Blockchain

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Robert196

Blockchain

Post by Robert196 »

Firstly, this is not a debate thread on what blockchain is better, to promote your blockchain, or any of that. We can make a separate thread if it turns out people want to do that. (AZERO wins, btw)

I've been into the market since GME, but wasn't in on GME myself. I got super into chart technical analysis, and I think it will pay off for me some day. Possibly this crypto crash. Been on the topic of crypto for a while, never had much money in it but always knew of its potential. After doing research the past few months, I decided to get some when it crashed recently.

However, I feel like the whole making money using blockchain investing is just the beginning. There are thousands of use cases here. Automatic tax calculation (I mean you already have ur transaction history in a list), secure internet browsing, race car insurance (maybe), the list is pretty much endless at this point.

Made this thread because I know there's a lot of smart people here. Just want to see what comes up. Again, I don't want this thread to be about investing in crypto, rather a use-case discussion.
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Blockchain

Post by jlv »

To verify that someone actually owns a unit of currency, I have to process a 300 GB ledger, right? I don't think this is going to scale well.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Mr. Wiggles
Team: GSR/137 Kid

Post by Mr. Wiggles »

Robert196 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:20 pm race car insurance (maybe)
race car?
Bottom feeder at LCQ Studios
Internet Nice Guy!
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

jlv wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:33 am To verify that someone actually owns a unit of currency, I have to process a 300 GB ledger, right? I don't think this is going to scale well.
If there's one thing I learned from MXS and just being on the internet, its that file sizes have just gotten larger and larger. Seems to have hit a peak, though. We'll have to wait and see how it pans out.
Mr. Wiggles wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:57 am race car?
Just had this idea - you give me the title of your car, race car or whatever, I buy however much I evaluate ur car to be worth, put it in alternate currency and if you crash I sell it and keep the profits. 100% risk, little reward tho. Id never do it, but an idea is an idea.
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
Mr. Wiggles
Team: GSR/137 Kid

Post by Mr. Wiggles »

Robert196 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:05 pm
Mr. Wiggles wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:57 am race car?
Just had this idea - you give me the title of your car, race car or whatever, I buy however much I evaluate ur car to be worth, put it in alternate currency and if you crash I sell it and keep the profits. 100% risk, little reward tho. Id never do it, but an idea is an idea.
Yeah, my major is motorsports management... I've thought about having people by 1x1 nft for a deck lid on NASCAR then during a race it's whatever color they want. piss poor example but...
Bottom feeder at LCQ Studios
Internet Nice Guy!
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Robert196 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:05 pm
jlv wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:33 am To verify that someone actually owns a unit of currency, I have to process a 300 GB ledger, right? I don't think this is going to scale well.
If there's one thing I learned from MXS and just being on the internet, its that file sizes have just gotten larger and larger. Seems to have hit a peak, though. We'll have to wait and see how it pans out.
It's not going to peak. The ledger grows endlessly. Apparently the ~300 GB ledger contains ~1.6 billion transactions. That's a little more than one day's worth of credit card transactions. If you tried to replace credit cards with bitcoin the ledger would explode.

As a method of payment, it's very inefficient. You're never going to buy a pack of gum with bitcoin. If you want to gamble with something that has no actual value it's good for that. Just be aware of what you're doing.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

It's like a lot of other alternatives. You might be lucky big time. Usually, I see kids with dollar signs bulging out of their eye sockets throwing big chunks of savings at it. I like the way JLV simply put it. Can always count on the epic one sentence summary from him!
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.