2014 rF MotoOption Supercross presented by Fly Racing

Organize races and post results here
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Team: Tegridy Farms

Re: 2014 rF MotoOption Supercross presented by Fly Racing

Post by KaseoDip »

I remember it close to 2,000 give or take a few.
Juan357

Post by Juan357 »

crashreallyfast wrote:
reu53d wrote:
Atom6246 wrote:Image
Nothen wrong with practicing, you just dont want to throw a fast lap not on qualifying
Maybe thats why u guys never connect on server to pratice... what about just keep praticing offline all the time?
Track Comp 2010 Champion!
Burke318
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by Burke318 »

Atom6246 wrote:Image
Now I understand the new rf rule. smh
i like how he was talking shit on ryeley, but he goes and does the same thing... lmao
tacomcdolphin

Post by tacomcdolphin »

who gives a shit how many laps they run, leave it be
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Getting into the A1 spirit just an hour before hand. First ride on the track so I thought I'd give my critiques. First time on the track, had watched the live stream of practices so I saw how it should ride and a few line ideas, 20 minute moto on whatever suspension I was running at the time on 2013 RMZ450.

Score - Category
12 - Fun Factor
Fun was there for me. Kept me entertained all 20 minutes even though the first 5 was me relearning the game and doing my best Alessi impression in SX. Doubles everywhere rolling the whoops. This did give me a great time to check out the visuals but I'll go on about that later. I really like the lanes, lines played out just how they should have and scale for speed felt right. The steepness wasn't there though and forced you into lines and kept me low. Even though the lines were fun it didn't really feel like I had the sense of accomplishment of finding a fun rhythm like I would on other tracks. I do like the attempt to keep quads out of the race and some of the 3ft singles at the beginning and end of the lanes felt just perfect but the tables and larger 5ft singles just felt out of sync. The berms I'll have to agree with others and even though the time I did it them right most of the time it felt like I was hitting a turn that was meant for an outdoors track. The angle and bowl shape felt and looked right but it starts so later in the turn and then the bowl itself can't really hold more than one bike at a time meaning that even an attempt at a clean pass will end bad for someone. Making the turn a foot or two taller and bring the curve down so the slope covers more of the corner I think will help so much. The whoops killed me everytime except once when I Kyle Partidge'd the whole thing and felt like a true hero. I'm referencing the ones before the finish just so we're clear, the decision to dig them in I can't really place my finger on. Was there some playtest involved that skipping flat over them rode better than hopping onto a whoop pad like the actual tracks build up or to help show shadows maybe? I agree whoops should be hard and I like the spacing but I can't help but thinking the suspension acts just a tiny bit differently to the dug in whoops than it would to normal whoops. This could be whats throwing everyone off as I haven't seen any complaints about the second set and I noticed the were built up. Highlight reel is that finish line, for the love of everything good just use the copy paste tool and send me a half mile of just that jump. After my moto was over I Nascar'd that shit and just did another 5 minute moto on that jump. Triples too, scrubbing them, seatbouncing, everything about that lip and landing was just so perfect. Overall the template needs work and I understand you are trying to find the line between fun, racing, and realism so I consider this a great base.

8 - Environment
Jay, as usual, killed the looks of this track. However I am also having the 30-second-frame-skip. I have an i7 and 780, if I'm catching it I am almost positive everyone else is. Also sky-up.png must have been missed as its just a black square. There is also shadows which I think plays hand in hand with some of the jump steepness but just a thought, have you guys thought of an overlay decal for shading? I don't mean a giant x1024 with the entire tracks worth of shadow but just a couple of different sized, low-opacity, rectangles used on the jump faces that should be just a little darker. A larger, single decal may be more efficient depending on that idea pans out I'm not sure because I've never done anything like it or with it. Looks like the dug in whoops may have done something similar or because its dug in the game read the shadows differently for it, once again to look into it to hard as I'm cutting close on A1 gate drop. Overall the track is visually stunning other than a few details that I'm sure can be ironed out by the halfway point but with such silly mistakes that could have been fixed pretty easy before release I can't give the 9 or 10 this deserves.

10 - Creativity and realism (0-10)
Watching the practice before I rode this really did sell this as easily the closest track to real we have had yet. Even with a Frankensteined track map you guys were able to produce something that rode so close to what I watched its incredible. Things I noted some of the B group guys were doing and watching the A group guys it slightly different applied directly to me and I couldn't have been happier with the way i was playing and experiencing the track. The few things I mentioned in fun factor almost didn't matter just because of how much fun I was having doing the exact same lines that I watched and knowing that our premiere racing series was becoming on par with the sport we love so much was fantastic. This euphoria may wear off on me by Round 2 so there may be a different review by then. :lol:

Comments to the creator(s):
You are a group of creators that are leading the rest of us through and we all know it. I also know that you have had enough stupid people review your content too quick or negatively without reason and hopefully you won't take the stupid few as a mass opinion. I appreciate everything you as a group have done for this game and series and even though a few don't see the progression now hopefully soon they will. If this helps I will try and continue to make one of these week in and week out and hopefully others will join me because "track sucks and so do you" doesn't progress anything and these guys didn't work hard on a track just for your entitlement of "deserving" something. They are good creators because people shared with them critiques in a sensible way, if you want something changed come at them with an idea or a reason why you didn't like it because that is what really helps. Once again thanks for the hard work guys and hopefully I'll see you this time next week.

30/35 - Total points
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

Puma for the win. Great post.
I think different style whoops and berms will be experimented with.
Jay

Post by Jay »

they sky up was a fail when exporting the sky from my template... forgot to un hide my selection layer :roll:

Jump shadows I will do them in shading x2 and shadows next week and that will have no added lag.

the .seq file causing the problem is just a dumb move on my part however I have been told by JLV and wheels how to fix for next week.

Thanks for the review Puma
HondaRider746
Team: Motosport.com

Post by HondaRider746 »

barrington314 wrote:I think different style whoops and berms will be experimented with.
I personally like the whoops besides the inconsistency, if they were more consistent people wouldn't complain. Overall though the track is pretty easy, I almost like how hard the whoops are because if they had been easy the track would have been extremely simple, I would like to see you guys make the tracks more technical but that's just an opinion. The only other thing I don't like is the dirt color, I was really hoping you guys would use a more realistic dirt color, not saying that it isn't realistic, but all the watered Cali dirt that I have ridden is a darker brown, not a light brown dry track color. Besides that great job guys, I love the stadium
I throw whips.
dmack111

Post by dmack111 »

I thought the track is good but the whoops before the finish are way to spread apart. That's my only complaint.
XBL:DJMackRacer315
R.I.P. Kurt Caselli #66
Scotty226
Team: Crisp Graphics

Post by Scotty226 »

I really like the whoops, they are tough but the very last one always catches me out :/
0 | 1 | 0 | 4
2014 Loretta Lynns 250 Pro Sport 2nd
Yamahaman95
Team: Jesus

Post by Yamahaman95 »

no one likes technical tracks except for the fast people, everyone else will blame the track maker for their lack of skill.
Tiller Crocker wrote:Look at those handlebar guards
damon99
Team: MXSG

Post by damon99 »

Jay wrote:they sky up was a fail when exporting the sky from my template... forgot to un hide my selection layer :roll:

Jump shadows I will do them in shading x2 and shadows next week and that will have no added lag.

the .seq file causing the problem is just a dumb move on my part however I have been told by JLV and wheels how to fix for next week.

Thanks for the review Puma
motox161

Post by motox161 »

The only reason why the whoops "suck" is because it's the main spot on the track where you lose multiple seconds off of your lap time unless you happen to have that magical whoop friendly setup, or you just get lucky.
Gourley #13
ryanmx25

Post by ryanmx25 »

Yamahaman95 wrote:no one likes technical tracks except for the fast people, everyone else will blame the track maker for their lack of skill.
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

I think the berms would be way sicker if they went around more of the turn. I know that track creators don't want to make the berms any bigger because it would allow for quads and quins into the rhythms, so I think a good solution would be to make them go around more of the turn to make them more like real life. I like the rest of the track for the most part. The triples are pretty awesome. I like the size and the shape of the face, even though I seem to endo if I try to scrub really low, but that's probably me. :lol: The whoops are pretty sketch. Not my favorite, but I think they'll be alright.