Lets talk erode?

Organize races and post results here
Liddzor
Team: Mitas Racing

Lets talk erode?

Post by Liddzor »

Question

How can we simulat the roughness in SIM? Atm we are not even close to the IRL races.

Do you have a idea to fix this?, comment please.

Me, Mozart and Jacob Holgersson tryde a really cool thing that is possible to do in my opinion.
1. After Moto 1 250, the host saving down the track with the erode.
2. Upload only the (i think it was) tileinfo and tilemap. (file is like 300kb big)
3. Then in 5min brake the 450 boys downloading the new small file.
4. When everyone is downloading the track, the host just adding the new track and restarting the server if they have to.
5. Add it to sim and join, a process that takes like maximum 2 min for a slow internet person.

It is going to make the erode more smooth and in the last 450 moto its going to be crazy, cool rough like IRL.

What do you think? Let me know

Sorry for my sick english lol
Fabio Guido
Team: Hitcase

Re: Lets talk erode?

Post by Fabio Guido »

why not, if the erode value is calculate every races... it can be good
Almoench
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by Almoench »

if i understoof it right the only thing u have to do is replace the tileinfo and tilemap in the track folder then rgith? If its that easy, it would be worth a try IMO.
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

It's definitely something we've been talking about doing for the last 2 years, but logistically it doesn't really make sense right now.

However, if JLV gets this going, I could definitely see it as something we would do.
jlv wrote:Probably going to do something like have autodownload but only for rF and EMF tracks.
Liddzor

Post by Liddzor »

Jeremy150 wrote:It's definitely something we've been talking about doing for the last 2 years, but logistically it doesn't really make sense right now.

However, if JLV gets this going, I could definitely see it as something we would do.
jlv wrote:Probably going to do something like have autodownload but only for rF and EMF tracks.
Is it like to hard for lads to understand what to do you think?
Its still 5min brake and shit and humans are not that dumb right? Thanks for taking time and reading this shit
Liddzor

Post by Liddzor »

Fabio Guido wrote:why not, if the erode value is calculate every races... it can be good
<3
Liddzor

Post by Liddzor »

Almoench wrote:if i understoof it right the only thing u have to do is replace the tileinfo and tilemap in the track folder then rgith? If its that easy, it would be worth a try IMO.
Its crazy izi and super small file to download. thanks for responding
Bradclay306

Post by Bradclay306 »

That's how erode should have been implemented IMO, the only issue being User error, as people can't even download the track from the forum without having issues. so if JLV was to implement the auto DL that would solve a lot of Headache.

The erode would form a lot better with this method, the only issue would be the .hf scaling being too large (which there is nothing we can do) with only having 2k terrain, for erode to form like irl in ruts with rough etc there are not enough poly's in a terrain.png to create a realistic non choppy terrain.
Liddzor

Post by Liddzor »

Bradclay306 wrote:That's how erode should have been implemented IMO, the only issue being User error, as people can't even download the track from the forum without having issues. so if JLV was to implement the auto DL that would solve a lot of Headache.

The erode would form a lot better with this method, the only issue would be the .hf scaling being too large (which there is nothing we can do) with only having 2k terrain, for erode to form like irl in ruts with rough etc there are not enough poly's in a terrain.png to create a realistic non choppy terrain.
Yes i understand that its going to little hard for them to get what they should do, but it feels like it so damn easy. But you guys are pro on hosting and i guess you know what the people can and cant do haha.

Ye the erode is going to be sick, and the choppynes is not a prob with me, im just telling me that its small bumps in the ruts like they are IRL, and when it is like that IRL you cant push all moto long.
I loved the 2019 rough version tracks, it feels like they are closer to the IRL roughness then this year tho.
Still love the 2020 but its to smooth atm, doing Hotlaps on last lap is kinda boring.
Look at the times IRL, dropping laptimes by 3-5 sec lol
ColtonD719

Post by ColtonD719 »

Ha, those ruts at lorretta's were gnarly! I would love to see erode transfer from one moto to the next, as roughness could build up realistically over the course of several races, as opposed to going from smooth to full rough in 30min. I would think it's actually terrain.png that you would need to save and re-download if doing it manually.

One thing I've been wondering: If you turn on erode in single player, do a race, then start another race on the same track, by default the erode carries over to your next race. So the game is saving the erode somehow between races, unless you do /forcereload. However, on multiplayer it essentially /forcereloads every race. If the erode is synced up for everyone throughout the race, why can't the next race just pick up where the erode left off like it does in single player?
Liddzor

Post by Liddzor »

ColtonD719 wrote:Ha, those ruts at lorretta's were gnarly! I would love to see erode transfer from one moto to the next, as roughness could build up realistically over the course of several races, as opposed to going from smooth to full rough in 30min. I would think it's actually terrain.png that you would need to save and re-download if doing it manually.

One thing I've been wondering: If you turn on erode in single player, do a race, then start another race on the same track, by default the erode carries over to your next race. So the game is saving the erode somehow between races, unless you do /forcereload. However, on multiplayer it essentially /forcereloads every race. If the erode is synced up for everyone throughout the race, why can't the next race just pick up where the erode left off like it does in single player?
Yes, if they can fix that its going to be super close to IRL roghness and its going to feel like a real event. I wish we can fix this and make it work for 2021.
That is going to take the erode to the next level i guess.

I dont know why it does that, i guess that is what Jeremy are talking about with the auto download thing.
But we tryde the save track and upload the tileinfo and something else, it worked smooth and it dident effect like if you hade low or high version, it worked flawless every restart with like 10ppl when we tryde it.
And thats working like when you are playing erode offline.
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

ColtonD719 wrote:One thing I've been wondering: If you turn on erode in single player, do a race, then start another race on the same track, by default the erode carries over to your next race. So the game is saving the erode somehow between races, unless you do /forcereload. However, on multiplayer it essentially /forcereloads every race. If the erode is synced up for everyone throughout the race, why can't the next race just pick up where the erode left off like it does in single player?
I believe it's due to the server currently not being able to overwrite the track files in real time.
blissy wissy
Team: Braxton Worldwide

Post by blissy wissy »

oh boy cant wait for spencer to hopefully come in here....
that guy that does things
Liddzor

Post by Liddzor »

blissy wissy wrote:oh boy cant wait for spencer to hopefully come in here....
Haha i wish xD
coletonzeller539

Post by coletonzeller539 »

Did you save out the end result? im sure everyone would love to try it and give our opinion on it!

if this was put in place, erode would be next level!