Guide for Making teams

Organize races and post results here
MiNi

Guide for Making teams

Post by MiNi »

Since there are a bunch of teams that have been created on here, most of them don't last very long. The very longest that most new teams last are a couple of weeks. Sometimes even days. I will be honest I know that it is cool to start a team and have everyone wearing the same gear and bikes as everyone, but there needs to be a guide for members to read so they can create a successful team. Yes there are some teams out there which have been around for a long time (illab, Giles, Aggressive graphix, etc.) Those teams are around because they have a clean and professional format. If someone could just make a guide, then we would have less 2 day teams!
Phathry25 wrote:Don't try to apply logic to anything mini says. That's where you went wrong.
KTM57 wrote:Total keyboard warrior.
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Re: Guide for Making teams

Post by Sweendoggy »

Good thought, but it wouldn't change anything. No one would follow it or ready it most likely.
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

Sweendoggy wrote:Good thought, but it wouldn't change anything. No one would follow it or ready it most likely.
I think you should have some requirements for teams entering the series'. Say the teams must have rosters and skins ready by a certain date. They will not be able to submit any new stuff until the next racing season/year(your choice), and each rider must use the team bike/gear skin in order to be counted for points.

Just make some criteria and it will at least help decrease the stupid team creation for your racing series'.
mx4life

Post by mx4life »

Team must be around for atleast 3 weeks before series starts?
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

A lot depends on the members that you recruit. Some leaders are impatient and just say yes to everybody without knowing them first.
While the key to a solid team is patience.
Be patient to look around on server, make contacts and see who's fun and see who is a pain in the ass.

There are many good riders in the world, but of those good riders are there who switch teams like they switch of underpants, I can call name's but everyone know's who :).
So, my add to the guide

Art. 1.0.0
Be Patient!!!
It's not becouse someone is fast that it is a teamplayer. Some dude's can be nice in your face but can screw your whole team up. They start fights and ppl starts to leave. Then at the end of the story when everybody left is that guy leaving to so you're the only guy in the team anymore.

Art. 2.0.0
Straight to the point!!!
Be straight to the point at the beginning. So if ppl don't like your "rules" they don't join the team. Otherwise they will start complaining and then it ends up in a fight (once again...)

Art. 3.0.0
Skins are just for show!!!
Skins aren't priorety's. It's not becouse ppl are riding with same gears and bike's and name's that it is a team. No! A team are ppl who like eachother, they chat with eachother and invite there teammate's to a server to g00n online. And if you've got a microphone is it fun to start talking on x-fire, ventrilo, teamspeak... But not to much, otherwise you'll get sick of eachothers voice's :lol:.
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

wheels1758 wrote:
Sweendoggy wrote:Good thought, but it wouldn't change anything. No one would follow it or ready it most likely.
I think you should have some requirements for teams entering the series'. Say the teams must have rosters and skins ready by a certain date. They will not be able to submit any new stuff until the next racing season/year(your choice), and each rider must use the team bike/gear skin in order to be counted for points.

Just make some criteria and it will at least help decrease the stupid team creation for your racing series'.
I like that idea. I used to make people use the bike/gear but then gave up after some people asked if they could just use gear...

I will talk with you about it for sure when I'm getting ready to start up next years Championships :D
MiNi

Post by MiNi »

Thanks Scheeve for the tutorial. Might include that in a team making guide. :)
Phathry25 wrote:Don't try to apply logic to anything mini says. That's where you went wrong.
KTM57 wrote:Total keyboard warrior.
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

An other article.
Don't start a team when you don't know anybody of the community.
At least have 1friend who wan't to join your team. Becouse starting a team on your own and recruiting like hell to have some members will end up in a total failure.
MX196
Team: Privateer

Post by MX196 »

Thank you scheeve. Very well said.
bhamb28

Post by bhamb28 »

maby they should have a contract that u cant quit intill the end of the season??
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

And what as penalty if they break the contract?
A one week ban?
bhamb28

Post by bhamb28 »

mmmm thats a good1..... yea maby a week band or a team season band would work!!!! so they couldnt join a nother team for a season or 2....