2023 SX Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: 2023 SX Discussion

Post by Wahlamt »

Wasn't rooting for Webb to win either, but that just sucked. Battle was really good and I just wanted it to come down to the wire. Big up to Webb for retweeting AC's tweet saying there is nothing he could've done to avoid it. Hated to see Barcia go down too. Let's hope Anderson can bang a win out at least before this is over.
Jrife548
Team: looking 4 gamer team

Post by Jrife548 »

Welp
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

How absolutely random that was. It was also gnarly how he was just in the middle of a normal section with his foot maybe half an inch or less farther back on the footpeg. The timing is what was so cosmic. Luckily it wasn't a huge triple! Mount Rushmore has crumbled! Sexton looked so stricken and bewildered. We all were.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Is there a good replay somewhere? I couldn't tell where it happened.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

jlv wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:50 am Is there a good replay somewhere? I couldn't tell where it happened.
All the replays don't have the greatest angles but it was in transition from the triple-over the table to the next jump. Here's a pic where you really can see his foot hyperextend.

TeamHavocRacing

jlv wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:50 am Is there a good replay somewhere? I couldn't tell where it happened.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

This really sucks. Was such a good battle, guess this means no more Tomac, if he was already on the fence about getting out before. Also Star's post didn't make it sound like he'd come back.

Kenny to go 3 years in WSX, that's dope.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Thanks for the clips. Can't believe that's where it happened. Maybe a bit nose high but he didn't even overjump it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Wow.

Thats all.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
TeamHavocRacing

The broadcast team were already basically (without saying it) saying their farewells. We sat there for a while just in a stunned silence.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

Part of me feels like he's going to try to find somewhere that will let him do SX only. As much as I love to see him outdoors, he has a real shot at McGrath's record
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

DBRider251 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:19 pm Part of me feels like he's going to try to find somewhere that will let him do SX only. As much as I love to see him outdoors, he has a real shot at McGrath's record
He does have a real shot, but if he averages 6 wins/year, he'll need to be around for 3 more years and start his 4th. He has 20 wins to go? Think farewell is in the books.
TeamHavocRacing

Wahlamt wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 4:09 am Think farewell is in the books.
Even PulpMX is already saying curtains for Eli. I think Eli is a tough, determined customer and want that record. He could very well come back to an SX only deal and grind out a few wins and end on a better note.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Achilles is a major injury. I don't think it's going to happen.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:48 pm
Wahlamt wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 4:09 am Think farewell is in the books.
I think Eli is a tough, determined customer and want that record. He could very well come back to an SX only deal and grind out a few wins and end on a better note.
Really? Think he seemed rather indifferent on the all time wins list. Also the unwillingness to go beast mode this year signals to me that he's over it kind of.