World of Echo: Motocross Interviews, Articles, and Videos

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
JConley691
Team: CG Motorsports

Re: World of Echo: Motocross Interviews, Articles, and Videos

Postby JConley691 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:14 pm

Hey everyone. Back real quick with a spotlight on New England filmmaker Elliot Phelps. Elliot put out his half-hour feature-length film at the end of November. I spotted this on Vital and figured he deserved some recognition. Any mid-2000s MX fan would love the vibes he and his crew bring to this project. Raw racing, pit bike mayhem, chicks, beer, and good tunes. It's a much watch (especially for any of us up north, slowly drifting into our winter hiatus.)

https://inaworldofecho.com/2019/12/08/d ... ot-phelps/

JConley691

Postby JConley691 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:07 am

New interview live on the site! I spoke with photographer Jeff Witthans about his work in and around Bakersfield, California. Jeff is criminally overlooked in the MX community, but he’s one of the best in the business. His passion for riding is only matched by his skillset on the lens. Running a minimalist, “run what ya brung” approach, Jeff has captured the essence of central California’s sprawling freeride scene with the help of Scott Kranyak, Jimmy Hill, Tyler Bereman, Kris Foster, Dereck Beckering, and others. I’m glad I got to learn more about Jeff and hope to see his photos for years to come. Read all about him below.

Discussion includes: Bakersfield life, getting his grandfather's WWII photography equipment, poaching urban spots with Scott Kranyak and Jimmy Hill, favorite photographers, tech-talk (and why it does and doesn’t matter), and why he’s only been to one motocross race in his entire life, among other things…

https://inaworldofecho.com/jeff-witthans

JConley691

Postby JConley691 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:46 pm

I just finished work on a new story about the history and legacy of Vurbmoto with a couple ex-employees and contributors. Kyle Cowling, Chase Dunivant, Jeff Urbahn, Tom Journet, and Brandon Biro make appearances, and I pull from one of my own experiences with the site as well.

What Wes Williams and company were able to accomplish with Vurb is something that I look back on with great admiration now. While my site may never eclipse their shadow, it's awe-inspiring to look back at how much time and effort was expended to make Vurb possible.

Story includes: Wes Williams' "Epic," Vurb's impact on filmmakers and riders, their ability to cultivate the amateur scene around their site, Loretta Lynn's, and more.

I hope to do a part two on this topic so hopefully this spawns some conversation with players closer to the heartbeat of the site. Lmk what you guys think. Thanks

https://inaworldofecho.com/remembering-vurbmoto

Return to “Off Topic”