MXS Twitter

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
KTM57

Re: MXS Twitter

Post by KTM57 »

I don't know if I went to Shake Shack or a place called The Shake Shack, but it was pretty good. I live in a town with a horrendous Whataburger now, so I've been pivoting between Braum's and Sonic recently.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

I tired Sonic once. It was pretty unremarkable. We have a chain called Five Guys burgers and they are good and give you way too many fries. Also very fortunate to have Mr. Bento Burger! Kickass burgers with coarsely ground Angus beef with teriyaki mixed in. I gotta go eat.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
TeamHavocRacing

Smoke up folks!
Origins
In 1971, five high school students in San Rafael, California,[5][6] used the term "4:20" in connection with a plan to search for an abandoned cannabis crop, based on a treasure map made by the grower.[7][8] Calling themselves the Waldos,[9][10] because their typical hang-out spot "was a wall outside the school",[11] the five students — Steve Capper, Dave Reddix, Jeffrey Noel, Larry Schwartz, and Mark Gravich[12] —designated the Louis Pasteur statue[13] on the grounds of San Rafael High School as their meeting place, and 4:20 pm as their meeting time.[11] The Waldos referred to this plan with the phrase "4:20 Louis". After several failed attempts to find the crop, the group eventually shortened their phrase to "4:20", which ultimately evolved into a code-word the teens used to refer to consuming cannabis.[7]

Steven Hager of High Times popularized the story of the Waldos.[14] The first High Times mention of 4:20 smoking and a 4/20 holiday appeared in May 1991,[15] and the connection to the Waldos appeared in December 1998. Hager attributed the early spread of the phrase to Grateful Dead followers[16] – after "Waldo" Reddix became a roadie for the Grateful Dead's bassist, Phil Lesh[12] – and called for 4:20 pm to be the socially accepted time of the day to consume cannabis.[16
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
m121c

Post by m121c »

I find AI Research super interesting.. and as this relates to physics and games I thought it would be cool to share here. Would be a cool graduate program.. but I probably lack some fundamentals in ML & AI. I'll keep watching from a far in awe.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

jlv wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:45 am Q7: How do I migrate my CentOS Linux 8 installation to CentOS Stream?
A: Instructions to convert from the CentOS Linux 8 distribution to CentOS Stream 8 are published at https://www.centos.org/centos-stream/ and are also below for your convenience.

root@centos-linux# dnf install centos-release-stream

root@centos-linux# dnf swap centos-{linux,stream}-repos

root@centos-linux# dnf distro-sync

root@centos-stream# cat /etc/centos-release
CentOS Stream release 8
This will result in some package updates and new packages being installed, which is expected.
Did that last night with some alcohol to help. Really quite a seamless process they have. Just took a bit of waiting!
TeamHavocRacing

Finally got around to watching "The Sound of Metal" on Prime this weekend. It's a well done movie. I can totally relate to hearing loss after 50+ years of damaging my hearing starting with smashing entire rolls of caps with a rock to being in a band through high school to riding and racing and going to races along with 30+ years in machine shops. It seems to be an anti-cochlear implant film. It also seems to emphasize your own tinnitus and/or hearing loss. Heavy shit man. Protect your hearing!
m121c

Post by m121c »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:37 pm Finally got around to watching "The Sound of Metal" on Prime this weekend. It's a well done movie. I can totally relate to hearing loss after 50+ years of damaging my hearing starting with smashing entire rolls of caps with a rock to being in a band through high school to riding and racing and going to races along with 30+ years in machine shops. It seems to be an anti-cochlear implant film. It also seems to emphasize your own tinnitus and/or hearing loss. Heavy shit man. Protect your hearing!
Interesting. Especially in moto, you are seeing more guys wearing ear plugs. I think as the helmets become more vented, lighter, and more advanced the more audio input you receive.

I took a year of ASL a couple years ago, I never realized there were arguments against cochlear implants until I took those courses. The professor had us watch a movie from the perspective of someone that had cochlear implants, it's not what everyone would think it is. I wonder if Elon Musk's Neuralink device will smash the performance of the cochlear implants? What is even scarier to think... in theory the neurlink could make the case that hearing will not be a majority form of communication at some point. :shock:
TeamHavocRacing

R.I.P. Bobby Unser. February 20, 1934 – May 2, 2021 Three time Indy 500 winner and Pikes Peak legend.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Looks like they finally got it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
TeamHavocRacing

Both jlv and August lighting it up! ✨ The worst TV coverage of the coolest thing ffs! We know how the flip looks, so we can imagine the rest. Now, if they could just pre-soak the surrounding earth around the pad we could actually see! I know some of the dust is from the concrete ripping.
Is August getting all retro digging the Amiga? Have you tried the Amiga Emulator? Super Scramble was years ahead of other bike games. I had two A500's connected via a homemade null modem cable. F-16 Combat Pilot 1v1 and Stunt Car Racer as well. The beautiful colors and warm, rich stereo sound built right in! I might have already told that cool story a dozen times in Dicsord.
InsaneFMX
Team: Flipin 150ft triples

Post by InsaneFMX »

I don't know how August's post managed to spark this gem in my brain, but does anyone remember MX Dirt Rebel? This game was shockingly fun when I was young.

KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

All I know about the Amiga is that it exists. I spent the morning researching motocross games and was amazed to find all the stuff that I've never heard of. Super Scramble looks like a horrible experience. :lol:

I've never seen the MX Dirt Rebel before but that is pretty cool. If it came out in 05 I was probably too busy playing something good to notice. :lol:
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

This was the biggest discovery I made in my research. I had never heard of this somehow. This gameplay makes it look kinda like a polished version of the free ride component of MTX Mototrax. I was completely unable to find any related moto games by the developers. Surprisingly, every other motocross game I found from 1998 forward was part of a series or shared a developer or at least a publisher with further games.

Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

KTM57 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:30 pm This was the biggest discovery I made in my research. I had never heard of this somehow. This gameplay makes it look kinda like a polished version of the free ride component of MTX Mototrax. I was completely unable to find any related moto games by the developers. Surprisingly, every other motocross game I found from 1998 forward was part of a series or shared a developer or at least a publisher with further games.

I had that for my PS2! Not sure who got it for me, but I played for probably an hour or less. Didn't understand what I should do or anything, so wasn't any fun. Also it wasn't as good as MVA Untamed (for PS2) so it got binned...