CURRENT EMPLOYMENT STATUS POLL

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.

What is your employment status?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:16 pm

Currently Employed
84%
Currently Unemployed on Unemployment
4%
Unemployed and Living at Home
12%

Total votes: 50

DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Re: CURRENT EMPLOYMENT STATUS POLL

Post by DBRider251 »

Yeah, Solidworks has stress analysis too. That's what I use. The main thing with 3D printing is getting the right filament for the application. Most of the stuff I print is able to be done in PLA with around 30-40% infill and it's sturdy. Some stuff I have to switch to PETG at 50% but I've only ever printed 2 things higher than 50% because I was worried about the stress it would be under.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

I was stupid to leave out the self employed option.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:21 pm I was stupid to leave out the self employed option.
I unlocked it but if you add an option it'll reset the poll. Your choice.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
m121c

Post by m121c »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:02 am Yeah, 3D printed parts have introduced a lot of people to part design, but definitely not part engineering lol. Do you have any way to analyze the stresses on your parts to know where you can get away with less fill? Most of the printed parts I see are pretty shoddy looking. I would probably "waste" material by improving aesthetics.
There are tools that will not only do the stress FEA, but they will minimize unnecessary material where possible and create a organic-like topology. Metal printing get’s even more advanced, there are tools that optimize the orientation of your print to minimize supports and warping.

Im a big believer in 3D print technology, it can do some cool things. The real challenge is on a large-scale, or safety-critical scale, the quality assurance and repeatability aspects are still not there in comparison to traditional fabrication. It’s getting there though!
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

jlv wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:09 am
TeamHavocRacing wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:21 pm I was stupid to leave out the self employed option.
I unlocked it but if you add an option it'll reset the poll. Your choice.
Thanks for that, but, I figure if you're self-employed, that falls under employed. I'm so lazy. Lucky I'm able to stay employed lol.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.