2022 F1 Thread

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Re: 2022 F1 Thread

Post by Pumaxcs »

It is a smidge ironic the only American team in F1 had a scandal revolving around Russian oligarch money.

Charles and Max with another great race. Maybe DRS is better than I thought first race considering the mind games they are playing. Though, I think this circles back to the cars being able to follow so much better. Before, DRS was intended to allow the following car back in to contention by the braking zone. Now, the gap the cars have to close is so much smaller so even though DRS may not have as big of an effect on cars drag themselves they just simply don't need as big of a boost as they did previously. I don't think that's too hard to remedy though, just changing the DRS active zones to be later in the straight.

I find it very funny this was a tactic they discovered they could abuse because of playing F1 2019 while the real season was canceled due to covid.

Perez had the tire deg and pace for Leclerc, the only reason it got close between him and Max was the safety car. So bummed for him because it just seemed to take all the wind from his sails. Speaking of taking wind from sails, who will be the new Merc driver after Lewis retires this year? He has really only stayed because he was competitive and just signing small renewal contracts here and there. I don't know if I see him switching teams because Red Bull have Max and Ferrari have Charles, he wouldn't sign to a lower team. If 4/5 is all they can do best case without any events happening I think he bows pretty quick if by the end it doesn't start looking closer. Not to be all doomer only two rounds in and all though.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Pumaxcs wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:47 am It is a smidge ironic the only American team in F1 had a scandal revolving around Russian oligarch money.
Gene Haas is pretty much a criminal. Already busted for tax evasion before and if you've had any experience with Haas machine tools and insight into his operations, you would see. He's a scandal magnet.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Tax evasion is probably the least of it, wikipedia says he was born in Youngstown Ohio. :lol:
TeamHavocRacing

I'd need a while to tell the story about his mill and lathe business practices as outlined by a technician one day. Short story is he has 6 mo. bonus periods that rewards meeting shipping quota on time. Now, imagine the shit they do do meet those deadlines. It's reflected in the build quality and feature reliability to say the least! They speed implementation of new, unproven features that get phased out anyway et cetera. I almost had my arm torn off by a delayed action due to a full hard drive bogging down the execution of commands. Thank God I just program now.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:58 pm I almost had my arm torn off by a delayed action due to a full hard drive bogging down the execution of commands. Thank God I just program now.
I would have thought there'd be a physical switch to keep it from moving when you're changing a bit or whatever.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing

LoL! Typical ADD off-topic here.

It was a Haas ST25 SSY lathe. Hard drive program storage with a "percent free" display which ended up being inconsequential since it only malfunctioned when the program count got over 200! No matter how much storage was used up. It would act like a laptop with a full hard drive when it got over 200 programs. Delayed execution. This fact was only learned after this incident. The tailstock had a foot treadle switch for hands-free loading of shafts for between-centers work. I accidentally tripped it one day reaching deep inside the chip conveyor for a dropped tool when I was setting up in "manual mode". That means it only moves when commanded by a joystick or button other than program start(or foot treadle!). I had time to lay down and reach inside before it moved the delay was so bad. I was looking away to reach deep enough to grab the tool when I thought I felt the conveyor begin moving. The moment of of confusion and disbelief cost me the ability to pull my arm out as the tailstock was moving slowly forward as it's a hydraulic ram. I began screaming and luckily had an assistant then who hit the emergency stop juuuust in time and I laid there trapped and screaming to get it off me since it started to peel my tricep off! (see figure 1 and 2) It took a special sequence of button pushes to get to go to home position without finishing it's stroke first lol! Fortunately a guy knew and prevented a blood curdling sound as it snapped my humerus into 90 degrees followed by a blood curdling scream.

Please continue F1 chat
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Damn. That was a close call!
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

It's April Fools and an off weekend so I'll allow it.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
TeamHavocRacing

Sorry, I just don't get to share the details of that one too often. I had that same assistant pinch the end of his left middle finger off kinda diagonally across about 2/3 of the fingernail. Should I continue?
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

So cool we get another season of Hamilton and Vettel being on the grid next to each other. Just a shame its P13 and P14.

There is the Ferrari team we all know. Charles made the Australian race boring but leave it to a Ferrari team to disappoint in Italy. Very lucky that no damage was had when he hit that wall, I think he was already close enough that lap to get Perez so not sure why he push that chicane so hard. This season is a real changing of the guard, so cool to see so many young drivers up at the front.
MXS Cares
TeamHavocRacing

Anyone got an SR-71 Blackbird handy? I wonder if it's feasible to use the time zones and high tech to spectate some of the Indy 500, Coke 600, Monaco Grand Prix and Opening day at the Isle of Man TT this Sunday? Someday, I might make it to just one!
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

Ferrari was gone after 3 rounds, now they have lost the driver and team championships in only another 3 rounds. Sainz with consistent DNF's really hurt the team standings but Max getting 4 of 6 round wins was so dominant. If the Red Bull car can finish, it is in a class of its own. Good looks for Merc too last weekend for Lewis to pull back up to 5th from last and Russell able to remain somewhat competitive in 3rd.

Now we go to Monaco, Leclerc's home country where he has never finished a race since his 2018 start. Ferrari sweating so hard right now.
MXS Cares
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

Pumaxcs wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:49 am So cool we get another season of Hamilton and Vettel being on the grid next to each other. Just a shame its P13 and P14.
Pumaxcs wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:50 pm Good looks for Merc too last weekend for Lewis to pull back up to 5th from last and Russell able to remain somewhat competitive in 3rd.
Crazy what can happen in a month
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

Yeah no shit huh, lol.

Merc still looks to be in the "best of the rest" category and not quite up to speed but very clear improvements over where they were. Monaco will be good for them and other Merc engine customers because there won't be enough top speed to matter, so body work will be important. They made huge improvements into Spain because the ride height was dropped to almost floor scrape so expect their chassis to keep them top 5 and be able to pick up any pieces if any Ferrari or Red bull finds its way into pieces. The battle for 5th most weeks between Bottas, KMAG, Alonso, Vettel, and Norris has been one of the better midfield fights too.
MXS Cares
TeamHavocRacing

It's funny that Lewis is still complaining about porpoising. You'd think there'd be some compromise or cleverness to remedy it by now.