For number registration use VRL

Organize races and post results here
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

For number registration use VRL

Post by jlv »

Ignore this thread. VRL's MX Sim page no longer has this feature.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Netdemon01
Team: Privateer

Re: For number registration use VRL

Post by Netdemon01 »

Is your plan to have the results.txt file be automatically sent to that website after races?

"This game will always be about pushing it right to the edge without going over .... to keep up with the top riders you will still have to be right on the edge of control." - jlv
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Yes, but with a slightly different format than results.txt and the site the results go to will be up to the server admin.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Netdemon01

Post by Netdemon01 »

Sounds awesome :mrgreen: Keeping track of stats is always fun and interesting. That was one of my favorite parts of Live For Speed, with "lfsworld" keeping track of nearly every stat you could think of, including mileage, laps, amount of gas used, wins, podiums, hotlaps, world records, ect.

"This game will always be about pushing it right to the edge without going over .... to keep up with the top riders you will still have to be right on the edge of control." - jlv
jbob23

Post by jbob23 »

ya there could be all kind of cool stats that could be kept track of. like in the older mx unleashed. it kept track of number of clutches, preloads, crashes, laps led, passes, times passed, stuff like that. i always enjoyed looking at those after every race.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Oh lord I was about to lose it when it said #130 was taken, then I realized that I was already signed up.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

jlv wrote:Yes, but with a slightly different format than results.txt and the site the results go to will be up to the server admin.
do you have a plan to prevent people from using others' numbers and the results being posted? Say i use #130(entirely hypothetically) and do poorly to try to make Puma's stats go down, will you be able to combat this?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

There is a unique ID in the registration key that will be used to identify the player. So if someone uses your number the stats site will be able to tell you apart by your key ID.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

o alright, sweet man
markm32

Post by markm32 »

How about this, I am registered here for #32. On the new site someone that I personally have never heard of has taken #32. Is there anything to do about that or do I just have to find a new number?
lluks252

Post by lluks252 »

nice, I like this, but somebody has already taken my #...#252...how can they use this...Joe Sawler hasn't made that your official # for MXS :lol: :lol: ...but seriously, my name is lluks252, I don't want to use a different #, is there anything we can do about this??
Turbine951

Post by Turbine951 »

lluks252 wrote:nice, I like this, but somebody has already taken my #...#252...how can they use this...
Dude its yourself that already has 252 on the website. :shock:
adhkcrfhonda

Post by adhkcrfhonda »

is this for the 19802 server that you have to have that code or for all of them?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

19802 is the only server checking keys now.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
markm32

Post by markm32 »

Sorry to ask again but I got no reply. Is there anyway to put a security, so to speak, on our numbers? I've used #32 from everything from football to motocross since I was 6 years old and am not interested in getting a new number. My life history is interesting , I know, but is that possible at all?