2023 SX Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

2023 SX Discussion

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Wahlamt wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:28 pm
Pumaxcs wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:03 am Saw the news about Hartranft. Absolutely gutted for him. Get well soon buddy

In other news, when I read that my second thought was for Roczen. I knew that was a team on the table for him, and also with Mumford claiming a similar issue I thought for sure it would take Suzuki off the board for him. Was really surprised to hear that he ended up with them and not a privateer KX from Mitch or the Firepower Honda.
Could it be a 2 year plan with a new bike for 2024? Think I heard or read somewhere that Suzuki was trying to sign AC to a 2 year deal previously this year?
I, of course have to post about Team Tedder picking up both Hill bros for SX! Nostalgic as hell. Maybe a podium? Discuss...
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
jonracer594

Re: 2023 SX Discussion

Post by jonracer594 »

Think Roczen is on a one year deal because pretty much every factory contract ends next year and there will be a lot of open doors if he does good on the Suzuki.

Pretty stoked about this new thing:

Hope this will be kinda like "Chasing the dream" was back in 2016 or whenever
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:03 pm I, of course have to post about Team Tedder picking up both Hill bros for SX! Nostalgic as hell. Maybe a podium? Discuss...
What bikes are they on? Kawis?
TeamHavocRacing

Wahlamt wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:13 pm Kawis?
Katooms!
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
TeamHavocRacing

A1 Endofest (except Barcia) is in the books. All I can say is that I'm happy both Hills survived the night. I don't know what happened to DNF Josh in his heat, but he had a great LCQ with some TV time while Justin just put in a solid night. I cursed Forkner into crashing and I hope Mookie is ok. Otherwise, it appears that the carnage was limited to Forkner. The track was longer and more difficult than most A1 designs, if I'm not mistaken. I thought they start with a milder track for A1?
TeamHavocRacing

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:30 pmI cursed Forkner into crashing
I didn't mean for him to be out of the hunt! Oakland cancelled and rescheduled for week after next? First time in the history of the sport? Still no thoughts?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

That was brutal front wheel lock on Forkner.

I had no idea they canceled Oakland. I wonder how hard it would be to come up with some kind of rain proof artificial turf for SX.

I was going to say outside the top ten should be disappointing for the Hills but looking at who's ahead of them it's all big names. Didn't realize what a strong field it is right now.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing

Monte Hill was saying how Justin has some secret speed stashed away and just needs to uncork it. Josh needs fitness, which is hard in his condition. He said himself that he is basically a cripple. Off the couch, they're doing pretty well. I wonder if those big vacuum hose trucks they suck out storm drains with could suck up the water?
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

jlv wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:57 am That was brutal front wheel lock on Forkner.
I can no longer get mad at you about front end lock in game, as weve seen its real hahaha. On a real note, this is really bad for forkner. I knew this would happen but i never wanted to see him tear an acl. So lets look at it this way. Forkner hasnt finished a season since 2018. I dont think that pc is going to want to keep him. He doesnt seem worth the money they are spending on him if hes out for the season every time hes hurt. It sucks bc hes fast but he just has the worst luck. I expect to see him on a new team next year.

A1 was great. 250 class was as expected results wise. Jett dominate as always, definitely could see the nerves from being back in Anaheim along with the difficult track. 450 was a great race to start the season. I think mookie is going to get his first win this year, tomac is going out on top, sexton will stay consistent this year, roczen will build as the season goes on possibly a win towards the end, and im not really sure what to think of webb yet. Ferandis seems to have found his sx groove again. Im way to excited for the season, which makes me super bummed that oakland was cancelled
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:07 pm Monte Hill was saying how Justin has some secret speed stashed away and just needs to uncork it. Josh needs fitness, which is hard in his condition. He said himself that he is basically a cripple. Off the couch, they're doing pretty well. I wonder if those big vacuum hose trucks they suck out storm drains with could suck up the water?
I don't think standing water is a big problem since the track is higher than the stadium floor. Since they already build on plywood it might make sense to put the plywood on blocks so there'd be some room for drainage under the plywood. OTOH the equipment they build the track with might be too heavy for that.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing

Part is because of "limegate" when not only nipples and scrotums melted, but the bikes were ruined. I wonder if the state of emergency had something to do with it.
TeamHavocRacing

Listening to PulpMx show before last and had to SMH at Stankdog and his retarded temper and totally mental response to normal stimulus. My personal experience with him was another SMH moment I won't go into. Anyway, he apparently told Cade Clason that he took food off his table by bumping him in that 1st turn and made him fall over only to wait, be a lap down and be even MORE retarded and drill Cade into the wall. Those were all personal choices that he made that took away his chance at getting food on the table. Also, maybe if you don't ride an outdated 2 stroke it wouldn't be so ironic. I guess we need that kind of rider for the trailer trash crowd. Villain.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I feel like Havoc just indirectly called me trailer trash...
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Well, if the boot fits

Sexton is made out of rubber. The way his neck just bobbled around after his crash in the whoops was scary looking. I hope AC comes back this year, I miss being able to talk highly of KX riders. :lol:
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
TeamHavocRacing

Sorry JLV! I feel like Freise or Barcia can be the villian without being so effing trashy. I went by his spot at TNMX and wanted to congratulate him and he didn't say a fucking thing! He just glared like some homeless dude about ready to swat at unseen circling bats. Sorry if he's sullied his own reputation at every possible turn in my eyes. Great example for the kids too. Just another divisive figure.