Cutouts and buying models?

Post about creating and skinning models here
DBecker229
Team: Privateer

Cutouts and buying models?

Post by DBecker229 »

I have been playing sim casually for years now, and I've just recently taken an interest in creating custom graphics and skin editing. I have been searching through the forums for a little bit now trying to figure out how to go about this. I downloaded some PSD cutouts on TMFR and taught myself how to put my own number on the kits. From what I read while trying to get the cutout into the game, I believe you have to purchase a model for the jm files to get a skin into the game. Is this correct? Or is there a way to get some skins for free? What is the purpose of all the psd cutouts on TMFR if you have to buy the model to customize it anyway? Or am I just missing the information on how to go about doing this? As of right now, I just would like to put my name and number, and maybe a couple of logos on a premade public bike. Then in the future, once I am more familiar with photoshop, I'd love to make kits from scratch to release. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am very new to all of this!
Pumpkin
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Re: Cutouts and buying models?

Post by Pumpkin »

hey man add my Pumpkin#2960 i can help you out with photoshop and teach a couple of things