***MODELS and SKINS HELP/QUESTION THREAD***

Post about creating and skinning models here
p2sta

Re: ***MODELS and SKINS HELP/QUESTION THREAD***

Post by p2sta »

select vertices of the whole guard and add them to torso vertex group, that way it will be controlled with the torso bone, as it should be....

for materials, the only thing you can change about them is reflections...add new material to the model, set it to be reflective (and how much) then assign it to the parts you want to be reflective...
also if you are planing on using some transparent parts with some reflections, they should have material named with some latter which is further in alphabet then the default materials name as the first letter. (for example material for the whole body will be named Default, then the one for transparent objects should be named Transparency (warning its Case Sensitive) (that way mxs will render them in the right order and you will see what should be seen behind the transparent part)). Hope it helps at least a bit
Sandhapper
Team: MotoRAD

Post by Sandhapper »

Thanks, it helps for sure.

About the armature, I assigned the UFO and the Brace to the torso, but it's still a bit messed.

In game it's even more f*ckedup.

After I moved some objects in the edit mode, I was able to get most of it fit fine. Even tho the 2 parts from the brace (I guess) are still not right... And I can't get them to fit.
2013 EMF outdoors 2nd place overall
2013 MxSCentral outdoors 2nd place overall
2012 EMF outdoors 2nd overall
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall
2011 SMA outdoors champion

p2sta

Post by p2sta »

Check if the foam parts of the brace are not in upper arms vertex groups as well, it may be the reason, why they are this moved....and i think it will be easier to use the released model with already working brace and just add the ufo protector.
Sandhapper
Team: MotoRAD

Post by Sandhapper »

Thanks for the help! :)
2013 EMF outdoors 2nd place overall
2013 MxSCentral outdoors 2nd place overall
2012 EMF outdoors 2nd overall
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall
2011 SMA outdoors champion

FALETTI480
Team: | POGO |

Post by FALETTI480 »

i wanted to add a gopro to the shoei model and searched around and got the basics down. everything looked fine but then as you can see i failed. not to blender smart... any suggestions?

p2sta

Post by p2sta »

if you are exporting jms from older blender in blender 2.6 or higher you need to apply rotation and scale to them first, then export it
FALETTI480
Team: | POGO |

Post by FALETTI480 »

i'll mess with it whenever i get off work.... is there anything i have to do with any png files or can i still use the same ones i've been using?
Ohagan75
Team: Prime Design GFX

Post by Ohagan75 »

You have to add the UV from the gopro somewhere on the UV of the shoei
Donate if you like My Creations
BrutalMX

Post by BrutalMX »

Can someone help me out with how to move armature around on the rider model for a render?
Austin Mulhern | Motopixels REV
Image[/a]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/paprod]YouTube Channel

p2sta wrote:since your name is CRF450R you should not worry about kawasaki :lol:
p2sta

Post by p2sta »

select the armature and go to pose mode, then you can rotate the bones (don't move, just rotate)
WellsMX524
Team: Aspect Visual Co.

Post by WellsMX524 »

FALETTI480 wrote:i wanted to add a gopro to the shoei model and searched around and got the basics down. everything looked fine but then as you can see i failed. not to blender smart... any suggestions?

not to dig up weird shit, but that looks like something straight out of silent hill.

Like a pyramid head.
prelton23

Post by prelton23 »

How do I use a specific model for my bike for example I want to run Attackers RMZ2012 model with a skin. But honestly I have looked all over the forums and I cannot see anything how to do it, if someone could help me one to one, that would be greatly appreciated, as I'm sure it wouldn't take much time of someones with more knowledge than I.

I've looked for hours on end at solutions and people say about renaming things and I don't have a clue where these files are, I've literally bunged everything into my personal folder including the 2012 RMZ by attacker and I still don't see a RMZ250 in the list, probably cause its not ment to be though.

Anyway if someone could help me would be appreciated.

PS - If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. Use your common sense and see I'm new to this game as I've signed up to the forums a few days ago.
MR_Motocross851
Team: Privater

Post by MR_Motocross851 »

Has there been a KTM 2013 125sx 250f and 250sx Template released?
I have searched everywhere and can't seem to find it, But if there isn't I will just wait :)
Appreciate your support.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Are mip-maps for bike and rider skins used when model texture detail is at 9 or 10? I'm assuming they would use more texture memory since they are higher resolution yes?
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Kording
Team: Privateer

Post by Kording »

prelton23 wrote:How do I use a specific model for my bike for example I want to run Attackers RMZ2012 model with a skin. But honestly I have looked all over the forums and I cannot see anything how to do it, if someone could help me one to one, that would be greatly appreciated, as I'm sure it wouldn't take much time of someones with more knowledge than I.

I've looked for hours on end at solutions and people say about renaming things and I don't have a clue where these files are, I've literally bunged everything into my personal folder including the 2012 RMZ by attacker and I still don't see a RMZ250 in the list, probably cause its not ment to be though.

Anyway if someone could help me would be appreciated.

PS - If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. Use your common sense and see I'm new to this game as I've signed up to the forums a few days ago.
Have you looked through this topic ? http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1862
Tennis, Basketball and Baseball all requires one ball
Motocross requires two!