MXS Twitter

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: MXS Twitter

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Watching Season 6 of Better Call Saul and when they showed his bathroom, I thought of the "Golden Toilet" bike they made for Sween(...or was it Chex?) back in the day!

jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Absolute chaos moment from Moto2
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Anyone going to watch this?
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

Damn JLV, that one really got away from you there didn't it?
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

You mean the spam? I think a lot of people are using "password" as their password.

Kinda sucks that there isn't a good password checker in phpBB. My only options are to force a minimum password length, require mixed case, require letters and numbers, and require symbols. So you get this:

enter password
password

password must be at least 12 characters
passwordpassword

password must have both upper and lowercase
Passwordpassword

password must contain both letters and numbers
Passwordpassword1

password must contain punctuation
Passwordpassword1!

Welp. They'll never guess that!

It'd be better if it'd just spellcheck the password and reject it if it passes. Or better yet just assign a random password.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

Kinda wild

MXS Cares
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Saw this on my youtube homepage this morning. Not what I expected there.
TeamHavocRacing

Boy, I can't wait to see what he has to say! I was pretty unnerved back during his 250 days where he could not wait to yank the microphone out of the announcer's hand and scream he'd like to thank the Lord Jesus Christ! All of that finally became the more tasteful "Man Above". He was one of the most fun to watch ride So gnarly!
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
TeamHavocRacing

You see God back there?
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:47 am You see God back there?
amazing
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

If I understand that picture correctly the notable part is the warped looking galaxies that are magnified by the gravitational lensing. The rest is in the foreground and not of interest. It'd be nice if they'd use their NASA superpowers to correct the warping so we could actually see the super old galaxies without the distortion from the lensing.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing

It was through gravitational lensing that they discovered the furthest star. There's plenty unobstructed views of distant objects. I can't wait to explore the full-res version!
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I get that, but NASA should be able to remove the warping the same way you can remove the warping from a 360 fisheye camera lens to create a normal perspective image. It's another case of NASA having bad showmanship. I'm sure they've done all the scientific stuff, which is great. But for the general public an undistorted image of a galaxy from the beginning of time that shouldn't even be visible if not for gravitational lensing would be awesome.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
TeamHavocRacing

Ugh! Dude! Really? It's surprising to me you'd want it doctored! It'll lose clarity. OK, just for curiosity's sake. Go ahead. What was I thinking?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

That's a real stretch to call removing distortion "doctoring". Would you call "a" and "b" in this image "doctored"?

It's just using the technology available to you to create a better more accurate image. I'd love to see the actual distant galaxies as they really appear instead of a bunch of distorted smudges around the center of the frame.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com