Trying to get a computer

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
imboredd:\\
Team: Privateer

Trying to get a computer

Post by imboredd:\\ »

So I joined the mx sim group about 8 years ago, and never had a good computer. I couldn’t play with bots, nor play 1/2 the tracks with the graphics 1/4 of the way turned up.

I’m looking to get back into it but know nothing about computers, what the numbers mean or how to build them. I would like to buy a prebuilt computer, could you guys send me some suggestions? I’d like to stay between $800-$1200 if possible!! I would like to be able to run any track with a full gate and not have any worries about frame rate.

Thank you in advance!!
gschmidt421
Team: OBR

Re: Trying to get a computer

Post by gschmidt421 »

i would get an digital storm or a costom by buying all the parts. then using a tutorial on how to set it up
:) :)
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

I started pricing out the parts I wanted and realised that a prebuilt is worth it.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Djlove04
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by Djlove04 »

Im trying selling my pc if you are interested

Really looking to buy new, never had a nice gaming pc and if I’m gonna spend the money might as well get a new one
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

There are some reasonable pre-builders out there if you don't want to do it yourself or we can try and find something to fit your budget in a parts list.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

If youre from the US you could try something like this https://www.letsbld.com/starter-series

The Starter Pro is a decent buy at $999 and their customer service is good.

Here’s the two I’ve been told to go with for my price range. Any insights on these?

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/game-de ... 10-desktop

https://www.newegg.com/acer-po3-600-ur1 ... BdEALw_wcB
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

My instinct tells me to NOT go with Dell. Extra bloatware and intrusive software and things for starters. The experience might be different now, but I always thought Dell is best for a business to get a bunch of machines and support. There it makes sense.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:52 pm My instinct tells me to NOT go with Dell. Extra bloatware and intrusive software and things for starters. The experience might be different now, but I always thought Dell is best for a business to get a bunch of machines and support. There it makes sense.
They use to use non standard parts so you couldn't upgrade things like power supplies with standard parts. Not sure if that's still the case but I'd wouldn't buy a Dell either.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.

Could you point in the direction of any computers then JLV? Really don’t want to sink $1000 into a computer and it not run the main game (Mx Sim) I want to play correctly.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

imboredd:\\ wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:31 am Could you point in the direction of any computers then JLV? Really don’t want to sink $1000 into a computer and it not run the main game (Mx Sim) I want to play correctly.
Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
xd_gangster69
Team: Help My Fuck Yamaha

Post by xd_gangster69 »

the NZXT BLD website has some good PCs for that price range
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

For this game you want to prioritize cpu single core performance and gpu memory speed. That and 2x4gb dual channel ram should do the trick.

Something like an i3 9100f and gtx 1650 super would be enough to play mxs at a competitive level but won't break the bank.
Tanner Rogers
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am
imboredd:\\ wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:31 am Could you point in the direction of any computers then JLV? Really don’t want to sink $1000 into a computer and it not run the main game (Mx Sim) I want to play correctly.
Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Fuck yeah, I always wanted something like this for my forum signature and it finally happened!

Just in case people search and end up here. I agree with others, the NZXT BLD is great for a prebuild and support. I also pointed him to iBuyPower as currently, they have some stuff on a Black Friday sale. Ryzen5/Intel i5 and GTX 1660 TI/1660 Super for $1200ish. As also mentioned above you could drop down to a Ryzen 3/i3 and 1650 but he wanted full gates and skins which is why I think the next step up will help.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.