What are your hobbies outside of MxSim???

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
bc45

What are your hobbies outside of MxSim???

Post by bc45 »

Hey guys,

Hope everyone is doing really good! Wanted to create this topic out of curiosity and interest. I know there are a good bit of people on this forum that do some really cool stuff in life aside from playing mx sim! I wanted to know a little more about what all y'all do! This could be real life mx racing, car racing (robert196 :wink: ) or any other stuff you might find that's cool!

I'll start it off..

I posted a while back (at like the end of 2019) a youtube video of me playing guitar. Currently now, I am a professional musician and I've started my own band!
Here are a couple youtube videos of us recently as well as some ways to connect with me! If y'all live anywhere around the Atlanta area, feel free to reach out and I'll let you know about upcoming gigs!

Bailey Croom Band
IG: baileycroommusic
FB: baileycroommusic

YouTube Channel: BaileyCroomMusic https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdvw_T ... uwACB6FYNQ

Cheers guys!!

BC :D
| 2nd overall in 2013 Loretta Lynn's 125 and 250 B |8th in 2014 250 West Coast Phoenix Main Event
http://roostmx.net/

Facebook @baileycroommusic

Instagram @baileycroommusic

YouTube @baileycroommusic
Team: LCQ Studios / rF

Re: What are your hobbies outside of MxSim???

Post by 137 »

I fingerboard (tech decks for those who don’t know) and just started to maintenance work on the side for friends/family.
If you enjoy what I make, donate to the cause 8) It's very much appreciated!!
bop
Team: Privateer

Post by bop »

137 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:32 pm I fingerboard (tech decks for those who don’t know) and just started to maintenance work on the side for friends/family.
what are the odds there are 2 of us.. crazy. been in the fb scene for long?
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Not much anymore really. Video games in general, even if I'm not playing much anymore. Tech in general too. Seems that I'm mostly working these days or watching series.
Team: LCQ Studios / rF

Post by 137 »

bop wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:42 pm
Haha that’s crazy, I’ve been doing it since 2003 but got into the professional scene/stuff around 2007ish, gave it up around 2010 and got rid of all my OG setups besides one and all of my ramps which I regret heavily, but I’ve been buying tech deck stuff like crazy since my son is into it, I got him his own wooden deck and he loves it!
If you enjoy what I make, donate to the cause 8) It's very much appreciated!!
bop
Team: Privateer

Post by bop »

137 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:25 pm
bop wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:42 pm
Haha that’s crazy, I’ve been doing it since 2003 but got into the professional scene/stuff around 2007ish, gave it up around 2010 and got rid of all my OG setups besides one and all of my ramps which I regret heavily, but I’ve been buying tech deck stuff like crazy since my son is into it, I got him his own wooden deck and he loves it!
Instagram seems to be where the fb community is at now, awesome to hear about your son. Never stop shredding!
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

The finger boarding stuff is pretty interesting. Had some tech deck stuff as a kid but I was trash.

Outside of the normal everyday stuff, my wife and I sail (cruise) the Great Lakes and also race sailboats. The racing gene never goes away even after the bikes are gone.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

ddmx wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:13 am Outside of the normal everyday stuff, my wife and I sail (cruise) the Great Lakes and also race sailboats. The racing gene never goes away even after the bikes are gone.
Is there a lot of strategy in that? I could see how there could be some wind stealing strategies that could come into play. OTOH maybe the sails are small enough that it wouldn't even be noticeable.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

jlv wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:40 am
ddmx wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:13 am Outside of the normal everyday stuff, my wife and I sail (cruise) the Great Lakes and also race sailboats. The racing gene never goes away even after the bikes are gone.
Is there a lot of strategy in that? I could see how there could be some wind stealing strategies that could come into play. OTOH maybe the sails are small enough that it wouldn't even be noticeable.
There's quite a lot of strategy actually. The racing rules make it such that you have to think about how you're going to overtake, block, etc, to not foul but to also keep the advantage. Even in small dinghy racing, things like stealing someone else's air by creating turbulence in the airflow across their sales are pretty important (and avoiding these situations too). Then, understanding weather, currents, water patterns, etc add a lot of complexity that really separate racers.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

*sails
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

ddmx wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:10 am There's quite a lot of strategy actually. The racing rules make it such that you have to think about how you're going to overtake, block, etc, to not foul but to also keep the advantage. Even in small dinghy racing, things like stealing someone else's air by creating turbulence in the airflow across their sales are pretty important (and avoiding these situations too). Then, understanding weather, currents, water patterns, etc add a lot of complexity that really separate racers.
It sounds like something you could make a really interesting video game about. (Not me though!)
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Check out Sailaway 2 and in progress, Sailaway 3. A simulation sailing game built on Unity. Sailaway 3 will be a game changer. There are many YouTube videos from the creator on progress. It actually reminds me quite closely to your work on MXS. A niche market but incredibly cool simulator potential.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Just had a look. That's pretty crazy how he's making the ropes work!
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
soc_monki
Team: JDR JStar Motors

Post by soc_monki »

Hanging out with my family, knives, guns, games. Starting to get back into mxsim...been playing mx bikes for a bit but, sim feels like home. Maybe bikes will get better? I mean, I can't run a clean lap on Sim right now, but I am getting back into the swing of it. Bikes just feels wrong, but it is fun...

Been a long time. I even bought the game again because my old PC is sitting and I don't feel like getting it all hooked up and booted so I can get back into Sim! I need to though. Some epic tracks on there that I can't find anymore, like Black Mesa...

Maybe I can get back to Pro level and start racing again. I see DDavis is still out there. Maybe an old fart like me can run with the youngun's still...
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

soc_monki wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:26 pm Been a long time. I even bought the game again because my old PC is sitting and I don't feel like getting it all hooked up and booted so I can get back into Sim! I need to though. Some epic tracks on there that I can't find anymore, like Black Mesa...
PureMXS repository has a lot of old bangers on it, for the people who played quite a few years ago. I'll update it with Black Mesa (link) immediately!