Mx simulator on the steam deck

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Ivan M.
Team: TM Factory-Racing

Mx simulator on the steam deck

Post by Ivan M. »

Got the linux version of mx simulator running on the steam deck. Haven't tested it too much yet but runs good so far. Only issue I ran into was having no audio, but updating to the latest snapshot seemed to fix that. Also, not really sure why but the audio has a lot of static noise to it.
KTM57

Re: Mx simulator on the steam deck

Post by KTM57 »

Sweet! This will be the first thing I play if I get one. If you showed me this when I was 12, I would have been so stoked!
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Thank goodness JLV is the type of nerd to continue to support a Linux version of the game.

How hard was it to get a Personal Folder with everything in it and the game all set up?
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Ivan M.

Post by Ivan M. »

Pumaxcs wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:11 pm Thank goodness JLV is the type of nerd to continue to support a Linux version of the game.

How hard was it to get a Personal Folder with everything in it and the game all set up?
Setup is really easy, just extract the files of the tar.gz download and your good to go. The folder that the files were extracted to acts as the personal folder so I just put everything in there. It is a pain whenever you want to type something in using a keyboard since you have to put the game into windowed mode to pull the virtual keyboard up but I just connect my bluetooth keyboard whenever I have to type something.
Ivan M.

Post by Ivan M. »

Also downloading game content that is compressed using winrar is kinda annoying since I havent figured out how to unrar those files on the steam deck yet. I have tried a few different applications but havent had any luck so I either unrar those files through a web app or just unrar them on my windows pc and transfer them to the deck.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Thanks for testing that! Looks like an awesome little device.

If you want I could upload a copy of unrar-5.8.3 from the fedora rpm fusion repo. It's command line only but it does handle the new version 5 rars. It'd probably work on steamos/arch.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Ivan M.

Post by Ivan M. »

jlv wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:09 am If you want I could upload a copy of unrar-5.8.3 from the fedora rpm fusion repo. It's command line only but it does handle the new version 5 rars. It'd probably work on steamos/arch.
Yea that would be great, definitely would save me some time.

Tried out a 40 man gate demo on 2020 fox raceway. Had a few stutters here and there, but for the most part it ran fine at 60fps. I'm sure adjusting the graphics settings and running the full remover object pack would eliminate the stutters.
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

Q2'er here patiently waiting for my email... This was going to be the first game I tested out. Glad to see it works well!
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

This is what many have been waiting for!
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
baker

Post by baker »

Ivan M. wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:25 pm Also downloading game content that is compressed using winrar is kinda annoying since I havent figured out how to unrar those files on the steam deck yet. I have tried a few different applications but havent had any luck so I either unrar those files through a web app or just unrar them on my windows pc and transfer them to the deck.
I think you could probably get 7Zip for whatever distro it uses, but dunno if it comes with the GUI or just the command line tool.
I know 100% there is a gui tool with rar + Tarbell + gunzip + zip support for MOST distros.
Mr. Wiggles
Team: GSR/137 Kid

Post by Mr. Wiggles »

LKR47 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:15 pm Q2'er here patiently waiting for my email... This was going to be the first game I tested out. Glad to see it works well!
stop the cap.
Bottom feeder at LCQ Studios
Internet Nice Guy!
Dunivant25

Post by Dunivant25 »

Just put down my reservation for Q3. 1st I'm hearing about these.
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

This thing is an absolute dream for moto gamers. Haven't found anything it can't run yet. PCSX2 runs like a dream playing old stuff like MX2002 or MTX Mototrax.

Haven't touched my main PC in a week to play games other than CSGO. Definitely worth the $399 + $50 for 512GB micro SD card and 10-month wait lol. Going to put it through its paces by doing some development in desktop mode when I'm traveling this weekend and leave the laptop at home.

Sallyboy90
Team: Privateer

Post by Sallyboy90 »

Dude can you help with controls configuration. I can't Bind the right stick for forward or back lean. Also when I hold down on the left stick the bike keeps reseting.