Implement Crash Limit in rF

Organize races and post results here
Snopro704

Implement Crash Limit in rF

Post by Snopro704 »

I feel this needs to be said because the younger generation in the rF scene is really struggling with something. I understand it's important to go balls to the wall in qualifying, but at 8:30 cst qualifying ends and racing begins.

In a race the goal is to complete every lap relatively fast but ultimately to not fall down, especially in a heat race or LCQ where room for error is minimal. Unlike qualifying, falling will likely end your race and it could affect others as well. As someone who has never qualified within the top 10, I can assure you that you can make any main event you enter with decent pace if you just stay on the bike and don't ride like a buffoon and go for every aggressive pass possible. Crazy concept? I know.

I'm aware some people can't shift from heater to conservative mode, but for heavens sake let's try and not wad ourselves every lap. 90% of my crashes this season have been unforced errors and it wasn't like that 7 years ago. These are not sprints, this is the pro class and it's currently like walking on eggshells trying to not get KO'd. If you don't know how to stay up you're probably not ready for this class yet even if you have the speed, and right now watching the pro streams is a joke just seeing people crash 20 feet out of the gate, leaders wadding multiple times, etc. I've had many main events where I don't crash a single time (SO INCREDIBLY FUN), and I'm really struggling to figure out how people enjoy racing these series when nobody can stay up. Now, it's important to offer a solution and not just complain...

Could you imagine a full heat race where nobody crashed? Maybe it's unrealistic, but I think we need to implement a crash limit in each race before you get booted. If this is a simulator we need to force guys to dial it back a bit, cause there are no consequences for people riding over their heads. What if after 2-3 crashes in a heat race you are "to injured to continue"? I just don't think anybody respects what racing in the pro class should feel like anymore and we need to change something to stop this out of control chaos. Until then our "Pro" racing is more like MX Crashulator...
Flower Power - Am I an OG yet? :lol:
Raiders1629

Re: Implement Crash Limit in rF

Post by Raiders1629 »

There's absolutely no way anyone thinks this is a good idea besides you, and the dumbest part about this idea is the part where you put "What if after 2-3 crashes in a heat race you are "to injured to continue"?"

Crashing is just apart of the game, always has been, always will be. If you're tired of people cleaning you out maybe just let them by if they're faster because they're probably just going to go down in the next section.
Kevin Ferzacca | National Numbers: #61 ('17) - #32 ('18) - #52 ('19) - #59 ('21) - Somehow Won EU 250 PRO Foxborough #WUNNA1
Snopro704

Post by Snopro704 »

It’s a great idea if you truly want this to be a simulator. If you don’t like the idea you’re just admitting you aren’t capable of running a clean race... honestly I think it’s all the first person guys who make it impossible to have a race where everyone stays up. I just think it would be interesting to see everyone either back it down or take the risk. In what real life race can you go down 5-10 times??? You honestly think the top pros aren’t capable of dialing it back a bit so they don’t go legs off? Give me a break lol change is always met with fire but there’s no incentive in the game right now for people to not ride over their heads and cause issues for others. It’s a great idea but change is hard (especially if you wad yourself 24/7)
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

The funny thing is in the 250 class this year you can crash 4-5x in a heat and still make the main because everyone else is crashing 4-5x :lol:
Luke.
Team: BPC

Post by Luke. »

I can see how it would be nice if fewer people crashed but it wouldn't work in sim. Most of the 450 guys only fall because of weird things that happen in sim like front end lock or your bike spazzing out in a choppy section or clipping a tuff block or track marker. The game is too inconsistent with erode and how everything works for this to work well. And also you can't really compare sim to real life in this subject since it really only takes someone a couple years to be at a pro level in this game vs in real life these guys have been riding for 15 to 20 years. If everyone played sim for 15 years I'm sure people would barely fall. Another thing is in real life if you get sketchy these pros can manhandle the bike around and change their body's position to not fall and dab their legs in corners if they are falling etc, in sim you are stuck and can't do anything most of the time. Also what happens if you get taken out multiple times? it's very very easy to get in a pile up or 2 on the start and then get a dumb legs cause you barely cased a rhythm and then your race is over? would the game be able to tell the difference between clipping a tuff block and going legs and killing yourself in a rhythm? This is not a good idea and imo the only way to fix this issue is if everyone turned it down a bit and didn't fall, not forcing someone to sit out the race because the game thinks they fell too many times, and then they get to race again the next week
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

The "server,knockout" command is there for this. I don't think it'd be a good idea to test it on the main series but it'd definitely be interesting to see how it changed things.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

There's too many "out of your control" crashes on this game to make this fair. You have guys getting cross jumped and punted with 5 legs off in a race, meanwhile there's those guys who crash every lap in the whoops by themselves and both would receive equal penalties for a legs off.
Raiders1629

Post by Raiders1629 »

Ddavis wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:30 am There's too many "out of your control" crashes on this game to make this fair.
Exactly
Kevin Ferzacca | National Numbers: #61 ('17) - #32 ('18) - #52 ('19) - #59 ('21) - Somehow Won EU 250 PRO Foxborough #WUNNA1
Craig

Post by Craig »

would be pretty classic seeing some people spending more time on the ground then riding in a main event tho
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Craig wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:06 am would be pretty classic seeing some people spending more time on the ground then riding in a main event tho
we already do :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dycen194nwt
Team: Vibe

Post by dycen194nwt »

jlv wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:49 am The "server,knockout" command is there for this. I don't think it'd be a good idea to test it on the main series but it'd definitely be interesting to see how it changed things.
Isn't this only changing the speed Joe gets back on the bike? It doesnt remove you from the race, nor clear your rider off track until ghost activates?
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I'm sure jlv could figure out a way to implement a server, kick UID feature directly into the knockout feature if you crash a certain number of times.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

dycen194nwt wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:39 pm
jlv wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:49 am The "server,knockout" command is there for this. I don't think it'd be a good idea to test it on the main series but it'd definitely be interesting to see how it changed things.
Isn't this only changing the speed Joe gets back on the bike? It doesnt remove you from the race, nor clear your rider off track until ghost activates?
That's correct.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Snopro704

Post by Snopro704 »

Ddavis wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:30 am There's too many "out of your control" crashes on this game to make this fair. You have guys getting cross jumped and punted with 5 legs off in a race, meanwhile there's those guys who crash every lap in the whoops by themselves and both would receive equal penalties for a legs off.
Just logged on here after months away and saw JLV thinks it's a good idea so I figure I should bump this.. it's so funny that you reference "guys getting cross jumped and punted", because those are the exact type of crashes we're trying to prevent. Everyone will be focused on staying up the first lap rather than riding like out of control maniacs, so you get less unforced errors in the end, and the guys who are crashing just on their own will back it down a bit. Overall you get better racing and less crashes (similar to real life, which is the goal right?)

Again, any hot lap hero who doesn't support this AT LEAST being tested in an offseason series just thinks they aren't consistent enough to do good, and rely on the truly consistent guys being taken out by people not worried about crashing. No other way to spin it.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Snopro704 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:04 pm
Ddavis wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:30 am There's too many "out of your control" crashes on this game to make this fair. You have guys getting cross jumped and punted with 5 legs off in a race, meanwhile there's those guys who crash every lap in the whoops by themselves and both would receive equal penalties for a legs off.
Just logged on here after months away and saw JLV thinks it's a good idea so I figure I should bump this.. it's so funny that you reference "guys getting cross jumped and punted", because those are the exact type of crashes we're trying to prevent. Everyone will be focused on staying up the first lap rather than riding like out of control maniacs, so you get less unforced errors in the end, and the guys who are crashing just on their own will back it down a bit. Overall you get better racing and less crashes (similar to real life, which is the goal right?)

Again, any hot lap hero who doesn't support this AT LEAST being tested in an offseason series just thinks they aren't consistent enough to do good, and rely on the truly consistent guys being taken out by people not worried about crashing. No other way to spin it.
Every time I slide out on the first lap of a race I get hit from behind by 10 different riders, not sure if a knockout system would limit these bonehead decisions by kids.