THE OFFICIAL MXS SX SERIES: 2022 rF Supercross (Pro and Amateur) (NA)

Organize races and post results here
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Re: THE OFFICIAL MXS SX SERIES: 2022 rF Supercross (Pro and Amateur) (NA)

Post by checkerz »

Jrife548 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:00 am Will rF actually respond with any sort of logic to this complaint or will they ignore it as usual?
I haven't been part of the rF team in years; however, I was around when the rule was created. It was created because there were riders in the top 3 in the 450 championship dropping down to hopefully sandbag a 250 regional title. The goal of rF was always to create a level of racing where each rider is competitive and the elite players race the elite series... 450 SX. Clearly you are an elite player if you are near the top of the series after more than a handful of rounds.

I'm not saying the rule is right or wrong or that 15th place is the magic number; however, that is why the rule was created and the thinking behind it.

While there isn't a rule in place IRL that if you're top 15 in points when East starts you can't drop down, there is a rule the top 15 in points from the previous year's 450 class may not drop down without petitioning the AMA (Chisholm has done it in the past and Friese did for this season for example).
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

Just curious how racefactory enforces the novice rules? Just blown away the top riders are qualifying with faster laps than people that have been playing the game for years. My little brother just started playing the game a few months ago and I thought he was progressing pretty well but his time is 4 seconds off from getting him in. Just seems fishy how good the times are.
clw1115934
Team: DABS

Post by clw1115934 »

AHeckman2 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:53 pm Just curious how racefactory enforces the novice rules? Just blown away the top riders are qualifying with faster laps than people that have been playing the game for years. My little brother just started playing the game a few months ago and I thought he was progressing pretty well but his time is 4 seconds off from getting him in. Just seems fishy how good the times are.
I've said this every year that I've been trying to qualify (in ams cause novice didn't exist 5 years ago). The excuse is "they have 5 days to qualify so faster times than pros totally makes sense" and "You should be grateful rf even does Am events." Your brother's and my only hope is to wait until later in the season when enough people get banned or ragequit so there isn't a full gate.

Since I don't believe in complaining without offering a solution; make Novice/Ams follow the same 1 hour qualifying that pros use. That way it'll be harder for everyone keysharing to get a good lap time, make keysharers easier to catch, and discourage people from punting and ruining laps in the quali servers once they have a fast time.
Gucci#9473
SergeantNate
Team: Privateer

Post by SergeantNate »

clw1115934 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:59 pm
AHeckman2 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:53 pm Just curious how racefactory enforces the novice rules? Just blown away the top riders are qualifying with faster laps than people that have been playing the game for years. My little brother just started playing the game a few months ago and I thought he was progressing pretty well but his time is 4 seconds off from getting him in. Just seems fishy how good the times are.
I've said this every year that I've been trying to qualify (in ams cause novice didn't exist 5 years ago). The excuse is "they have 5 days to qualify so faster times than pros totally makes sense" and "You should be grateful rf even does Am events." Your brother's and my only hope is to wait until later in the season when enough people get banned or ragequit so there isn't a full gate.

Since I don't believe in complaining without offering a solution; make Novice/Ams follow the same 1 hour qualifying that pros use. That way it'll be harder for everyone keysharing to get a good lap time, make keysharers easier to catch, and discourage people from punting and ruining laps in the quali servers once they have a fast time.
It would be cool to one hour qually but the fast pepole would still run those times as they can play the track in singleplayer and just join a server and run there fast lap in 2 sessions. So 1hour qually wouldn't help it would actually make it harder for the less skilled riders in ams and novice to make the night show.
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

Sooooo we racing tonight orrrrr?
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Track isn't out, sign ups aren't up, protests aren't out.. but Jeremy said sign ups will open before the race. Who knows when that'll be.
brapaj751
Team: FCR Suspension

Post by brapaj751 »

i qualified and it wont let me in 01 it just says contacting server???