WHAT NEW PC SHOULD I GET!! HELP

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Re: WHAT NEW PC SHOULD I GET!! HELP

Post by Pumaxcs »

Since you are Euro I don't know any good place for you to buy prebuilt or parts. You can try these two and see what shipping is like, ironically they are both having Valentines Day sales. If someone from around there actually knows some sites from the area go on and post them. You have a really nice budget to work with so it should be easy to get you into the range of games you are looking for. I'm guessing you will need a new Windows? If you need stuff like an OS, keyboard, mouse don't buy from them. I'd suggest going to somewhere like newegg or tigerdirect for things not internal related because they have those items marked up big time.
jaysow375 wrote:I was wondering if i could also get a pretty decent pc for about $500 i just got into mxs and my pc is not good at all so if someone can help me out and let me know i would appreciate it i only want it for mxs i might do some other gaming but not sure
The links I gave this guy will work for you but the info on what I am suggesting to buy will most likely not pertain to you as his budget is over double what your willing to spend. Not to say that you aren't going to get a good PC but it won't be as good. There are ways to cut back without losing performance such as the case and getting a heatsink fan and not liquid cooling.

CPU - Intel i5/i7 AMD FX4100/4300 or FX6100/6300
I have a FX6100 and it runs the game fine but I suggest the Intels because they have the tried and true performance. I post the AMD's because they are a worthy opponent for the price, though I did not suggest the 8 core AMD CPU because most games only utilize 4 cores, which is both Intels and the FX4, the FX6 has 6 cores. I went with it to mainly future proof when the technology came around to use more cores I wouldn't be behind.
Cooling - I am a guy who prefers more fans at a lower RPM than more direct small fans. My PC has 5 case fans (2 intake, 3 exhaust) and blows cold air constantly. I have a standard heatsink and fans on my GPU. Nothing is overclocked because my system has yet to be stressed to the point where I think I need to push it. You can go with liquid cooling on the CPU if you want, I just don't like the thought of liquid inside my PC. Thats your call completely though because liquid cooling does work magic.
Motherboard/PSU - I group these together because they basically have the same point. With the options so far I can't say what motherboard or how much power you need. Different CPU's require different sockets and depending on what components you get will decide how much power you need. Use those two sites and replicate your build (if you are building it yourself) if you are unsure if anything isn't compatible or doesn't have enough power. Pro tip, they also have a performance scale on many of todays top games, so its a good benchmark to see just how good it will be.
RAM - Since you said yourself it is used for gaming I would go with 8GB, if you think you will ever need it for media such as 3d rendering or video editing go up a notch to around 16GB. For games though 8 is fine.
GPU (Video) - Only nVidia. 660-680. Which ever you can afford.
nVidia knows there stuff which is why I swear by them. I have dual 560 2GB cards which still run like a champ. One tip I will give which may just be personal preference but if you are undecided between say the 660 or the 660Ti, the difference isn't that big in the clock speeds from what I have noticed *chart*. Once again though, if you can afford it get it as nice as you can the first time.
HD - Some guys will tell you to get a SSD to load your games on and a HD to load everything else. Personal preference but I have yet to see a stable enough SSD for me to want to go that route. I have had two show up dead so instead of trying a third time I just got credit. I have a 500GB internal drive and a 1TB external. Its up to what you think as far as size of what you need but I am a fan of a normal HD.
Other - Things like optical drive(CD), network cards, (wireless), sound cards, usb expansions are all up to you and what your needs are.

I believe I have covered majority of the basics there. Now that I have wrote this up I'll just keep this topic for a hotlink when someone else ask.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Banga#40
Team: Privateer

Post by Banga#40 »

CRASH wrote:since you got some cash to spend you might as well get a intel core i7 3.62Ghz processor and then get a gtx670 or 680 graphics card. But make sure all this fits your motherboard first and you might have to get a better power supply to run the 680. with this setup you should be able to run mx sim with 40 riders without a problem and if like to game on the pc besides mx sim then you should be able to play games on high and ultra settings.
yeah I will probs look into that sounds good though, Thanks!
mxsisboss wrote:Now there is one for us Brits!
https://twitter.com/BangaWG
Banga#40
Team: Privateer

Post by Banga#40 »

I will probs try and get 16gb ram and ill think about the other stuff thanks for the post look's like you put a lot of thought and time into it.
I appreciated you're time:)
mxsisboss wrote:Now there is one for us Brits!
https://twitter.com/BangaWG