CURRENT EMPLOYMENT STATUS POLL

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.

What is your employment status?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:16 pm

Currently Employed
84%
Currently Unemployed on Unemployment
4%
Unemployed and Living at Home
12%

Total votes: 50

TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

CURRENT EMPLOYMENT STATUS POLL

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Just to help anonymously explain why there's such a bad staffing shortage across so many locations and industries I created this poll....
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Re: CURRENT EMPLOYMENT STATUS POLL

Post by MOTOZ293 »

Ive worked constantly since i was 16 and im 23 now. The only time ive been off work is when i went to woodward west for 3 months and my job at the time was slow so they didnt need me (I was a glazier), covid like everyone, and then this year i had back surgery so i was off for 2 months until i was cleared to go back. I dont really understand why no one wants to work rn. The covid relief stopped and unemployment doesnt pay nearly as much. My girlfriend is having a terrible time trying to hire people for her store. Its bad rn in Ohio and everywhere
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

A lot of places found out they can do remote work so these people working at service places or entry level not matching their degree found jobs in their field. Covid also helped people who would've worked remotely find an early retirement, and I don't mean deaths but I hear a million or so opened up because of that. So now with job openings having a wider range of candidates and fewer people to source locally, the openings are fighting each other for people. For the first time in a long time the people have a choice and not just taking the first one that responds to them.

According to the last US Bureau of Labor Statistics there are 11.3 million job openings and unemployment at 3.6% with 5.9 million. I think you can quickly see by that why the math aint mathing.
https://www.bls.gov/news.release/jolts.nr0.htm
https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm
"The number of job openings decreased to 11.3 million on the last business day of May, the U.S. Bureau
of Labor Statistics reported today. Hires and total separations were little changed at 6.5 million and 6.0
million, respectively. Within separations, quits (4.3 million) and layoffs and discharges (1.4 million)
were little changed. This release includes estimates of the number and rate of job openings, hires, and
separations for the total nonfarm sector, by industry, and by establishment size class.

Job Openings

On the last business day of May, the number and rate of job openings decreased to 11.3 million
(-427,000) and 6.9 percent, respectively. The largest decreases in job openings were in professional and
business services (-325,000), durable goods manufacturing (-138,000), and nondurable goods
manufacturing (-70,000)."

"The unemployment rate was 3.6 percent for the fourth month in a row, and the number
of unemployed persons was essentially unchanged at 5.9 million in June. These measures
are little different from their values in February 2020 (3.5 percent and 5.7 million,
respectively), prior to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. (See table A-1.)"

Also, minimum wage sucks. Whats the point of going to work if the paycheck still won't cover the bill at the end of the month anyways?
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Pumaxcs wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:29 am Also, minimum wage sucks. Whats the point of going to work if the paycheck still won't cover the bill at the end of the month anyways?
So do your bills go away if you don't pay them? What's happening with these unpaid bills?
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

I just graduated w an EE degree so im looking for a job. Anyone wanna hire me?
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

jlv wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:32 am You're in short supply!
That, I am very fortunate for. Had a few interviews, including at iRacing, but no one has a spot for me at the moment. On to round 2 dream jobs...
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
TeamHavocRacing

Cool! Keep 'em comin' folks!
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

Phathry25 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:10 am
Pumaxcs wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:29 am Also, minimum wage sucks. Whats the point of going to work if the paycheck still won't cover the bill at the end of the month anyways?
So do your bills go away if you don't pay them? What's happening with these unpaid bills?
They remain unpaid but instead of working 40 hours a week to not pay them, they do something they would prefer to do and not pay them. If they are unpaid either way I don't see the difference and neither does the bank/loan.

Also, gig work is extremely popular. Just because someone doesn't take a job doesn't mean they can't make ends meet with some Uber/Lyft/OnlyFans/Etsy sort of thing.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
TeamHavocRacing

Pumaxcs wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:28 am...make ends meet with some Uber...
A whole stadium full of babies will be punched in unison. I know some folks that work only for Uber. What an illusion! Over 14 hour days for shit. I'd rather panhandle. Just get a job in the MFG sector and you can take those skills anywhere in the world for better than average pay while being an essential worker!
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Tried university for 2 years before I flunked out. Took a 1 year parctical education/internship (paid) and been working there full time for 4-5 years now.
MxRyan
Team: Muc-Off Yamaha

Post by MxRyan »

Been an Electrician for 7 years in august, started right out of high school. Was fortunate enough to stay working all through the covid times. even though essential works got nothing besides employment :lol:
m121c

Post by m121c »

Robert196 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:28 am I just graduated w an EE degree so im looking for a job. Anyone wanna hire me?
Boeing has had there struggles in the past 5 years but there is a hiring frenzy right now where I am (St. Louis defense).
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:51 pm
Pumaxcs wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:28 am...make ends meet with some Uber...
A whole stadium full of babies will be punched in unison. I know some folks that work only for Uber. What an illusion! Over 14 hour days for shit. I'd rather panhandle. Just get a job in the MFG sector and you can take those skills anywhere in the world for better than average pay while being an essential worker!
Absolutely true. It sounds fucking awful to me but I know a friend who does only Doordash/Uber. I don't think she does any of the passenger services but the food and grocery things.
m121c wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:06 am
Robert196 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:28 am I just graduated w an EE degree so im looking for a job. Anyone wanna hire me?
Boeing has had there struggles in the past 5 years but there is a hiring frenzy right now where I am (St. Louis defense).
How long were you planning to not tell me?
MXS Cares
Mr. Wiggles
Team: GSR/137 Kid

Post by Mr. Wiggles »

Aint been able to work cause of poor health and going back to college :(
Bottom feeder at LCQ Studios
Internet Nice Guy!