MXS Twitter

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
InsaneFMX
Team: Flipin 150ft triples

Re: MXS Twitter

Post by InsaneFMX »

Wahlamt wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:44 am I had that for my PS2! Not sure who got it for me, but I played for probably an hour or less. Didn't understand what I should do or anything, so wasn't any fun. Also it wasn't as good as MVA Untamed (for PS2) so it got binned...
I freaking loved that game. The goals would range from doing tricks and combos and scores in areas to slaughtering people on the beaches of cancun. The story was weird with race events between the open area levels I'm pretty sure. I'll see if I can find it for an emulator and give it a look back at, but from my memory it's worth checking out. Not no MvA title but a weird, coked out story and pretty fun mechanics.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Just like Missile Command!
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Kinda. There needs to be activity on the ground where the bases get swept of their occupants so zionist occupiers build illegal new bases to be bombed. :twisted:
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
InsaneFMX

Post by InsaneFMX »

I don't know who else has been following the science world recently, but the progression in quantum studies, astrophysics, particle physics, and just generally everything going on on the physics side is just mind blowing. The future is now, welcome to star trek.
For example:
Alright TV's step aside, let the physical holograms through
Screw the uncertainty principle, am I right? Also, Macroscopic Quantum Entanglement
And if you missed the muons, they messed up our idea of particle physics
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

The Heisenberg story sounds kind of bullshitty to me. If you've broken Heisenberg you've broken all of quantum physics. The whole entanglement thing is a result of Einstein's thought experiment which attempted to defeat the uncertainty principle. If it's broken there is no "spooky action at a distance".
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing

Einstein knew there was fudge factor in his numbers and it ended up being dark matter/energy. We still know so little about the universe like many other things. We discover the Iceman of the Italian/Swiss alps and have to change the definition of the bronze age. We discover a living coelacanth and have to change our definition of their extinction. We're gonna fire up the James Webb space telescope and in a couple more years the ELT in Chile and will probably have to redefine the age and size of the universe. Hey! Remember the Copernican model? Ptolemy fucked up that whole notion. We're continually in flux, having to redefine a lot of things. Just think about what has recently happened to the acceptance of actual scientific facts about epidemiology! They are actually carving out a niche of their own with moon hoaxers and flat earthers, let alone the Trumpers most recent attack on the truth about Jan. 6th.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
TeamHavocRacing

InsaneFMX wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:54 pmMacroscopic Quantum Entanglement
THIS one is the real exciting discovery! Teleportation!
InsaneFMX

Post by InsaneFMX »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:51 pm
InsaneFMX wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:54 pmMacroscopic Quantum Entanglement
THIS one is the real exciting discovery! Teleportation!
That's very debatable. It's believed that it could lead to teleportation of information but to transport whole, complex objects is still theoretically impossible is what I have gathered so far. But it is still being debated and all I have is a high school diploma and too much time to look into my interests so don't just take my word.
InsaneFMX

Post by InsaneFMX »

Also to add on to that, if we want to teleport across the galaxy even, we are not even close enough mathematically to counter out all of the disproportionate momentum from a spinning galaxy hurling through space. Relativity is brilliant but not good enough for this banana ass situation
TeamHavocRacing

Just the fact that quantum superposition has been observed with the double-slit experiment is crazy to me! I also was surprised to see that the ELT will produce much better images than JWST. Oh, we are also flying on another planet!
hvpmvp

Post by hvpmvp »

I suppose it makes sense tho, 39 meters compared to 6.5. Webb telescope is cool but I’d be more excited for a Hubble v2 with a larger mirror only because Hubble palette images are some of the most fun to see. Speaking of, is there any astronomy/astrophotography topic somewhere in here?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:48 pm Einstein knew there was fudge factor in his numbers and it ended up being dark matter/energy. We still know so little about the universe like many other things. We discover the Iceman of the Italian/Swiss alps and have to change the definition of the bronze age. We discover a living coelacanth and have to change our definition of their extinction. We're gonna fire up the James Webb space telescope and in a couple more years the ELT in Chile and will probably have to redefine the age and size of the universe. Hey! Remember the Copernican model? Ptolemy fucked up that whole notion. We're continually in flux, having to redefine a lot of things. Just think about what has recently happened to the acceptance of actual scientific facts about epidemiology! They are actually carving out a niche of their own with moon hoaxers and flat earthers, let alone the Trumpers most recent attack on the truth about Jan. 6th.
You're thinking of the cosmological constant. It was a fudge factor to make relativity fit the erroneous idea that the universe is static rather than expanding. There was nothing wrong with relativity itself.

I don't think it will ever be possible to travel or send a message faster than light in any practical way. Relativistic frame dragging could do it, so if you want to send a message near the event horizon of a spinning black hole you might be able to be a little faster than light, but it's useless if you want to do something like travel to another star. It's funny that in most sci-fi they have warp drives but the characters have normal lifespans. The warp drive is basically impossible but stopping aging is a complex but very solvable problem.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
TeamHavocRacing

Daniel Suarez wrote the book Influx about a branch of government for technology suppression. They "quantum communication" that couldn't be detected or intercepted. Great book.
InsaneFMX

Post by InsaneFMX »

jlv wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:41 am The warp drive is basically impossible but stopping aging is a complex but very solvable problem.
Hey now, cut the physicists some slack!
You'll probably only need the last paragraph with the papers attached, but don't count out warp drives yet.
Also, there was an instance of us observing (I believe a gamma ray) double refracting as it came within the gravity well of a neutron star, it appeared to have one of it's refractions occurring in the reverse. Just because we are dumb, standing mammals with math, doesn't mean time isn't manipulatable at some level of physics.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

There's always a catch.

'A 100 m radius spacecraft would require the energy equivalent to “hundreds of times of the mass of the planet Jupiter”, according to Lentz.'

Mass of Jupiter: .001 Suns
x 100: .1 Suns
Schwarzschild radius of .1 Suns: 295.4 meters

The spaceship would be trapped in a black hole.

There's always a catch!
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com