Export Script for Blender 2.80

Post about creating and skinning models here
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Export Script for Blender 2.80

Post by jlv »

crotty103 wrote: i unchecked use nodes but im confused on how to " use "metallic" to set the environment mapping alpha, "specular" to set the specular intensity, and "roughness" to set the specular exponent." sorry kinda new to this thanks for the help
You're probably looking at the "world" tab. You want the "material" tab. Add a material if you haven't already.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I've updated the script to skip over bones with "Deform" unchecked. This is so you can do more advanced rigs without exporting unnecessary bones. The version number for the updated script is 0.5.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Freddy694

Post by Freddy694 »

jlv wrote:
crotty103 wrote: i unchecked use nodes but im confused on how to " use "metallic" to set the environment mapping alpha, "specular" to set the specular intensity, and "roughness" to set the specular exponent." sorry kinda new to this thanks for the help
You're probably looking at the "world" tab. You want the "material" tab. Add a material if you haven't already.
I just noticed that you have to be in eevee render mode to get those metallic etc options, if you are in cycles you only get to choose the color!
It was like this for me at least.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Freddy694 wrote:I just noticed that you have to be in eevee render mode to get those metallic etc options, if you are in cycles you only get to choose the color!
It was like this for me at least.
Good point! I updated the first post to reflect that.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Freddy694

Post by Freddy694 »

jlv wrote: Good point! I updated the first post to reflect that.
I find it to be really easy to get the spec/roughness settings really overpowered so at least for me i found a max of like 0.3-0.4 and everything over that is just making the bike explode in reflections, would there be a possible way to maybe make the sliders not as touchy so maybe 1 is a lower value and the 0-1 range is more detailed?
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

Freddy694 wrote:I find it to be really easy to get the spec/roughness settings really overpowered so at least for me i found a max of like 0.3-0.4 and everything over that is just making the bike explode in reflections, would there be a possible way to maybe make the sliders not as touchy so maybe 1 is a lower value and the 0-1 range is more detailed?
Why not just use a spec map?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Freddy694 wrote:
I find it to be really easy to get the spec/roughness settings really overpowered so at least for me i found a max of like 0.3-0.4 and everything over that is just making the bike explode in reflections, would there be a possible way to maybe make the sliders not as touchy so maybe 1 is a lower value and the 0-1 range is more detailed?
Actually, I had a bug in the spec settings in the script. I just uploaded an update. It's the same url. Should show up as version 0.6 if you have the updated version installed.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

jlv wrote:
Freddy694 wrote:
Actually, I had a bug in the spec settings in the script. I just uploaded an update. It's the same url. Should show up as version 0.6 if you have the updated version installed.
One more update. Version 0.7 now.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Freddy694

Post by Freddy694 »

aeffertz wrote: Why not just use a spec map?
You still use the spec map its just that the "spec" settings is how much the spec from ps will reflect ingame in the new export script, you cant just make it and export it anymore with the new engine so you have to set reflection and spec settings in blender.
Freddy694

Post by Freddy694 »

jlv wrote: One more update. Version 0.7 now.
It does work a little better but you still need to keep the exponent/roughness slider under the 0.5 mark for it not to act like a lightsource cus the reflections get so bright. right now i found that the specular settings works good but the roughness needs to be like 0.2-0.35 depending on the material for it not to shine like crazy!
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Freddy694 wrote:
jlv wrote: One more update. Version 0.7 now.
It does work a little better but you still need to keep the exponent/roughness slider under the 0.5 mark for it not to act like a lightsource cus the reflections get so bright. right now i found that the specular settings works good but the roughness needs to be like 0.2-0.35 depending on the material for it not to shine like crazy!
Turn down specular to make it less bright. Use roughness to adjust how focused it is.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
SW884
Team: Privateer

Post by SW884 »

PLEASE ADD THIS FOR BLENDER 3.3.1
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF U COULD THANKS!
Chance
Team: Privateer

Post by Chance »

SW884 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:03 am PLEASE ADD THIS FOR BLENDER 3.3.1
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF U COULD THANKS!
just do everything you need to do in whatever version and export in 2.79, thats what everyone does
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Did they break the export scripts again? I don't understand why they have to continuously change the mesh API.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
philipp_e21
Team: FastAppleGraphics

Post by philipp_e21 »

its not working for me anymore :/ when I try to activate the script in 2.79, there is always traceback report error