Export Script for Blender 2.80

Post about creating and skinning models here
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Export Script for Blender 2.80

Post by jlv »

https://mxsimulator.com/scripts/jm_export_280.py

1. Download via Right click, Save link as.
2. In Blender, open Edit / Preferences.
3. Go to Addons and click "Install...".
4. Find "jm_export_280.py" and click "Install Add-on from File...".
5. Find "Import-Export: Export MX Simulator Model" in the list and check it to enable the add on.

This is a little different from the previous script for material settings since the blender internal renderer has been removed in 2.80. For this version, select "eevee" as your render engine in the render tab, unselect "use nodes" in the material panel and then use "metallic" to set the environment mapping alpha, "specular" to set the specular intensity, and "roughness" to set the specular exponent. The specular settings are only used when there is no specular map.
Last edited by jlv on Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: eevee renderer required to get the export settings to show
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Re: Export Script for Blender 2.80

Post by Jeremy150 »

Thanks! :D
Itz Raidox
Team: Westeffex.com

Post by Itz Raidox »

thank you sir!
Smidly wrote:
Jeremy150 wrote:ARLINGTON PASSWORD
e/9v8ta/%ar{dV':/.>qhyT
really bro this is the best password you could come up with? smh bro
motomaniak
Team: ART

Post by motomaniak »

Awesome, thanks a lot!
Tim Aarntzen | ART/MFG
motomaniak
Team: ART

Post by motomaniak »

All my exports turn out black like UVs aren't working or something. I've tried changing material settings but nothing seems to work.
Tim Aarntzen | ART/MFG
Motolife_99
Team: KMR

Post by Motolife_99 »

this is what happens when i export models.. no textures and materials don't work either, i've tried making new materials alongside using ones from 2.79

jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Looks like they changed how texture coords are stored and it didn't cause an error because I had it in a try block. I'll have it fixed shortly.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

The texture coords should be fixed now. I didn't rename the script so you can re-download from the same link. The script version will be 0.4. If it says 0.3 you still have the old version.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
crotty103
Team: Privateer

Post by crotty103 »

jlv wrote:The texture coords should be fixed now. I didn't rename the script so you can re-download from the same link. The script version will be 0.4. If it says 0.3 you still have the old version.
having trouble getting this to work?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

crotty103 wrote:
jlv wrote:The texture coords should be fixed now. I didn't rename the script so you can re-download from the same link. The script version will be 0.4. If it says 0.3 you still have the old version.
What specifically?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
crotty103

Post by crotty103 »

jlv wrote:
crotty103 wrote:
What specifically?
i can export the jms and get them in game but everything is really shiny and some things are so bad it looks white its so shiny idk what im doing wrong
sethypeety
Team: SpitFire Aprilia

Post by sethypeety »

crotty103 wrote:
jlv wrote:
crotty103 wrote: having trouble getting this to work?
What specifically?
i can export the jms and get them in game but everything is really shiny and some things are so bad it looks white its so shiny idk what im doing wrong
What skins are you using on the model? do you have Normal and Spec maps for them? the issue most likely isn't the model.
AtlasZoor
Team: Atlas Trackworks

Post by AtlasZoor »

crotty103 wrote: i can export the jms and get them in game but everything is really shiny and some things are so bad it looks white its so shiny idk what im doing wrong
You need to uncheck use nodes when you export the model. This is what JLV said to do in the original post. Follow his steps and it will fix it.
jlv wrote:This is a little different from the previous script for material settings since the blender internal renderer has been removed in 2.80. For this version, unselect "use nodes" in the material panel and then use "metallic" to set the environment mapping alpha, "specular" to set the specular intensity, and "roughness" to set the specular exponent. The specular settings are only used when there is no specular map.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

crotty103 wrote: i can export the jms and get them in game but everything is really shiny and some things are so bad it looks white its so shiny idk what im doing wrong
Too much specular. Read Atlas's post and then turn down your specular setting.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
crotty103

Post by crotty103 »

AtlasZoor wrote:
You need to uncheck use nodes when you export the model. This is what JLV said to do in the original post. Follow his steps and it will fix it.
jlv wrote:This is a little different from the previous script for material settings since the blender internal renderer has been removed in 2.80. For this version, unselect "use nodes" in the material panel and then use "metallic" to set the environment mapping alpha, "specular" to set the specular intensity, and "roughness" to set the specular exponent. The specular settings are only used when there is no specular map.
i unchecked use nodes but im confused on how to " use "metallic" to set the environment mapping alpha, "specular" to set the specular intensity, and "roughness" to set the specular exponent." sorry kinda new to this thanks for the help