Welcome!

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

willii wrote:@jvh :from where are you?
Sorry I didn't have my profile filled out. I'm a noob...
nickmx
Team: Privateer

Post by nickmx »

is there any chance that you can make a sandy tracks? like it fills like your actally riding on sandy tracks. that would be awsome if you could. :D
Mayfly

Post by Mayfly »

Great work on the game! Really nice to see a sim mx game for once =)
Really like how its tough, Im yet to make a lap without a crash but its still great fun. Do you have any intention of making a SX style track in future? Also are you gana make it single race or have a tournament / moto or heat races? I think a tutorial video would be a cool addition to help with the steep learning curve.

I like your list of objectives for the game and personally I think the graphics are not bad and I prefer the fact of more simple graphics and more AI riders. Keep up the good work and look forward to updates and the finished version =)
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

nickmx wrote:is there any chance that you can make a sandy tracks? like it fills like your actally riding on sandy tracks. that would be awsome if you could. :D
The game engine allows you to set rolling resistance + coefficient of friction for each type of ground tile. So currently you could make something that drags like sand, but you wouldn't sink in like you do in real sand.
nickmx

Post by nickmx »

jlv wrote:
nickmx wrote:is there any chance that you can make a sandy tracks? like it fills like your actally riding on sandy tracks. that would be awsome if you could. :D
The game engine allows you to set rolling resistance + coefficient of friction for each type of ground tile. So currently you could make something that drags like sand, but you wouldn't sink in like you do in real sand.
well im not worryed about the sinking in the ground kinda way im just talking about the feel
cpt_slow

Post by cpt_slow »

would like to say great job on the game so far gameplay is awsome :) , but i have one minor problem, would be good if the rider could back up his bike if u get wedged on the gate or on a fallen rider i have to restart the game despite the dab button trying to back up :(
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

cpt_slow wrote:would like to say great job on the game so far gameplay is awsome :) , but i have one minor problem, would be good if the rider could back up his bike if u get wedged on the gate or on a fallen rider i have to restart the game despite the dab button trying to back up :(
I'll have a fix for that soon.

Post by Guest »

hey can you make it so the 4 smokes have bottom end

great game!
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

The four stokes power curves are from the real life 2007 models. I'm going to put in the 2008 numbers soon, but I'm not sure if they will have more low end torque or not. Of the 2007 bikes, the KX makes the most torque at low RPMS (<= 7000) and the RM makes to most peak torque but you have to rev more to get to it (8500 RPM).

Post by Guest »

are you gonna change the steering to lean the rider in the direction you push instead of turn the bars in that direction?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

You can change which way the steering goes by changing "Reversed Steering" under "Bike Setup".

The way the bars turn vs. the way you lean will always be opposed in a realistic two wheeler simulation. Next time you're out riding, try turning the bars to the left and holding it there for as long as you can. You will start falling to the right and you will have to steer back to the right to catch yourself. The game physics work the exact same way.

I do intend to put in an less realistic arcade mode option eventually. How soon depends on how many people don't like the full simulator handling.
zane

Post by zane »

can you also make some 85s :( nah just jokin, but i'd be great if you did.

make the handling just as manuveral as 0%, but make fall down like its 100%

because its just as hard to steer at 100% than it is to fall over at 0%
Mx_Racer316

Post by Mx_Racer316 »

Is there gonna be any supercross tracks?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I haven't made any supercross tracks yet so I don't know if they will work well or not. If they work well I'll definitely put in some sx tracks. If they end up feeling too cramped I'll probably make some oversized sx tracks. So either way, yes. Whether they will be realistically sized is another matter.
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

jlv wrote:You can change which way the steering goes by changing "Reversed Steering" under "Bike Setup".

The way the bars turn vs. the way you lean will always be opposed in a realistic two wheeler simulation. Next time you're out riding, try turning the bars to the left and holding it there for as long as you can. You will start falling to the right and you will have to steer back to the right to catch yourself. The game physics work the exact same way.

I do intend to put in an less realistic arcade mode option eventually. How soon depends on how many people don't like the full simulator handling.
I own a dirt bike and a road bike and I know that if you turn the bars you lean the oppisite way but I also know that when I'm riding I don't think about turning the bars to turn, I think about leaning to turn. If youre trying to make a sim and you can only have 1 method of turning the bike I would think you would use the one you actually think about in real life. Leaning is a much bigger part of cornering than is turning the bars.

The problem with using the bars to turn in the game is that when you are first starting out its opposite so this makes it very hard to steer when it transitions from being opposite to regular. If you used leaning instead left would always make you got left, and right would always make you go right. moto GP is a damn good sim for road racing and they use leaning.

think of the left analog stick as the riders body position on the bike left leans the rider to the left right leans the rider to the right, down leans the rider back, and up leans the rider forward.

If you dont agree then please at least make an option:
Cornering method: Lean bike / Turn bars