2021 rF SX Breakdown

Organize races and post results here
Ddavis

2021 rF SX Breakdown

Post by Ddavis »

What's up sim community, decided to whip this up real quick tonight. Happy new year!!! <3

I think it's fair to kick this off with defending 250 East Supercross Champion, Colby Egeland. Colby won three races last year and won the championship in a nail-biter against Isaiah Dickerson. In 2021, I believe Bryce Whealon will be Egeland's biggest competition. Whealon raced the 450 class in 2020 and only captured one podium, but historically has been one of the fastest 250 riders. It will be interesting to see who steps up with the absence of former champions Braden Carter and Isaiah Dickerson. With that being said, newly crowned 250 Motocross Champion Payson Johnson should be a contender despite being a rookie... I mean he was a rookie during the nationals and managed to win a championship under similar circumstances of being a rookie this year. If Payson races the West coast, his biggest competition should be 250 West runner-up, Daniel Mills, who won two races in 2020.

Every year, the big question is who is next? I believe Luke Sullivan is that guy this year. "Sully" put in an impressive rookie season capturing a podium and taking 3rd overall in a stacked coast. has been shredding during the off season and should be that next guy to consistently be on the podium and battle for main event wins.

I consider a dark horse someone that nobody is really talking about, but I wouldn't be surprised if he left the opening round with the red plate and a lot of people shaking their heads wondering why they didn't see it coming. My first dark horse for the 2021 season is Jakob Hubbard. Hubbard has been around for a while, but perhaps he doesn't get the recognition he deserves and I think that's due to his inconsistency. Three podiums last year, but six main events outside the top 10 is what prevents him from being listed as a favorite. My best dark horse is Dominic Tibberino. Yes, "Fro". Every year, Tibberino is off the radar of everyone in the sim community and sure enough he'll be in the mix for the championship and hold the red plate at some point. I'm under the assumption that Tibberino will be lining up at some point this season, but his quiet presence is what makes him a sneaky play as a dark horse for this years season, especially with so many new faces lining up this year.

Here's a speed run of some names to look out for this year. Tanner Rogers only raced four main events last year, but went 6-6-11-4 which makes him an underdog, despite being a former winner in the class. Zoa Cross only finished in the top 10 twice last year and will be looking forward to a much-improved season. Luke Magnetti was perhaps the breakthrough rider of the year during the outdoor season and should be a regular top 10 threat (if he indeed races the 250 class, rumor has it he's racing 450 full-time). Kevin Gonzalez was on fire to kick off the 2020 season with 4-6 finishes, but dropped off a cliff after that. Dylan Copeland was one of the surprises last year and held the red plate at some point, mainly due to his five top 5 finishes. Tyran Tomich found himself in the top 10 four times last year and should expect similar results this year. Ivan Medina finished on the podium once with four additional top 10s, making him another name to keep an eye on in 2021. Riley Hughan will also be another guy looking to make a mark this season after capping off his season last year with a 4th place finish.

Quick picks: Payson Johnson wins the 250 West Championship in dominating fashion and Colby Egeland successfully defends his title on the East coast despite pressure from multiple riders through the season, but his consistency prevails.

I guess we can call the favorites in the 450 class the "Big 5". Jeremi Seabolt will be defending his first premier class title, but where's his motivation at? Only time will tell... Speaking of champions, former champion Jack Haley was unable to capture a victory in his title defense last year, but perhaps without the pressure of the #1 on his back he'll be able to return to the form that saw him win the title two years ago. Check out this stat, Colton Mitchell finished 6th or better in 15/17 main events last year. However, a DNQ and DNF is what caused "Wog" to come up short on winning the championship last year. Is he motivated, or did he let everything out of the tank last year? Once again, only time will tell! Alexis Leclair returned to his absolutely dominant fashion during the nationals and should continue that into SX. As a former champion in the class, Leclair should be Seabolt's biggest competition to steal the crown. Finally we have Walter Gebhardt. Walman proved to everyone last year he is without a doubt one of the fastest dudes on the game, but consistency and staying out of trouble is to his detriment. Walman was on top of the box five times last year, but also had five 16th or worse finishes which kept him out of title contention. If he eliminates the blow up rounds, we can have a five rider battle for the title this year.

It pains me to write this category, but these two guys might be the most interesting additions to the 450 class in 2021. Braden Carter dominated the 250 West Championship last year and will be looking to continue that momentum into the 450 class, but has a backup plan to drop down to the 250 class to defend his championship if things aren't going his way. Braden has already shown the ability to battle with these guys on the big bike and should have no problem making his mark, but will he have to wait to solidify himself as a legit title contender in the premier class? Isaiah Dickerson is another name with similar expectations, but with a year removed of his championship and coming into the season without momentum. Dickerson has vocally expressed lack of motivation at this stage of his sim career, but perhaps switching to the 450 class full-time could be the motivation he needs to be a contender against the best in the world, or will his season crumble to pieces before it even begins? These are questions that will quickly be answered in the upcoming weeks.

We all know those guys that show up every year in the 450 class and manage to stay consistent in the most competitive class on MX Simulator. This list of riders include Jeremy Smith, Atom Holm, Ashe Deering, Jeremy Cohenour, Tyler Lang, Chase Blakely, and more! Watch for these guys to snag some heat race wins throughout the year and contend for top 5s week-in-week-out.

glhf
Ddavis

Re: 2021 rF SX Breakdown

Post by Ddavis »

I figured I'd find some grammatical errors in there, my bad I'm tired.
Ddavis wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:31 am
He has been shredding***

My next dark horse is Dominic Tibberino
Logeyboy
Team: Galaxy

Post by Logeyboy »

Great read ddavis
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I forgot to make my quick picks for the 450 class, damn I'm slacking! I'm going to assume that everyone is putting in the time and preparing for the 2021 season with intentions of racing all 17 rounds. Under those assumptions, I'm going to take Jack Haley. I don't think Seabolt is going to have that drive to battle for a championship like he had prior to last season, Mitchell and Walman won't find themselves out of trouble and Haley's consistency will be too much to handle for everyone. It's hard to bet against Leclair, but something tells me it's going to be another off year for Leclair (in before 17-0 french annihilation)
BcMxKx37

Post by BcMxKx37 »

Sick read, but I didn’t see the part about ddavis dominating 250s
Luke Sullivan
Team: Nami

Post by Luke Sullivan »

Sick ddavis i gotta get results now no playing around
JettWisdom

Post by JettWisdom »

Luke Sullivan wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:31 pm Sick ddavis i gotta get results now no playing around
you got this!
SethShirley44
Team: Chick fil a

Post by SethShirley44 »

Super sick! Another suggestion after reading this is maybe doing weekly recaps. It's just a suggestion and something I think would be cool!
Seabolt19

Post by Seabolt19 »

im gonna try forsure but i dont know how good im gonna be on a ps5 controller after using a xbox 360 controller my whole time playing sim
InfernalKerr77
Team: Jack Daniel's Racing

Post by InfernalKerr77 »

Seabolt19 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:34 pm im gonna try forsure but i dont know how good im gonna be on a ps5 controller after using a xbox 360 controller my whole time playing sim
jack haley > jeremi seabolt
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

SethShirley44 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:07 pm Super sick! Another suggestion after reading this is maybe doing weekly recaps. It's just a suggestion and something I think would be cool!
I just simply don't have the time to do weekly recaps. I hope Guido is still around to do the weekly recap videos, those were sick!
BcMxKx37

Post by BcMxKx37 »

if you stay up until 4 again devin I’m sure you will have time
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

BcMxKx37 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:24 pm if you stay up until 4 again devin I’m sure you will have time
I'll be working errryday so unlikely.
SethShirley44
Team: Chick fil a

Post by SethShirley44 »

Ddavis wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:59 pm
SethShirley44 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:07 pm Super sick! Another suggestion after reading this is maybe doing weekly recaps. It's just a suggestion and something I think would be cool!
I just simply don't have the time to do weekly recaps. I hope Guido is still around to do the weekly recap videos, those were sick!
Yea like I said it's just a suggestion, and I understand the not having time deal. Guido's vids were definitely sick tho
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

Nice post! Looking forward to actually racing this season