Looking back, SX by the numbers

Organize races and post results here
barrington314
Team: me

Re: Looking back, SX by the numbers

Post by barrington314 »

ShackAttack12 wrote:
Ddavis wrote:I don't think you win 2 consecutive championships on MX Simulator from having no free time :wink:
You know what, you are sort of right about that, so I'll agree with you even though you are trying to troll. To be consistently fast in this game, you need to practice often.

The 2010 Season was pretty easy. It was the first ever supercross season, main events only had 10 riders, and I was one of the few guys that had supercross figured out. As far as outside of MXS, I had just graduated college and had basically 6 months of free time outside of working.

The 2011 Season had more competition, 20 man heats and mains, and outside of work, i had a lot of free time.

The 2012 season, competition was crazy, 450's brought a whole new level to the game, and i had very little free time to spend practicing. Most often i would download the track Wednesday night and run a few laps, and then on Thursdays i would have only have basically 2 hours of practice before the racing started.
all the more reason to vote for the limited practice to race schedule. :wink:
Moon427

Post by Moon427 »

barrington314 wrote:all the more reason to vote for the limited practice to race schedule. :wink:
i think that is highly impossible, theres no way you could control how much everyone practices. its a free country, AND you'd get a bunch of guys that would lie and say they only practiced for lets say an hour, but really spent all night moto after moto on the track. MAYBE on "Planet MX Simulator" that could be possible, but not on this hell hole we call Earth.
but i guess theres sarcasm in that, thats why theres a " :wink: " am i right?
2012 MXS Shootout - C Class - 3rd
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

You could just release the track just before the event to limit practice time. But I'm only a dumb Earth person, so my idea might be flawed.
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

Phathry25 wrote:You could just release the track just before the event to limit practice time. But I'm only a dumb Earth person, so my idea might be flawed.
oh man. Literally made me LOL!
Moon427

Post by Moon427 »

i thought thats why it was released on monday night and not weeks before the race?
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

ShackAttack12 wrote:
Ddavis wrote:I don't think you win 2 consecutive championships on MX Simulator from having no free time :wink:
You know what, you are sort of right about that, so I'll agree with you even though you are trying to troll. To be consistently fast in this game, you need to practice often.

The 2010 Season was pretty easy. It was the first ever supercross season, main events only had 10 riders, and I was one of the few guys that had supercross figured out. As far as outside of MXS, I had just graduated college and had basically 6 months of free time outside of working.

The 2011 Season had more competition, 20 man heats and mains, and outside of work, i had a lot of free time.

The 2012 season, competition was crazy, 450's brought a whole new level to the game, and i had very little free time to spend practicing. Most often i would download the track Wednesday night and run a few laps, and then on Thursdays i would have only have basically 2 hours of practice before the racing started.
Also, my post wasn't a jab at you to try and be funny. I was just saying that a lot of us have a lot of free time to do different things, I choose to whip up interesting stats about a video game. We all have our hobbies :lol:
Moon427

Post by Moon427 »

i mean, i know that the nats were different because of limited time to make them. BUT i know that the sx track layouts are released months before sx season starts, so JLV makes them and releases them on mondays so people can practice and lap times can be put in. and so far AX series is doing the same. I mean if you release the track day of thats a little extreme, some people do have school and real jobs to attend and that makes it hard to practice on race day.
WHAT IF... rF only records the lap times made in 02 for certain hours of the day, not just whenever. maybe lap times can be made between 5 pm and 7 pm on Wednesday, and any other times before or after that would not be accepted? yeah it would cause the server to crowd up but they could always spit it between lites and big bikes... idk, its just an idea and im glad im not the one having to make the rules, so thanks to everyone at rF

ANYWAYS..... great post Davis, thanks for taking the time to make it
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

EVERYONE

Please take note of Moon's team, and how smart he comes across.

That is all.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

My only recommendation for Supercross is add pre-erode on the tracks a little bit on some of the tracks like Seattle, add some ruts in the turns and jumps. Everything else in Supercross is fine. I think trying to aim for a specific time frame would be a good addition, I know Vurb Moto has an option on their home page where it automatically has a time set to make something public, maybe figure out how to add that to the RF home page and just make sure the download is in there and ready to roll. I used to have admin rights on there before I uploaded a video with Wes Williams permission and Bulmer deleted it, took credit for it, and took away my admin rights :roll:
Moon427

Post by Moon427 »

typical, i stump you so you use the excuse that i smoke weed. your just as bad as a police officer... or Obama.
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

Stumped me? Where?

You're so far out in left field there is no reason to even comment on your "suggestions"
Moon427

Post by Moon427 »

you dont even know where left field is, or even what grass is, but im sure you know alot about how many gigohertz are in my quad core processor with the 8 gigs of ram and the fps that is way to slow for proper game play. point is im sure ive seen alot more action than you get with that computer you sit on all day. If i spent as much hours as you have on this game, or on a pc in general, i would have NO LIFE.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Nothing can beat that. Especially to Mark.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

Moon427 wrote: MAYBE on "Planet MX Simulator" that could be possible, but not on this hell hole we call Earth.
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

I an slightly concerned for my privacy after reading moons post. He sure knows a lot about my day to day life. He nailed it!