2022 F1 Thread

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Re: 2022 F1 Thread

Post by Pumaxcs »

The safety improvements of open-wheel racing is so cool. He wasn't even done sliding upside before he was giving an all good radio message.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

He has the fastest hands since Schumi, but a save like that can make the impact even worse. Thanks to the safety evolving to the point that it is today. Grosjean's "guaranteed" fatal crash if it was in the old spec F1 car is testament too. If you dare, look at the Gordon Smiley crash where he has a mid-corner step out at Indy while qualifying and tries to save it. Colton is definitely my favorite active driver. I worked with a guy who went to Skip Barber school with Bryan Herta, so I have a vested interest.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2XHq9d4OWI

Another amazing save by the halo from the start of the Silverstone race. The initial roll cage was crushed and compromised after the initial impact of the roll then shredded away as he continued sliding. I keep saying it but, the halo had a rocky welcome, no one can be against it at this point.

I can't remember the last post I made here for what race so I'll just talk about this one. Ferrari did everything in their power to lose it because of the driver order. Sainz earned his place and was completely right to tell Ferrari they were wrong and he was going to do his own plan. You can't sacrifice everything for a car with damage and old tires like that. Leclerc had a best-case 4th either way that went but Carlos could've easily had been 3-5th had he listened to Ferrari. Speaking of old tires, if Ferrari was so concerned about Leclercs race WHY NOT JUST PIT HIM? They had ample time to do so and the moment Ocon was slowing, even before the call for Safety Car, you had time. Makes zero sense but Ferrari gonna Ferrari. Good for Perez to come back to 2nd after the early front wing damage. Leclerc is also very lucky the stewards didn't look into that incident I believe because going 3 wide and diving that far inside on the first lap was never going to work and it was stupid to even try. Also good on Lewis, once again at the fault of other cars but his race pace was spot on with others and even getting fast lap point. Though I expect no less from him at Silverstone tbh. Then to finish off with a sentence I did not expect to be saying, wow were those last few laps between Max and Mick close. He defended with everything he had and definitely thought they were colliding a few times. Good on Mick for finally getting points and having that monkey off the back, he earned it a few times over at this point.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

Trigger happy and forgot to mention. Big respect to Russell for basically DNF'ing himself to run over and try and help the crash with Zhou. His car took a big hit and I'm not sure the only problem he had was a puncture, probably a good reason someone in there why he wasn't able to get the car started. Regardless, for him to immediately jump out and start running was cool and scary at the same time.

Also, in F2 another example of the halo in work. This one 100% saved a life. The halo catches the car entirely, rest of the driver pod and side pods go untouched in the initial impact. The third slo-mo at around 40 seconds gives a great angle.

MXS Cares
jonracer594

Post by jonracer594 »

What a crazy race Silverstone delivered us there...

That start crash was so insane, I didn't even see Zhou fly off because there was so much going on.. My initial thought was that Russell got the lite version of Max' 2021 crash and then all of a sudden there were like 4 cars damaged and one missing. Good to hear Zhou and Albon were cleared from the hospital tho, amazing how much protection these cars give the drivers today.

Totally agree with you Puma that I also saw Max and Mick collide while they were battling. Didn't expect Mick to go after it like that the way Miami ended but good on him to get some points, big confidence boost right there.

And uhh last but not least I'll just leave this pic right here:
T-RIDER
Team: System Decal

Post by T-RIDER »

jonracer594 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:41 pm And uhh last but not least I'll just leave this pic right here:
https://i.redd.it/g0zipcmkrd991.png
Did you see his 'cool down' lap after the race? He was spitting the dummy big time!

Excited for the sprint qual tonight. With a few people out of position, and these regulations proving almost weekly that you can really race these cars now, It should be a good watch.

On another note, some concept liveries I've done over the past few months - these are all based on the early season RB18 chassis/aero package.

Porsche Factory effort

BMW Re-enter F1 with a full factory team

Lamborghini are the chosen VW group representative

An 'If jaguar Never sold to red bull' concept

Porsche gt1 (1998) Concept

Honda have announced they are title sponsors for RB at Suzuka this year, my take on it.

This one was purely for fun with no real f1 ties, based on the britten v1000 motorcycle
T-RIDER
Team: System Decal

Post by T-RIDER »

Oops, fat fingered the lambo ones.

Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

Pumaxcs wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:50 pm Ferrari was gone after 3 rounds, now they have lost the driver and team championships in only another 3 rounds.
Red Bull cars have a terrible qualifying, for P11 and P10. Ferrari manages to get P2 and P3. Like in the back of our minds surely we were all joking about how they could ruin it with strategy but oh my god for them to actually go and do it was so bizarre. Poor Leclare
MXS Cares
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

Trigger finger, oopsie.

So long Seb. He was the reason I got into F1. I didn't think he had much longer in the sport but still wish he could've had more success in his later years. Meanwhile, Aston literally wasting no time to sell out. AM is building to the future so maybe he see's the future being closer than what I see but will be interesting to see how this pans out.

MXS Cares
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Pumaxcs wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:57 pmTrigger finger, oopsie.
That's becoming a more common injury. Steve Vai had surgery for his last year and a guitarist I worked with had surgery for his. It's kinda like carpal tunnel, but it's like a knot in a rope getting caught in a groove, if you will.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

I have to keep my post count up somehow.
MXS Cares