dyno update?

Post your suggestions here
LucaaaNixxos
Team: jibr

dyno update?

Post by LucaaaNixxos »

Hi! Just a simple question. Is there some kind of a Dyno Update for 2022 planned? Because its now 4 years after the last one but idk if its that necessary.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: dyno update?

Post by jlv »

I'm busy with other things. Had to redo a lot of stuff to fix the Radeon on Windows performance problem. When that's done it's back to the terrain engine overhaul.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
dawsonsleeper

Post by dawsonsleeper »

jlv wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:12 am I'm busy with other things. Had to redo a lot of stuff to fix the Radeon on Windows performance problem. When that's done it's back to the terrain engine overhaul.
What exactly does that mean? We talking like new graphics?
jlv wrote:WTF I love Trump now! Make America great again!
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

dawsonsleeper wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:05 am
jlv wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:12 am I'm busy with other things. Had to redo a lot of stuff to fix the Radeon on Windows performance problem. When that's done it's back to the terrain engine overhaul.
What exactly does that mean? We talking like new graphics?
The performance got way worse on AMD graphics cards on Windows when I updated the game to require OpenGL 3.1. I'm mostly done fixing that now. Once that's done I'm going to get back to redoing the terrain engine to take advantage of vertex shaders and large textures. Previously it would work on GPUs that didn't have those features, which was a good thing but supporting those GPUs prevented some optimizations that I'm going to do now.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.