MXS Twitter

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: MXS Twitter

Post by jlv »

Q7: How do I migrate my CentOS Linux 8 installation to CentOS Stream?
A: Instructions to convert from the CentOS Linux 8 distribution to CentOS Stream 8 are published at https://www.centos.org/centos-stream/ and are also below for your convenience.

root@centos-linux# dnf install centos-release-stream

root@centos-linux# dnf swap centos-{linux,stream}-repos

root@centos-linux# dnf distro-sync

root@centos-stream# cat /etc/centos-release
CentOS Stream release 8
This will result in some package updates and new packages being installed, which is expected.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Pumaxcs wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:13 am
Wahlamt wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:44 pm Anyone here got CentOS 8 servers? What's your plan to replace/update it?
I assume this is a personal server and not an enterprise one? If its enterprise I'd definitely recommend going to RHEL. If this is a personal server you could go to the CentOS Stream, downgrade to CentOS 7 (? I think they were only killing support for 8 and that 7 would continue getting support with RHEL 7, could be wrong), or if its a personal server that doesn't have much interaction with outside internet traffic you could just leave it be. If you are concerned with a home server doing something with VPN/proxy or doing something with your router's firewall to try and hide the device instead.
Downgrade to Centos 7 feels like a weird move, though yes that should get its 10 year support.... So it's either stream or RHEL...
jlv wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:45 am
Q7: How do I migrate my CentOS Linux 8 installation to CentOS Stream?
A: Instructions to convert from the CentOS Linux 8 distribution to CentOS Stream 8 are published at https://www.centos.org/centos-stream/ and are also below for your convenience.

root@centos-linux# dnf install centos-release-stream

root@centos-linux# dnf swap centos-{linux,stream}-repos

root@centos-linux# dnf distro-sync

root@centos-stream# cat /etc/centos-release
CentOS Stream release 8
This will result in some package updates and new packages being installed, which is expected.
We'll see... Definitely not too much of a hassle it seems.
TeamHavocRacing

This fall there'll be a more realistic crime drama with a more realistic body image about a pair of female detectives called "Cankles & Gunt".
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
TeamHavocRacing

#wenboom

jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I guess the 15 minute clip I saw didn't tell the whole story.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing

They called it a soft landing. Looked pretty hard to me because it was standing crooked and then the methane fumes blew up.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I heard the landing legs didn't deploy correctly.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
TeamHavocRacing

Thanks. I hadn't followed up on that. It did look that way. It sure saved them from a tricky salvage op.
TeamHavocRacing

Is this a good comp? Is $958.95 a good price for all of this?
MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ventus 2X OC Gaming Graphics Card, 8GB GDDR6, PCIe 4.0, Ray Tracing, VR Ready, 3X DisplayPort 1.4, 1x HDMI 2.1 8K, DirectX 12 Ultimate, TORX Fan 3.0 w/ Mytrix HDMI Cable

Intel Core i9-10900X Desktop Processor 10 Cores up to 4.7GHz Unlocked LGA2066 X299 Series 165W (BX8069510900X)

SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB - M.2 NVMe Interface Internal Solid State Drive with V-NAND Technology (MZ-V7S2T0B/AM)

ASUS ROG Thor 850 Certified 850W Fully-Modular RGB Power Supply with LiveDash OLED Panel

Asus ROG Strix Helios GX601 RGB Mid-Tower Computer Case for up to EATX Motherboards with USB 3.1 Front Panel, Smoked Tempered Glass, Brushed Aluminum and Steel Construction, and Four Case Fans, Black

ASUS ROG Strix LC 360 RGB All-in-one AIO Liquid CPU Cooler 360mm Radiator, Intel 115x/2066 and AMD AM4/TR4 Support, Triple 120mm 4-pin PWM Fans (Addressable RGB Fans)

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600) C16 Desktop Memory - Black (CMW32GX4M2C3200C16)

ASUS ROG Strix X299-E Gaming II ATX Gaming Motherboard (Intel X299) LGA 2066, Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax), 2.5 GBS LAN, 8X DIMM Max. 256GB, USB 3.2 Gen 2, 8X SATA, 3X M.2, OLED and Aura Sync RGB
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

An RTX3070 right now, by itself, goes for about $1200 so.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
TeamHavocRacing

It was $1,699
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

$500 MSRP.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
TeamHavocRacing

That's terrific. Buy it at that price then. Guess that's how much it costs to be tragically hip. It still won't run a full gate.