to figure some stuff out first as I don't feel like I've fully recovered from our little derailment. Depression sucks when you get in too deep and most of the time it's really hard to get out, but I've put in some work mentally and I'm ready to get back to fixing what mainstream moto game developers can't (I'm looking at you Milestone).

In the meantime, if you want to see what I've been working on for the last year, I have a game on Steam called "Wide Open" that I have been working on with a legendary MXB creator. We're about to release a super large update with race series and a cool replay system -

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1556420/Wide_Open/

Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

There have been many voices talking crap about MCTD, which i think is very unfortunate! Hodge has been working his ass off to make progress on MCTD and I often wondered how he could deal with so much work, as it was obviously not his everyday job to make this game! It's been a tough time for all of us, and although i only agreed to contribute a few models to the game, it even hit myself and i haven't found motivation ever since.
Hodge whipped up this game almost entirely on his own, which is no simple task considering the quality he already achieved!
I think if he can get his motivation back to where it was and maybe force himself to take a step back from it every now and then, he can definitely put together a great mx game! Good stuff takes time and I hope people will continue to support him on his way!
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

Is there more to this?
I googled it and it seemed like a game roughly in beta. But then I wasn't really able to see much past a handful of 480p videos on youtube.
Hi
Mr. Wiggles
Team: GSR/137 Kid

Post by Mr. Wiggles »

https://lcqstudios.com/2022/05/20/its-t ... bout-mctd/

Boblob801 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:19 am Is there more to this?
I googled it and it seemed like a game roughly in beta. But then I wasn't really able to see much past a handful of 480p videos on youtube.
Bottom feeder at LCQ Studios
Internet Nice Guy!