Political Debate Thread

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
jlv
Site Admin
Posts: 14274
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:39 am
Team: No Frills Racing
Contact:

Re: Political Debate Thread

Post by jlv »

So I was searching rushlimbaugh.com trying to see if I could find the show that made me quit. Didn't find that but check out this transcript from 2008. It's prescient and so different from his last few years. I wish he would have gone out like that instead of the way he did. Here's a quote but the whole thing is worth reading. (If you read the transcript and don't know who "breck girl" is, he's means John Edwards.)

"Where is this notion here that electing any single human being is going to fix a momentary, temporary, very personal economic problem? The resulting dissent into victimhood and then seeing a populist approach, and you think it’s conservative because it’s compassionate or cares or whatever? Folks, it just scares me, because this is how we get charlatans elected."
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
m121c
Posts: 3018
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:36 am
Location: Iowa

Re: Political Debate Thread

Post by m121c »

What are the thoughts on this:

https://www.reuters.com/legal/governmen ... 021-11-18/

It only took 108 days to go through said paper work and approve the vaccine.
jlv
Site Admin
Posts: 14274
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:39 am
Team: No Frills Racing
Contact:

Re: Political Debate Thread

Post by jlv »

m121c wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:12 pm What are the thoughts on this:

https://www.reuters.com/legal/governmen ... 021-11-18/

It only took 108 days to go through said paper work and approve the vaccine.
Did you read the article? It's explained in the 7th paragraph.

"But the FDA can’t simply turn the documents over wholesale. The records must be reviewed to redact “confidential business and trade secret information of Pfizer or BioNTech and personal privacy information of patients who participated in clinical trials,” wrote DOJ lawyers in a joint status report filed Monday.

The FDA proposes releasing 500 pages per month on a rolling basis, noting that the branch that would handle the review has only 10 employees and is currently processing about 400 other FOIA requests."


On slightly different topic, funny theory on ivermectin - it might have helped against covid in some third world countries because the patients actually needed de-worming! LOL!
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
m121c
Posts: 3018
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:36 am
Location: Iowa

Re: Political Debate Thread

Post by m121c »

jl wrote: Did you read the article? It's explained in the 7th paragraph.
I did. I didn’t really find the FDA’s reasonings a sufficient excuse. 55 years seems reasonable? I would hope the task of evaluating the data/information for something that was going to be mandated to millions would take longer than simply distributing out the paper work (while censoring privacy info). With the full power and funding the FDA has, they can’t make this a little higher importance?

55 years is absurd, doesn’t really side with transparency. But then again, nothing with this pandemic has.
jlv
Site Admin
Posts: 14274
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:39 am
Team: No Frills Racing
Contact:

Re: Political Debate Thread

Post by jlv »

m121c wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:43 am I did. I didn’t really find the FDA’s reasonings a sufficient excuse. 55 years seems reasonable? I would hope the task of evaluating the data/information for something that was going to be mandated to millions would take longer than simply distributing out the paper work (while censoring privacy info). With the full power and funding the FDA has, they can’t make this a little higher importance?

55 years is absurd, doesn’t really side with transparency. But then again, nothing with this pandemic has.
They probably have hundreds of NDAs to check against. 500 pages per month isn't that bad.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Boblob801
Posts: 3961
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:59 am
Team: #NoNewFriends
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Political Debate Thread

Post by Boblob801 »

m121c wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:43 amStuff
I'm an engineer and do risk assessments for a lot of infrastructure aka engineering projects. I took the vaccine :twisted: along with most other people who do these types of risk assessments.

I mean this is arguably the biggest (by your guys standards) trial any vaccine has ever gone through. Name a vaccine that has over a billion users in a trial :lol: At some stage you guys are going to need to concede the experimental argument is silly.

If you're so anal about MRNA just take a different vaccine. :|

You mentioned there are people that are healthy by default and aren't at risk? I thought the USA was a cesspit of obesity, burger eating, flag-waving, we're the bestest, gun tooting potatoes.
Honestly, though, there's got to be a million people in the US that sit on their broken couches because they're too fat with borderline diabetes who tell themselves and their peers, they're peak health and performance.
You don't exactly come from a nation of humble people.
You're probably the exception to that rule, so henceforth it would be kind of stupid to just say, hey, if you think you're healthy, you don't need the vaccine.
The alternative being everyone has to undertake a full medical exam to distinguish if they're healthy enough to go without..... it's not what you called practical. Mass vaccination of a vaccine that's relatively harmless seems like the best idea.

I'm not going to sit here and tell you that masks are the be all end all and they're going to save your life, just like I wouldn't tell you a seat belt is going to save your life when you hit a tree at 100MPH. I still wear a seatbelt.

The overarching reality is, I took 30mins out of my day to get jabbed where I had a sore arm for 1 day following that, it's not exactly a big deal yet there's got to be hundreds of thousands of people acting like children about this whole thing. Yet somehow we're surprised that govts are treating you like children?

Nothings wrong, stop being a pussy. This same shit happened over 100 years ago, it's nothing new.
Hi
m121c
Posts: 3018
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:36 am
Location: Iowa

Re: Political Debate Thread

Post by m121c »

Boblob801 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:35 pm I'm an engineer and do risk assessments for a lot of infrastructure aka engineering projects. I took the vaccine :twisted: along with most other people who do these types of risk assessments.
Me too :D Oh how far we have come, we should catch up sometime.

I don't want to assume your personal situation and the weighted risk factors you would have associated to your decision, it clearly has made sense to you to be vaccinated, or maybe there wasn't that much thought and I guess that is your business. With that said, I would say you would be mistaken to not associate a risk factor, or are rather relatively larger risk factor, to the unknown long-term effects. But hey, engineers can disagree and that's why we have meetings, analysis, technical papers, etc.
Boblob801 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:35 pm I mean this is arguably the biggest (by your guys standards) trial any vaccine has ever gone through. Name a vaccine that has over a billion users in a trial :lol: At some stage you guys are going to need to concede the experimental argument is silly.
I guess I wouldn't really associate the terminology of "trial" to not not being an experiment. Even if there is a large population of test subjects. I would invite anyone who hasn't, to go and read the FDA license literature for Pfizer if you think this isn't at the very least a slight bit experimental.
Boblob801 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:35 pm If you're so anal about MRNA just take a different vaccine. :|
I would rather not, yet. My company only allowed us 3 different choices, 2 being MRNA and the other J&J. Think I like the sound of "horse dewormer" before J&J.
Boblob801 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:35 pm You mentioned there are people that are healthy by default and aren't at risk? I thought the USA was a cesspit of obesity, burger eating, flag-waving, we're the bestest, gun tooting potatoes.
Honestly, though, there's got to be a million people in the US that sit on their broken couches because they're too fat with borderline diabetes who tell themselves and their peers, they're peak health and performance.
You don't exactly come from a nation of humble people.
You're probably the exception to that rule, so henceforth it would be kind of stupid to just say, hey, if you think you're healthy, you don't need the vaccine.
The alternative being everyone has to undertake a full medical exam to distinguish if they're healthy enough to go without..... it's not what you called practical. Mass vaccination of a vaccine that's relatively harmless seems like the best idea.
You are not wrong. But I don't think the situation warrants the level of big daddy government intervention.

We know the risks of obesity, and we know risks with covid. We also know the risks of those two together. I feel the people are free to take that information and do with it as they wish. I would be just as against the government mandating a maximum body weight % as I am the covid19 vaccine. Even knowing what we know, I still don't think the situation meets the criteria for such a drastic one-size-fits-all mandate.

Relativity is funny thing, what criteria are you basing this relative stance on?
Boblob801 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:35 pm I'm not going to sit here and tell you that masks are the be all end all and they're going to save your life, just like I wouldn't tell you a seat belt is going to save your life when you hit a tree at 100MPH. I still wear a seatbelt.
No argument here. I feel there are several helpful mitigation's that one can use for this virus. Vaccination is one of them for sure. It might be unclear on their absolute effectiveness, but for those who are comfortable with it, I absolutely support them to do so.
Boblob801 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:35 pm The overarching reality is, I took 30mins out of my day to get jabbed where I had a sore arm for 1 day following that, it's not exactly a big deal yet there's got to be hundreds of thousands of people acting like children about this whole thing. Yet somehow we're surprised that govts are treating you like children?
It's not a big deal to you, but it is a big deal to me. I'm glad all you had was a sore arm, I'm not oblivious that this is millions of other folks reactions. Others did not have that same reaction. Atleast here in the U.S. you see many electing out of the 2nd dose (especially in the younger groups) and I suspect as we round this corner and start the boosters it will be even less. Now, I know it would be speculating to say it is because those individuals had an event more than a sore arm, but from my anecdotal experiences I am comfortable making that speculation (among other factors).

Look, I might be way over paranoid and will be wrong in 5 years. I am totally comfortable with that, in fact, I hope that is the case.
Boblob801 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:35 pm Nothings wrong, stop being a pussy. This same shit happened over 100 years ago, it's nothing new.
Absolutes are such a hard thing. I really don't find this situation to be so binary. This situation is not "the same shit", this is not polio. Pretending like it is will be the very vector that will diminish away peoples freedoms and increase government control. We should be very careful in situations where we ask the government to step in to something.
m121c
Posts: 3018
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:36 am
Location: Iowa

Re: Political Debate Thread

Post by m121c »

I also wanted to add this. What I feel is child-like is for someone to ask the government to force others to do something they want them to do. Especially if that something is (what I consider) an experiment.
Boblob801
Posts: 3961
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:59 am
Team: #NoNewFriends
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Political Debate Thread

Post by Boblob801 »

There's probably an easy way to break down quotes like you did, but after 10 seconds I lost interest :lol: .

Do it... catch up with me, buy me plane tickets and I'll come stay.

It's hard to say if it is truly experimental. MRNA isn't new, its older than we are.... I think it's older than my mum. At the same time, it's different to how a normal vaccine works. It seems a lot less dangerous in the sense it's not a virus in and of itself, like others. It's just a basic spike protein.

As an engineer, I hope you can understand basic ratio's. There's been a number of people that brought the horse dewormer. (Noting that there is a horse version and a human version) They then dosed themselves the horse's quantity, yet they're not a 1 ton beast.... Some of these people died (more than what the vaccine has killed). Take the appropriate amount. I'll touch on this again soon.

I think we need more big daddy intervention, they intervened to stop localized slavery. The boomers were like oh dumb, guess we better outsource that to africa :idea: Point is, most issues could be fixed with a simple rule or law. People are too stupid to think for themselves and for some reason (you should understand this) seem to think they know more than the experts. So they listen to some facebook hack talking about crystals and 5g because he isn't the big bad govt. They all live for confirmation bias.

Relative in terms of everything, you push too hard when you're taking a shit, dead, take too much molly, dead. People take a number of risks far worse than this vaccine, all the time. Your group sits there like Oooo I don't know what's in it. Like settle down, you don't even know what's in your steak and corn.

It wasn't a big deal to me after I waited a year and realized there wasn't a big deal. You should understand cause and causation. The statistics for the majority of adverse effects are not causation. They're there to provide a model. You ever had a headache before? It happens, a lot of people get them throughout life. It doesn't mean it's linked to the vaccine.

Around 100 years ago when they did the first lot of mandates (again, this isn't new, you still have freedoms, no diminishing, no govt world order blah blah America) there was a massive doctor in the UK, he pretty much headed the administration of vaccines. He ended up being anti-vaccines, wrote a big article in the paper etc. 100 years later we look at him and think he's a spoon because he was wrong. Yet doctors are doing the same thing today and we're like Oooo it must be bad. So yes, I think you're being paranoid.

Here's the touch on. Even if your group was right, I wouldn't support you. You mentioned ancedotals? I hate them but I'll follow along with this one. The vast majority of people I meet who are anti-this whole thing.... they're borderline mentally challenged. If I went through my whole Facebook friends group I could point out all the absolute retards, lump them together, and at least half will fall into the anti-vax group. Ýet if I grouped the intellectuals, there would be maybe 1 or 2 in there.
At some stage you have to look around at your peers who are all supporting you and wonder...... why do the majority of the people supporting my cause, fall into the bottom decile for IQ. For every one doctor or intellectual, there has to be about a thousand people who can barely get employment in a minimum wage job they're so useless. They go on about mass population control, new world order, flat earth, nazis on the moon, 5g causes covid, jet fuel melts steel beams. Honestly Mason, you don't want to be lumped in with these people.

On the off chance your group is right for the first time in 150 years. You're fucked anyway. If all of us vaccinated people die, who are you left with? Those shit kickers I just mentioned. They can barely operate, how the fuck are they going to launch satellites and manage large-scale distribution?!? You guys will be right back to the stone age. You're one person, if you hate food stamps now, you wait until 90% of the populus needs them. You can't support them and you can't build a bridge to get from a-b by yourself in a timely manner. After a year of eating all the available food and killing off all means of production, you're probably going to die anyway.

1 Person in my whole country out of the 7 million-plus doses administered, has died. I don't think you'll be that unlucky.
Hi
m121c
Posts: 3018
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:36 am
Location: Iowa

Re: Political Debate Thread

Post by m121c »

Boblob801 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:09 pm Do it... catch up with me, buy me plane tickets and I'll come stay.
Im a relatively new engineer, I don't quite have that salary yet amigo. But I can always do a discord night! :lol:
Boblob801 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:09 pm It's hard to say if it is truly experimental. MRNA isn't new, its older than we are.... I think it's older than my mum. At the same time, it's different to how a normal vaccine works. It seems a lot less dangerous in the sense it's not a virus in and of itself, like others. It's just a basic spike protein.
I think it's truly experimental until it's not.. if that makes sense. I'm aware of MRNA history, and aware of the way they work (from a 30,000 foot view), but I still am uneasy about them. Even the more traditional ones, like anything, I still think they are in experimental until proven not (through testing, analysis, and trials). That is why we are supposed to have a process for these things.
Boblob801 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:09 pm As an engineer, I hope you can understand basic ratio's. There's been a number of people that brought the horse dewormer. (Noting that there is a horse version and a human version) They then dosed themselves the horse's quantity, yet they're not a 1 ton beast.... Some of these people died (more than what the vaccine has killed). Take the appropriate amount. I'll touch on this again soon.
I should have emphasized that in more explicit way, it was just a slight to an earlier comment that Havoc made that echo's the U.S.'s fossil corporate media. I understand there are stupid people out there, unfortunately that is just the way it goes.
Boblob801 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:09 pm I think we need more big daddy intervention, they intervened to stop localized slavery. The boomers were like oh dumb, guess we better outsource that to africa :idea: Point is, most issues could be fixed with a simple rule or law. People are too stupid to think for themselves and for some reason (you should understand this) seem to think they know more than the experts. So they listen to some facebook hack talking about crystals and 5g because he isn't the big bad govt. They all live for confirmation bias.
Now we are in an area where we can really debate! You have fair reasoning, but I just fundamentally disagree. I don't think being a nanny to culture/society is really a primary function of government. There can definitely be a discussion to be had as to when a simple law is appropriate, because it should definitely not be the wild-west. In the case of slavery as you pointed out, you are absolutely right, but the practice of slavery is people infringing on the natural born rights of others.
Boblob801 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:09 pm Relative in terms of everything, you push too hard when you're taking a shit, dead, take too much molly, dead. People take a number of risks far worse than this vaccine, all the time. Your group sits there like Oooo I don't know what's in it. Like settle down, you don't even know what's in your steak and corn.
Those are risks one chooses to partake in. The vaccine how ever low you might, or might not, think the risk is should remain a choice. You can't take back an injection of an external drug.
Boblob801 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:09 pm It wasn't a big deal to me after I waited a year and realized there wasn't a big deal. You should understand cause and causation. The statistics for the majority of adverse effects are not causation. They're there to provide a model. You ever had a headache before? It happens, a lot of people get them throughout life. It doesn't mean it's linked to the vaccine.
The very argument you make about the vaccine, I make about the disease itself. Now that there is a vaccine to help protect the vulnerable from extreme cases, it all really seems like less of a big deal as it was at the start. Let's get back to normal. Even more so now that we have an increase
in low-cost mitigation's such as quality rapid testing and post-infection therapeutics.

I think you mean correlation vs. causation. Anyways, I think it is a little too early to make those assertions. As I stated earlier in my discussion with Josh, I don't think there is necessarily a system of attentiveness towards determining causation. for vaccine related adverse events. VAERS has become this wild database of speculation and uncertainty, when many experts have been calling for ages on a better system. Really, the data set on both sides is one big mess, and how that data is being used is just unethical. The government and these institutions have failed widely on their transparency, integrity, and ethics.
Boblob801 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:09 pm Around 100 years ago when they did the first lot of mandates (again, this isn't new, you still have freedoms, no diminishing, no govt world order blah blah America) there was a massive doctor in the UK, he pretty much headed the administration of vaccines. He ended up being anti-vaccines, wrote a big article in the paper etc. 100 years later we look at him and think he's a spoon because he was wrong. Yet doctors are doing the same thing today and we're like Oooo it must be bad. So yes, I think you're being paranoid.
Again, there is a difference between "anti-vaccine" and being "anti-THIS-vaccine". It is fine you think I am paranoid. Everyone has paranoia about something.
Boblob801 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:09 pm Here's the touch on. Even if your group was right, I wouldn't support you. You mentioned ancedotals? I hate them but I'll follow along with this one. The vast majority of people I meet who are anti-this whole thing.... they're borderline mentally challenged. If I went through my whole Facebook friends group I could point out all the absolute retards, lump them together, and at least half will fall into the anti-vax group. Ýet if I grouped the intellectuals, there would be maybe 1 or 2 in there.
At some stage you have to look around at your peers who are all supporting you and wonder...... why do the majority of the people supporting my cause, fall into the bottom decile for IQ. For every one doctor or intellectual, there has to be about a thousand people who can barely get employment in a minimum wage job they're so useless. They go on about mass population control, new world order, flat earth, nazis on the moon, 5g causes covid, jet fuel melts steel beams. Honestly Mason, you don't want to be lumped in with these people.
I can't really get on board with this. It's more up to you if you want to associate their position with mine and just generalize us into a group. I believe in individuality, and although I can be rather dismissive to "left-leaning" people as whole, I would never go into a conversation with an individual assuming they are one of the crazies. There are a ton of college educated "intellectuals" that are just as vulnerable to dangerous ideas as those who are not. We could have a whole conversation of what make up an intellectual really.
Boblob801 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:09 pm On the off chance your group is right for the first time in 150 years. You're fucked anyway. If all of us vaccinated people die, who are you left with? Those shit kickers I just mentioned. They can barely operate, how the fuck are they going to launch satellites and manage large-scale distribution?!? You guys will be right back to the stone age. You're one person, if you hate food stamps now, you wait until 90% of the populus needs them. You can't support them and you can't build a bridge to get from a-b by yourself in a timely manner. After a year of eating all the available food and killing off all means of production, you're probably going to die anyway.
Kind of a weird perspective. I mean if I am right both sides are fucked then no? I mean Im stuck with crazy "anti-vaxxers" as it's been described here, and well everyone else has been fucked by the vaccine. Not really a good argument to join the masses.

Let me try to sum this up. I'm still yet to be convinced as to why this needs to mandated. I don't think this virus warrants such a measure. I get it has been implemented before in history, but the circumstances are not even close. I find it a dangerous practice for governments to be enforcing medical procedures on a very low barrier premise, especially if that procedure is a wide spread vaccination that is expensive and experimental.

At the end of the day, this particular vaccine should be left to an individuals choice.
DBRider251
Posts: 1703
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:38 pm
Team: LCQ Studios

Re: Political Debate Thread

Post by DBRider251 »

I just want to say I'm impressed Mason, you managed to have like a thousand quotes and not fuck a single one up. :lol:
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
Boblob801
Posts: 3961
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:59 am
Team: #NoNewFriends
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Political Debate Thread

Post by Boblob801 »

m121c wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:10 pmStuff
Whats the 2 second method for quoting where I don't have to move the start and end quote brackets or delete massive walls of text or type shit into the quote bar.

I can try, I mostly just watch stupid educational youtube videos. It's a hard life having no friends. :lol:

It's very broad. Some would draw a conclusion a lot sooner than others. It would seem the vast majority of people who specialize in this field have drawn their conclusion. Which would state it isn't experimental. The same can be said with the current scale it's being "experimented" on. Where would you draw the conclusion? As it stands you should be able to give me a date given that most of the world's population is undertaking this experiment.

I see.

The point of govt is to provide socialist services (police, fire, schooling, roads, parks etc) and nanny society (if society says, we don't like murder and theft, govt has to stop it etc). The only way I could agree with you is if it was put to vote and the majority vote on, no mandate. At the end of the day, the average person isn't smart enough to do what's right for them. America is the perfect example, being obese isn't good for you, yet there you (USA) are, breaking records. There are also situations where the majority of you would vote against something even though in reality, it is in your best interest. A good example is, I'm sure most people would vote on a tax decrease, it would be bad. I mean last I checked, meth was illegal, should that not be a personal choice? I don't think so myself. There are lines, they haven't crossed it here.

I don't choose to take a shit, if it was up to me, I'd never eat. It's such a pain having to provide sustenance. It's just inefficient.
You don't need to take back the injection, it'll be gone after a while (hence the need for boosters)(I want to note, I'm not necessarily on board with getting yearly boosters). Can you humor me? What drugs have delayed effects of more than a few years?

I don't really disagree, as bad as it sounds. These people are overheads in my country. The vast majority of people dying of the virus need govt aid to survive. But at the end of the day, there are 2 ways to value human life, the engineer way (this person will contribute x value to society. If they die, it'll cost x amount to scoop them up etc. I think in nz the value is around 4million or something). And the other way, this persons a human they should have the right to live or something. Completely opinion-based, so I'm not going to get into it. Honestly, I would be fine with everyone getting a vaccine and then letting covid run rampant (I think that's what NZ is transitioning into).

Yeap, the way they document the stats isn't great for you and I. I mentioned that it's used in a different way. Because of correlation vs causation (I'm retarded) there's no way to accurately use the stats other than to model trends, and watch those trends. Granted when they have conclusive stats, it would be nice if they were shown to us people who don't want to model trends. (Aka, 6 people died of covid, 2 were going to die in the next day regardless, therefore the deaths are only 4 instead of just blanket 6 probable deaths the end).

I don't think there is a difference. Every time a vaccine comes out it's the same shit. "I'm not against vaccines, just this one". "Look at all the adverse reactions". "Even doctors are against it". Honestly, it's always the same shit, I'm yet to hear something new. Same shit, different vaccine.

I'm unsure what type of engineer you are but I'll tell you this now, remove the idea of individualism. It's stupid, it's what people use to make you feel special. When you come to design or manage things for stakeholders you'll quickly find you need to group them. No way you'll please everyone, don't get caught up in the detail. No one else does. How many times have you been to a store and it's laid out to suit your individual needs? It's not, they have a target group and they meet the common denominator. Save yourself some stress and get on board.
There are a ton of college educated "intellectuals" that are just as vulnerable to dangerous ideas as those who are not. We could have a whole conversation of what make up an intellectual really.
Not a chance, I could pull stats that show this to be bullshit but it's like saying gravity isn't real, it'd be a waste of time to argue it.
If they can't do primary school mathematics, I don't count them as intellectuals (aka the majority of anti-covid vax I've talked to). Seriously, who can't figure out that 2+2x10 doesn't equal 40.

That's my point. When you do risk assessment it's simple, you don't pick the option where you're fucked no matter what. You pick the one with the best chances. And that's putting on your wool coat, getting your vaccine, and coming next to me to eat grass and baa. (I joke) But seriously, you have almost nothing to lose, there's a 1 in multiple million chance something bad will happen vs not getting it and being a reject of society.

Following your sum up.
-It needs to be mandated because people can't make the right decisions for themselves. (It's also likely the majority would want this)
-Again, depends on how you value human life. I'm a piece of shit (the more people die, the cheaper houses will be) so I agree with you. We need to let it run free at some stage. (I don't know if it's the best option given most viruses when contained, die off to never be seen. It's hard to say if this would ever die off, I'm not qualified to make that decision. All I know is I don't really care).
-It doesn't really matter if the circumstances aren't close, the point stands that you're wrong. The govt didn't end up with stupid powers from mandating back then and they're not going to this time either. It's a poor argument, don't use it.
-That statement is based on your opinion of it being experimental (often related to MRNA). There are other vaccines that aren't in the same situation. So it's a poor argument. You have the option to pick a "non-experimental" one. The vaccine itself is cheap, the lockdowns...... oh man are they gonna be expensive. We'll be feeling this for a while I think. Govts have enforced medical procedures since forever, it's a good idea, it's shown to save lives.
All you can argue is if this particular one falls into the category of worth it. Time will show if it isn't or isn't.

At the end of the day just get it, nothings going to happen. I'll suck your ghost dick if it does.
Hi
InsaneFMX
Posts: 816
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:25 pm
Team: Flipin 150ft triples
Location: Canada

Re: Political Debate Thread

Post by InsaneFMX »

Boblob801 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:40 am absolute banger
Yoo the facebook math reference though? I heard Fantano rated this a 10
Image
baker
Posts: 146
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:43 pm
Team: BakerMX.com

Re: Political Debate Thread

Post by baker »

InsaneFMX wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:48 am
Boblob801 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:40 am absolute banger
Yoo the facebook math reference though? I heard Fantano rated this a 10
They don’t do math anymore it’s magical common core. 🤬🤬🤬
Image
nathanjames wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:32 pm Classic Miami...
Boblob801
Posts: 3961
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:59 am
Team: #NoNewFriends
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Political Debate Thread

Post by Boblob801 »

Do you guys think Mason got his vaccine and died :shock: :shock: He's been gone awhile
Hi
Post Reply