Idea for better AI riders on custom maps

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
Luutii

Idea for better AI riders on custom maps

Postby Luutii » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:42 pm

Hey!

I had an idea about how AI bikes could improve on custom maps: Track creators having the possibility to “record” a lap on the track. One for all the different difficulties. Is this something that is possible to implement? or is it not possible?

BDawg
Team: Ignite Co.

Re: Idea for better AI riders on custom maps

Postby BDawg » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:49 am

Luutii wrote:Hey!

I had an idea about how AI bikes could improve on custom maps: Track creators having the possibility to “record” a lap on the track. One for all the different difficulties. Is this something that is possible to implement? or is it not possible?

Pretty sure it's already a thing. I remember doing it a long time ago, but it definitely doesn't work that good

jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Postby jlv » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:53 am

Probably necessary to make them cheat to be really competitive. Really hard to make a good autonomous motocross rider.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.

D_ROY178

Postby D_ROY178 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:40 am

jlv wrote:Probably necessary to make them cheat to be really competitive. Really hard to make a good autonomous motocross rider.

I know nothing about game programming so forgive me, but is there anyway you could apply machine learning to this sort of thing??

jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Postby jlv » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:27 am

D_ROY178 wrote:
jlv wrote:Probably necessary to make them cheat to be really competitive. Really hard to make a good autonomous motocross rider.

I know nothing about game programming so forgive me, but is there anyway you could apply machine learning to this sort of thing??

I'm not an expert on it but I think the answer is yes. Pretty well defined inputs, outputs and goal. It'd be very computationally expensive though. The network would have to be really big since it would have to know about all the different types of terrain it could encounter. So I guess the actual answer is theoretically yes, practically no.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.

Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Postby Wahlamt » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:16 pm

Watch this, then keep in mind it's a few pivot points and straight forward. As jlv summarized really good, practically, no.

Return to “Track Editing”