CURRENT EMPLOYMENT STATUS POLL

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.

What is your employment status?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:16 pm

Currently Employed
84%
Currently Unemployed on Unemployment
4%
Unemployed and Living at Home
12%

Total votes: 50

Robert196

Re: CURRENT EMPLOYMENT STATUS POLL

Post by Robert196 »

m121c wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:06 am
Robert196 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:28 am I just graduated w an EE degree so im looking for a job. Anyone wanna hire me?
Boeing has had there struggles in the past 5 years but there is a hiring frenzy right now where I am (St. Louis defense).
Thanks for the tip. Actually know a guy there
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Yep. It's real easy to be a machinist at Boeing now. It's all part of this new landscape. It's amazing there's nobody stepping up to work in a bunch of different sectors.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

Robert196 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:28 am I just graduated w an EE degree so im looking for a job. Anyone wanna hire me?
I work for Raytheon and they hire EE's almost weekly. Collins, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon, and United Technologies are all under "one umbrella" now. I don't have much pull in the EE departments, but they hire so rapidly that I don't know if it would be much problem if you applied. The whole defense industry seems to be hiring like crazy.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
m121c

Post by m121c »

Pumaxcs wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:12 am How long were you planning to not tell me?
I feel like there is some context here I’m missing. Are you in the area?

I’ve only been in the area for a year now, still new!
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I've been in STL for almost two years now, working for an air base.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
TeamHavocRacing

Do any of your companies have incentive programs and/or hiring bonuses? My company just cut their referral bonus in half from $2000 after a big push after our Covid skeleton crew situation. It's really frightening what they call "vetting" these days.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

There are more ways to make money online nowadays than ever before, I'm willing to bet a "self employed" option would get quite a few votes.
Tanner Rogers
TeamHavocRacing

No. Maybe when we have the same dilemma later. How many just here announced that they were "leaving" for pro gaming or whatever fits that gig economy just to come back. The only sucess I've witnessed was graphics company or photographer. How many from here have enough site traffic, views or sales to not work a "real" job?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:52 pm No. Maybe when we have the same dilemma later. How many just here announced that they were "leaving" for pro gaming or whatever fits that gig economy just to come back. The only sucess I've witnessed was graphics company or photographer. How many from here have enough site traffic, views or sales to not work a "real" job?
What do you think of hobby CNC? It seems like there are a lot of people making money with dinky desktop CNC routers.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing

At least two machinists I know have home shops. It's ok for large lots.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Why large lots? I'd have expected the opposite.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing

That way, the little guy can undercut a bigger shop with\way more overhead, wages etc. Especially if he's clever enough to keep production tight. Best done with a lathe and barfeeding low tolerance parts.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

I've done similar with a 3d printer. Sim rig parts can get pretty expensive, printing them and selling them to my buddies has been profitable for me and valuable to them.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
TeamHavocRacing

Yeah, 3D printed parts have introduced a lot of people to part design, but definitely not part engineering lol. Do you have any way to analyze the stresses on your parts to know where you can get away with less fill? Most of the printed parts I see are pretty shoddy looking. I would probably "waste" material by improving aesthetics.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Looks like Fusion 360 does have stress analysis.

If I had a 3d printer I'd want to try this. The parts look amazing!
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com