I named my files as the following:
crf250v2018_fork_lower-Ryan.jm
crf250v2018_fork_upper-Ryan.jm
crf250v2018_frame-Ryan.jm
crf250v2018_swingarm-Ryan.jm
crf250v2018-Ryan-HondaT_norm.png
crf250v2018-Ryan-HondaT_spec.png
crf250v2018-Ryan-HondaT.png

I used saf creater to turn these files into a saf and then put it in my mx sim folder. The skin will show under the crf2018 however when playing it shows as the stock crf2018 (not the graphic I photoshopped). I tried renaming the file without the 'v2018' and the skin would show up on the crf2009 although I had the same problem of not seeing my graphic but just the stock graphic. I tried using a few other jm's and had the same problem. Does anyone know how to fix this. thx
blissy wissy
Team: Braxton Worldwide

Re: ***MODELS and SKINS HELP/QUESTION THREAD***

Post by blissy wissy »

hey! for the specular and normal map just name it crf250v2018-Ryan_norm and crf250v2018-Ryan_spec and you should be ok
that guy that does things
beans319
Team: Privateer

Post by beans319 »

blissy wissy wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:21 pm hey! for the specular and normal map just name it crf250v2018-Ryan_norm and crf250v2018-Ryan_spec and you should be ok
Thx, I tried that and still had the same problem. It's probably something wrong with my photoshop because I use an old ass photoshop
Yakusen

Post by Yakusen »

Hey guys, i need help to properly place my number and my name on my gear i saw a lot of skins but mines are not clean because a half of time the name and the numbers are too small, i someone can teach me how to make this clean 🥺
zunoX

Post by zunoX »

Hello, can anyone help me, im totally new in blender, i just want to open the file:

https://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic ... 25&t=54712

and connect it with psd file, so the bike will be looking same as on the preview images.

thanks for the reply
bidfta125

Post by bidfta125 »

Is there someone here I could pay to make some .stl or obj files of tech 10 boots, fmf 4.1 can, and some other parts?
94Clxckz
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 94Clxckz »

so i maade a bike (my first bike) but its super glossy? i want it to matte, is there any fix?

Chance

Post by Chance »

did you export the bike in blender v2.79
TourneyEarnie

Post by TourneyEarnie »

So I'm new to sim and making skins. When I loaded my skin in this is how it showed. I guess I have the wrong rider model? Can someone point me in the right direction?
I have the 2019 Thor MX Gear.saf file. The files I created are:
rider_body-2019 Thor Jaws Mint
rider_body-2019 Thor Jaws Mint_norm
rider_body-2019 Thor Jaws Mint_spec
Worldeater

Post by Worldeater »

TourneyEarnie wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:49 am So I'm new to sim and making skins. When I loaded my skin in this is how it showed. I guess I have the wrong rider model? Can someone point me in the right direction?
If you're trying to make skins without having the .jm file, it will not work in game. While the .saf file will contain the .jms for the rider model, they will not be useable for skins that are outside of the .saf file. In other words, the game will not pull the rider model files from a .saf for skins which are outside the saf.

Hope this helps.
TourneyEarnie

Post by TourneyEarnie »

Worldeater wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:58 am
TourneyEarnie wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:49 am So I'm new to sim and making skins. When I loaded my skin in this is how it showed. I guess I have the wrong rider model? Can someone point me in the right direction?
If you're trying to make skins without having the .jm file, it will not work in game. While the .saf file will contain the .jms for the rider model, they will not be useable for skins that are outside of the .saf file. In other words, the game will not pull the rider model files from a .saf for skins which are outside the saf.

Hope this helps.
This definitely helps. So in theory I would just need the .jms file to make it work? Where would I even look to locate one? I wish there was a good walkthrough for this stuff, as it seem like a lot of fun.
Worldeater

Post by Worldeater »

This definitely helps. So in theory I would just need the .jms file to make it work? Where would I even look to locate one? I wish there was a good walkthrough for this stuff, as it seem like a lot of fun.
Typically, the rider model is associated with whatever boots you use. So for example, purchasing the Alpinestars Tech 10's from Eyezaya would give you that rider model file. You'd just need to add the boots to the gear on your own, which isn't hard to do.
TourneyEarnie

Post by TourneyEarnie »

Worldeater wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:03 pm
Typically, the rider model is associated with whatever boots you use. So for example, purchasing the Alpinestars Tech 10's from Eyezaya would give you that rider model file. You'd just need to add the boots to the gear on your own, which isn't hard to do.
So I need to pay for a boot set... for the rider model? Is that all thats stopping me?
Worldeater

Post by Worldeater »

TourneyEarnie wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:45 am
Worldeater wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:03 pm
So I need to pay for a boot set... for the rider model? Is that all thats stopping me?
yes