2022 SX Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: 2022 SX Discussion

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Pumaxcs wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:10 am nvm I'm done supercross sucks
What? Why?
[rant] Please let that not be about fantasy! If it is, make a new topic with which then to go off about on fantasy once...pllllleeeeeaaase? Maybe I should make a new topic about fantasy ruining any enjoyment of sports for the rest of us. [/end rant]

Good start if you ask me! Lots of messages being sent fully! Marvin?!? Real bummer about Nichols. He's lucky to get away from that and still have no paralysis. I haven't looked for any Swoll social statements but hoping for full use of limbs too. The whoops seemed a bit too cruel as everyone had their "Come to Jesus" moments in them. The sweepers were clever track design I thought. Bring on Oakland!
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

I thought it was a good night of racing. It was awesome to see some guys switching up their program and getting some spark back. Marvin did Mookie dirty man. I was bummed to see Anderson and Barcia get together, it was nice to see Anderson running at a good pace. But why the hell did he leave the door open like that with the likes of Bam Bam behind him?
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:20 pm Real bummer about Nichols. He's lucky to get away from that and still have no paralysis.
That is probably top 5 worst nightmare crashes - head and arms got trashed, then the bike whacked him right in the hip and just sat there frying him. He broke both arms. That's one where you think you're dreaming for several days.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Am I a bad person for laughing when the Barcia/Anderson duel reached its inevitable conclusion? It'd be a fun series if they were the top two.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

jlv wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:42 am Am I a bad person for laughing when the Barcia/Anderson duel reached its inevitable conclusion? It'd be a fun series if they were the top two.
No that was funny. In general, lot's of good battles. Fun to watch some rubbing, feels like the last few years has been less of that. Either way, leaving the door open for either Friese or Barcia is just asking to lose a few spots :lol: Also quite uncharacteristic of Marvin to cause that crash, can wonder what wad up. Extremely happy to see Mookie do good with a proper factory contract!
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Ofcourse it was about Fantasy what else is there to talk about.

I had Jalek on my team which sucked but seeing him take two steps grabbing his chest and fall back down after being stabbed was scary. Then when they threw the red flag I was really worried about internal bleeding. Seems he is ok though which is good. Colt's crash looked scary but slow motion, would have never guessed double broken arms like that.

As much fun as all the passing was it was incredibly dumb. All of it. Neat Barcia, you cleaned out Anderson. WHY THE FUCK DOES IT MATTER IF YOU LET WEBB BY IMMEDIATELY AFTER????? Neat, the midfield will be interesting but it means dick all if we are just going to have Ken/Cooper finishing 1/2 for the rest of the season.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

Pumaxcs wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:56 pm Neat Barcia, you cleaned out Anderson. WHY THE FUCK DOES IT MATTER IF YOU LET WEBB BY IMMEDIATELY AFTER?????
Austrian Alliance
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
Joe

Post by Joe »

Pumaxcs wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:56 pm Ofcourse it was about Fantasy what else is there to talk about.
Do you play on the Motoxdream league?
..it means dick all if we are just going to have Ken/Cooper finishing 1/2 for the rest of the season.
Come on! Do you really think Ken is going to finish the WHOLE season in 1st OR 2nd? He has a solid 3 races before he has a life changing illness of some sort.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Joe wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:27 am Come on! Do you really think Ken is going to finish the WHOLE season in 1st OR 2nd? He has a solid 3 races before he has a life changing illness of some sort.
This made me laugh :lol: As sad as it is, it's not far from the truth.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

About to do my best Kellen impersonation.

Since 2019 SX he has not done worse than 4th in a championship, which was probably the start of this "he fades" thing. 2019 MX he was 2nd, 2020 SX he was 3rd (5 points behind Webb), skipped 2020 MX, 2021 SX 2nd, 2021 MX he was 2nd until the last moto where he broke ribs in the first turn so ET3 got him and pushed to 3rd.

Does he fade? Yeah sure. That doesn't stop him from being one of the most consistent point scorers of the past 3 years. The take out for 7th doesn't change much when the two biggest threats are still the top two.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

All because of a couple of corroded nipples and junk? Ferrandis seems the one who like Bob Hannah, somehow manages to keep the throttle hand the only thing touching his bike and floats through it all or mounts an incredible comeback. Don't count him out. ET is going to build steam. He learned to take it as it comes. Post-Baker guys? How will they fare? The New Guns have something to say as well! Are there more then 22 gates now? It feels like it!
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
m121c

Post by m121c »

I like Ken’s honesty, but his timing and delivery of that information sometimes just misses the mark. Why go all of December not really saying anything, only to show up to A1 and break the news after? It makes it seem as if it were a subconscious excuse (or pat on the back) whichever way it went. Rather AC comes out a week before and just says “hey this happened to me, idk how this is will go but Im giving it a shot”.

If he can get a championship it would be this year imo. We are back to normal weekend events so he can recover, and it seems he came into the season a little less “over prepared”. Maybe he can build and not tap out as quick this season.

The thing I noticed about Webb was A1 was not his track (or Marvs). The whoops were big, and those 2 can’t do whoops like the others... but that new KTM sure seemed consistent enough that it was minimal. Thats dangerous for everyone else.

ET I think suffered A1 arm pump per usual. Or atleast I hope.. if not the Yami hype isn’t looking like much.
Joe

Post by Joe »

@Puma I guess you are right he is pretty consistent I guess I just don't like him as a person. I mean anytime he does good he will tell you he's the best rider in the world. On the flip side when he doesn't have the best night or under preforms he all of a sudden has nipple chafing or mono.

@m121c You are right on the webb/marv thing! Marv was looking really comfortable for a guy that sucks at whoops and those things were massive!
jonracer594

Post by jonracer594 »

m121c wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:34 pm I like Ken’s honesty, but his timing and delivery of that information sometimes just misses the mark. Why go all of December not really saying anything, only to show up to A1 and break the news after? It makes it seem as if it were a subconscious excuse (or pat on the back) whichever way it went. Rather AC comes out a week before and just says “hey this happened to me, idk how this is will go but Im giving it a shot”.

Didn't Kenny talk about his December illness at the Honda Press Day? I know he posted that coughing video on sunday, but I think he, like AC, said a few days before Anaheim that he isn't in the best shape. I could be wrong tho.
m121c

Post by m121c »

:P
jonracer594 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:56 pm
m121c wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:34 pm I like Ken’s honesty, but his timing and delivery of that information sometimes just misses the mark. Why go all of December not really saying anything, only to show up to A1 and break the news after? It makes it seem as if it were a subconscious excuse (or pat on the back) whichever way it went. Rather AC comes out a week before and just says “hey this happened to me, idk how this is will go but Im giving it a shot”.

Didn't Kenny talk about his December illness at the Honda Press Day? I know he posted that coughing video on sunday, but I think he, like AC, said a few days before Anaheim that he isn't in the best shape. I could be wrong tho.
I think you are right. I listened to pulpmx lastnight (Ken was fired up lol) and it does seem he had said something prior. I can also recall seeing he had a insta story along the lines of (back in the gym) or something in December but my brain thought it was his first day back at his gym in the US.

Man its tough to keep up with all the socials!