2023 SX Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: 2023 SX Discussion

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 am Been thinking of the 90s with all this 2-smoke talk. Got me really wistful about actually sane smoke artists like Guy Cooper and Larry Ward. My teammate Jammer raced minis with Larry. Jammer had a guy turn down the fins on his air-cooled RM250 and made a siphon fed, water-jacketed deal with oil-cum-water radiator(don't Google that one kids) after hearing about werks bikes trying that lol. My current years-neglected dirtbike is a 94 RM. Coincidence?
Was the Frankenstein RM250 faster with the water cooling? I'm thinking the water cooling by itself wouldn't actually make more power but it would let you run a higher compression head for more power.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

A2 track was great, unusual but had great racing. Houston looks kind of different too, which I like.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

jlv wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:37 amWas the Frankenstein RM250 faster with the water cooling? I'm thinking the water cooling by itself wouldn't actually make more power but it would let you run a higher compression head for more power.
I'm sure it made it cooler looking, and heavier. I think he broke the frame on that one. Any of his stories need to be fact checked lol.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
TeamHavocRacing

Fantastic night of crazy finishes and upsets! Webb answered his critics and so did Deegan.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Looks like the Hills had a decent night.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing

Josh is getting a bit more pissed and pushing through. Justin appears to be punching above Tedders weight. Based on history.
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:56 am Josh is getting a bit more pissed and pushing through. Justin appears to be punching above Tedders weight. Based on history.
Sounds like Justin really wanted 13 place on Saturday night.
TeamHavocRacing

Hey Phat! His dad insists there still is some speed in him to be tapped. Thought of you last night when running MXB at Knoxville. How ya been?
TeamHavocRacing

I sure like the way this season is shaping up! Good, unpredictable results keeping the points battle interesting.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

I think Tomac's 7 Daytona wins is a record that will stand for a long time. Crazy to watch him dominate that track like he has over the years
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
TeamHavocRacing

He'll put himself into 2nd on the wins list, barring a biblical lightning strike. Then he can totally chill. His streak of OMG riding right up to the double shoulder crash will rank second only to Bubba and all of his moments for me. I'm still very impressed with Justin's Hill's ability to punch above Tedder's weight as top ten guy and Josh is really improving his results and look by the end of the race.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I think ET could have gone for the 24-0 that year because he was so far ahead of anyone else his fitness and speed just weren't in anyone else's wheelhouse that year.

Good on Kenny for the dub. You can see how much it meant to him and the team and that is always awesome to see.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

That was a great night! I liked Thrashers podium interview, straight up owning that 96 was faster, takes a good guy to admit it. Both Hill's in the top half, cool to see. Kenny winning, Barcia riding extremely good. Lots of good vibes from this weekend.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

As someone who had picked Sexton to win tonight... man, shit AP that hurt me. Then seeing his emotions on the side of the track. I think I wanted that more than he did.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

Pumaxcs wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:29 am As someone who had picked Sexton to win tonight... man, shit AP that hurt me. Then seeing his emotions on the side of the track. I think I wanted that more than he did.
I think everyone wanted him to win. There's not an AP hater on this Earth
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault