2023 SX Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: 2023 SX Discussion

Post by Wahlamt »

Never really been a fan of Steinke :|
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Wahlamt wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:30 pm Never really been a fan of Steinke :|
May I ask why? For "polling" reasons.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Pumaxcs wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:55 pm Well, if the boot fits
It's not a trailer! It's a modular home!
TeamHavocRacing wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:57 pm Sorry JLV! I feel like Freise or Barcia can be the villian without being so effing trashy. I went by his spot at TNMX and wanted to congratulate him and he didn't say a fucking thing! He just glared like some homeless dude about ready to swat at unseen circling bats. Sorry if he's sullied his own reputation at every possible turn in my eyes. Great example for the kids too. Just another divisive figure.
I just meant the two strokes. I agree that waiting for someone to lap you so you can punt them is BS. I'd cut him some slack on not being friendly in the pits though. It's not easy to keep a friendly face on all the time. Who knows what he's dealing with.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing

jlv wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:24 amI agree that waiting for someone to lap you so you can punt them is BS.
I forgot to mention that, by your very standard set forth here, that's a bannable offense, even without the throat punch.
jlv wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:24 am.
I'd cut him some slack on not being friendly in the pits though. It's not easy to keep a friendly face on all the time. Who knows what he's dealing with.
He had just won a bunch of money, man! I don't know what I can reconcile here. He's gonna have to cut that ratty mullet off, shave the goofball fu manchu off and start riding a modern 4-stroke. THEN, he'll need to stay on the lead lap and stay outta the way while racing clean before he can even be in Friese territory. :twisted:
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:50 pm He had just won a bunch of money, man! I don't know what I can reconcile here. He's gonna have to cut that ratty mullet off, shave the goofball fu manchu off and start riding a modern 4-stroke. THEN, he'll need to stay on the lead lap and stay outta the way while racing clean before he can even be in Friese territory. :twisted:
If he never raced on a two stroke would we know who he is now?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

Pumaxcs wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:55 pm Sexton is made out of rubber. The way his neck just bobbled around after his crash in the whoops was scary looking.
I've always wondered if other athletes do neck strength training like F1 drivers. I know a lot of football players and MX guys would benefit from the added strength to not have their head slam the dirt when they go down.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
TeamHavocRacing

jlv wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:55 am If he never raced on a two stroke would we know who he is now?
Definitely not a concern of mine. At first it was cute that he was trying to compete, not any more. Poop.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:56 pm
jlv wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:55 am If he never raced on a two stroke would we know who he is now?
Definitely not a concern of mine. At first it was cute that he was trying to compete, not any more. Poop.
Say he switches and improves by 1 sec/lap. What difference does it make? If you give him a second/lap at San Diego he would have gained 1 position in his heat and 4 in the LCQ. If you're not making the main you may as well be on an interesting bike.

The novelty 2 stroke guy probably gets more sponsors than the guy 4 positions ahead of him on a boring 4 stroke.

This is something I wonder about for Loretta Lynn's where it's 250 vs 250. I get why the elite 250 guys ride four strokes. They want to prove they can win on the equipment they'll be paid to ride. But you'd think the guys just outside the elite would ride a two stoke in the hope that the more powerful 2 stroke might get them a holeshot and some time out in front with the scouts/sponsors watching.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:49 pm
Wahlamt wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:30 pm Never really been a fan of Steinke :|
May I ask why? For "polling" reasons.
Just never been my vibe, seen like a bit of a douche to me. So kind of not my "chemistry".
TeamHavocRacing

Thank you. Just wondering what makes someone like him and why.
JConley691
Team: CG Motorsports

Post by JConley691 »

jlv wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:36 amThis is something I wonder about for Loretta Lynn's where it's 250 vs 250. I get why the elite 250 guys ride four strokes. They want to prove they can win on the equipment they'll be paid to ride. But you'd think the guys just outside the elite would ride a two stroke in the hope that the more powerful 2 stroke might get them a holeshot and some time out in front with the scouts/sponsors watching.
Christopher Blackmer did something to this effect in 2021. Ended up on a Factory GasGas deal in Canada the year after, though I'd imagine it had more to do with his 2nd place showing in the College division than the 36th 250 Pro Sport. Had some falls and bike issues in Pro Sport.

TeamHavocRacing

jlv wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:36 am If you're not making the main you may as well be on an interesting bike.

The novelty 2 stroke guy probably gets more sponsors than the guy 4 positions ahead of him on a boring 4 stroke.
Ronnie Stewart was the old guy they let roll around a couple laps down a few years ago. I never had a problem with the dude. He wasn't freaking out about things he misunderstood nor was he waiting to drill people nor throat punching them either. It's the mental illness, not the slow pace.
TeamHavocRacing

A break from arenacross to talk about the top dog yard sales taking place in Anaheim last weekend! There were mines planted everywhere, especially that bowl turn. It's great when unpredictable thing happen to mix it up without losing guys to injuries, barring the practice crashes taking out Mookie and Marvin. It was cool to see Filthy Phil lead for a bit, plus the misfortunes of Webb, Tomac etc. allowed also-rans to shine.
TeamHavocRacing

jlv wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:36 am...guys just outside the elite would ride a two stoke in the hope that the more powerful 2 stroke might get them a holeshot and some time out in front with the scouts/sponsors watching.
Been thinking of the 90s with all this 2-smoke talk. Got me really wistful about actually sane smoke artists like Guy Cooper and Larry Ward. My teammate Jammer raced minis with Larry. Jammer had a guy turn down the fins on his air-cooled RM250 and made a siphon fed, water-jacketed deal with oil-cum-water radiator(don't Google that one kids) after hearing about werks bikes trying that lol. My current years-neglected dirtbike is a 94 RM. Coincidence?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

JConley691 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:07 am
jlv wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:36 amThis is something I wonder about for Loretta Lynn's where it's 250 vs 250. I get why the elite 250 guys ride four strokes. They want to prove they can win on the equipment they'll be paid to ride. But you'd think the guys just outside the elite would ride a two stroke in the hope that the more powerful 2 stroke might get them a holeshot and some time out in front with the scouts/sponsors watching.
Christopher Blackmer did something to this effect in 2021. Ended up on a Factory GasGas deal in Canada the year after, though I'd imagine it had more to do with his 2nd place showing in the College division than the 36th 250 Pro Sport. Had some falls and bike issues in Pro Sport.
That exactly what I mean. You'd think more people would try it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com