Re: Implement Crash Limit in rF

Post by Donut MX »

rj hampshire punching the air rn
neilfitzy12
Team: RNR Productions

Post by neilfitzy12 »

Snopro704 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:04 pm
Ddavis wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:30 am There's too many "out of your control" crashes on this game to make this fair. You have guys getting cross jumped and punted with 5 legs off in a race, meanwhile there's those guys who crash every lap in the whoops by themselves and both would receive equal penalties for a legs off.
Just logged on here after months away and saw JLV thinks it's a good idea so I figure I should bump this.. it's so funny that you reference "guys getting cross jumped and punted", because those are the exact type of crashes we're trying to prevent. Everyone will be focused on staying up the first lap rather than riding like out of control maniacs, so you get less unforced errors in the end, and the guys who are crashing just on their own will back it down a bit. Overall you get better racing and less crashes (similar to real life, which is the goal right?)

Again, any hot lap hero who doesn't support this AT LEAST being tested in an offseason series just thinks they aren't consistent enough to do good, and rely on the truly consistent guys being taken out by people not worried about crashing. No other way to spin it.
RF will die if this ever becomes a reality. Erode got implemented and there is a struggle to fill the gates on race nights. What world does a crash limit encourage people to want a race when half of the crashes are out of anyone's control.
Snopro704

Post by Snopro704 »

Ddavis wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:47 pm
Ddavis wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:30 am There's too many "out of your control" crashes on this game to make this fair. You have guys getting cross jumped and punted with 5 legs off in a race, meanwhile there's those guys who crash every lap in the whoops by themselves and both would receive equal penalties for a legs off.
Just logged on here after months away and saw JLV thinks it's a good idea so I figure I should bump this.. it's so funny that you reference "guys getting cross jumped and punted", because those are the exact type of crashes we're trying to prevent. Everyone will be focused on staying up the first lap rather than riding like out of control maniacs, so you get less unforced errors in the end, and the guys who are crashing just on their own will back it down a bit. Overall you get better racing and less crashes (similar to real life, which is the goal right?)

Again, any hot lap hero who doesn't support this AT LEAST being tested in an offseason series just thinks they aren't consistent enough to do good, and rely on the truly consistent guys being taken out by people not worried about crashing. No other way to spin it.
Every time I slide out on the first lap of a race I get hit from behind by 10 different riders, not sure if a knockout system would limit these bonehead decisions by kids.
It certainly might lol but that problem is due to first person. If there was no first person option in this game people would actually have the awareness to avoid 90% of avoidable passes and they would let off the gas when getting block passed. 3rd person only and knockout system and you have yourself some AWESOME clean and consistent racing. The truth is hard to take sometimes but I’m 100% on point.
Flower Power - Am I an OG yet? :lol:
Snopro704

Post by Snopro704 »

**avoidable crashes
dp26
Team: Impact

Post by dp26 »

Snopro704 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:53 pm
Ddavis wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:47 pm

Every time I slide out on the first lap of a race I get hit from behind by 10 different riders, not sure if a knockout system would limit these bonehead decisions by kids.
It certainly might lol but that problem is due to first person. If there was no first person option in this game people would actually have the awareness to avoid 90% of avoidable passes and they would let off the gas when getting block passed. 3rd person only and knockout system and you have yourself some AWESOME clean and consistent racing. The truth is hard to take sometimes but I’m 100% on point.
Don't you think it's contradictory to say that this idea would make racing more realistic ( because irl you don't crash as much ) with saying first person ridding should be banned? in that case it should be the oposite.
Snopro704

Post by Snopro704 »

dp26 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:18 pm Don't you think it's contradictory to say that this idea would make racing more realistic ( because irl you don't crash as much ) with saying first person ridding should be banned? in that case it should be the oposite.
In real life you can turn your head and see the guy coming to block pass you, so you check up. You can do this in 3rd person, but most 1st person riders will keep going and cause both to crash cause they can't anticipate it. Nobody's neck is fixed looking straight forward irl.

If anything you could have some sort of highlight or indication whether someone is playing 1st or 3rd, cause you have to race each person differently. If I had time in my life I would love to make a video breaking down examples of scenarios where someone can't avoid a crash or causes a wreck because they are clearly limited to their field of view.

You can enjoy playing in first person and also recognize it hurts the game overall, it's okay! :D