2022 SX Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: 2022 SX Discussion

Post by Wahlamt »

Smartfi interview felt so awkward.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

This entire Race Day crew has been awkward. Putting Zach in by far the highlight. The chick is pulling stats out of her ass left and right. Main announcer is consistently lost on the track trying to describe the sections. He also can't keep up with the timing and scoring card at all with position changes. Blair deserves the broadcast and I'm happy for him to be there but man does RDL fall apart without him in it.

Track is cool, love long rhythms into bowls like this. Crazy with as much floor space they have its still almost under a minute for laptimes.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Not too big of a Christen Beat (spelling?) fan, that also comes from the Hoosier AX series. She seems so robotic and sounds like everything is pre-recorded. DD and Georgia Lindsay/Albertson has been the best female talent there so far. Blair seems better in the booth than on the floor imo.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

I think Kristen knows just enough about the sport to sound like she knows nothing about the sport. I do think she has skills as a broadcaster, but it feels like she is trying too hard to prove herself. She becomes a little annoying and starts saying stuff that's either completely irrelevant or just overly obvious. In a past round, she mentioned that one corner was in between 90 and 180 degrees, which meant that the riders would have to use the clutch. The one-on-one interviews she does a lot better, but I gave up after she told Roczen he was a strong superhero 3 times in a row.

I feel bad that they have Joseph on there at all. He is charismatic and funny but his energy just doesn't work unless he's talking to Mosiman. I understand he has a history as a rider and NBC probably owns his soul after he won America's Got Talent, but he needs to be on the Today show or Ninja Warrior or something.

I'm ok with the RDL broadcasters having less knowledge than me, but I don't think they should load the practice stream with so much elementary bullshit. You have an audience of only superfans for 4-5 hours, and they are watching it on mute! I have to sign up for Peacock, log on midday on Saturday, click on the sports tab, then click past the Olympics to watch this thing - I didn't just accidentally turn the TV onto NBC, and I don't need a ground-up explanation of supercross.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Team: LCQ Studios / rF

Post by 137 »

KTM57 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:21 amI don't need a ground-up explanation of supercross.
Unfortunately some people need a schooling cause most people think all you do is sit down and twist the throttle and it’s as easy as that.
If you enjoy what I make, donate to the cause 8) It's very much appreciated!!
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Not relevant during the daytime show. Nobody is going to sit and watch that shit if they aren't invested in the sport already.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
baker

Post by baker »

137 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:52 am
KTM57 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:21 amI don't need a ground-up explanation of supercross.
Unfortunately some people need a schooling cause most people think all you do is sit down and twist the throttle and it’s as easy as that.
“Motor-cross is so easy !.!. All you do is sit and twist a throttle”
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Its like I posted on Twitter, I am watching 250 B practice on a paywalled stream. You don't need to break down anything, I can assure I am here on purpose.

I have been on this Friese hate wagon for a really long time, so long I may be the conductor. Way back in 2009 there was a St Louis local who qualified for the race in 250 East. Surprisingly enough the guy got 3rd in his heat, I remember very clearly because the drunk chick behind me in the stands clearly yelled "He got fucking third!!" before chest bumping her friend and dumping half a pint of beer on me just in front of her. The race was sick and where Travis's bike broke in the LCQ was right in front of me at that tunnel jump so not a bad night but I would've enjoyed it more not being sticky from Budweiser. But, since that day because of that lady I've not liked Vince, though, through the years he has given plenty of other reasons.

I didn't feel bad for him when Jo hit him and he lost a podium. What he did to Craig was unacceptable, and him cross jumping the entire long 3-3-3 because he could only double in, keeping Shimoda, Moisman, and Thrasher behind him longer than they should've been was stupid. He deserves every tuffblock he eats.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I felt bad for him when he fell in the whoops last week and his head went right into Shimoda's fender. It looked like if his head was a football it would have went 60 yards. I'm amazed there was no concussion.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
baker

Post by baker »

jlv wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:30 am I felt bad for him when he fell in the whoops last week and his head went right into Shimoda's fender. It looked like if his head was a football it would have went 60 yards. I'm amazed there was no concussion.
I did too because it looked rough… maybe it affected his decision making skills this past round 😂 otherwise I can only wish bad results on the guy. He’s been dirty the whole season.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

jlv wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:30 am I felt bad for him when he fell in the whoops last week and his head went right into Shimoda's fender.
No JLV! NO! He deserves to have Peick remove his helmet and connect squarely with EVERY single punch!
jlv wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:30 am It looked like if his head was a football it would have went 60 yards. I'm amazed there was no concussion.
Yay! No brain, no migraine.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
TeamHavocRacing

Track is so sick! Here's to no big injuries or disruption of gnarly racing.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Any news on injuries? Felt as if 4/5 250 riders went down in the whoops :shock:
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:15 pm Track is so sick! Here's to no big injuries or disruption of gnarly racing.
Top 10 things that aged poorly:
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
TeamHavocRacing

DBRider251 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:59 pm
TeamHavocRacing wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:15 pm Track is so sick! Here's to no big injuries or disruption of gnarly racing.
Top 10 things that aged poorly:
Me and my big mouth cursed the 250s. Shimoda needs to take about 5-10 percent off 'er.