Where has the great community gone...

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Versus-PC_Official
Team: VersusPC.com

Re: Where has the great community gone...

Post by Versus-PC_Official »

ant40c wrote:See thats the thing. Everyone thinks about their gains now. Not like the old days. They are out for themselves. I used to do small things and release it and it didn't bother me because people enjoyed it and I got to see people using it in multiplayer. If you think you have to make people pay, then go work for Nordic or EA.
Please, just stop, you clearly arent understanding this. You complain about people being greedy and only looking out for themselves, yet you demand that they give you their hard work for free. Quit being such a hyprocite, you sound like a moron.
DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy »

Man I miss the days of DJ, and Gordy. Just dudes that wanted to see a sick motocross game, and did it because they enjoyed it. That's when this community was great. Everyone's got an ego now. This community was awesome back in 08-10. What it is now, is a joke.
m121c

Post by m121c »

DannyBoy wrote:Man I miss the days of DJ, and Gordy. Just dudes that wanted to see a sick motocross game, and did it because they enjoyed it. That's when this community was great. Everyone's got an ego now. This community was awesome back in 08-10. What it is now, is a joke.
giopanda wrote:ok so since many of you can't or simply don't want to understand that complete a project of this size is more complicated and time consuming than just sit there complaining and bugging us asking to be released, why don't you pay us?
you want a precise deadline?
spill some money, if not just wait and be patient.
we all got our life, i also have a job and creating skins for this game is not a job, so i said many times before this comes last in my list of priorities.
Dated September 13th 2010.

It was great back then just take a read: http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic. ... 50#p132103

70+ pages... Of course, still has the entitlement and ripping alike.

Back then the community was 100% smaller and more tight knit, not only that, but projects were group projects with a lot of talent. Makes things a bit easier.. now you just can't trust anyone. People throw out all these names but always seem to forget why most of them left...
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

So Mason is saying that because creators trusted some random kid on the internet to not freely distribute their content they now charge for it. Punish the end user for poor the creators judgement. Now we also have one of the sponsors (or someone representing them) calling people names in here. Real classy John.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Versus-PC_Official
Team: VersusPC.com

Post by Versus-PC_Official »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:So Mason is saying that because creators trusted some random kid on the internet to not freely distribute their content they now charge for it. Punish the end user for poor the creators judgement. Now we also have one of the sponsors (or someone representing them) calling people names in here. Real classy John.
Actually, calling someone a name would sound something like, "You're a moron" I said he "sounded like a moron"

Two entirely different statments.
TeamHavocRacing

Gee, thanks for the disambiguation. Still, don't you think engaging forum users in such a tone is unbecoming of a sponsor? Especially when you aren't mentioned.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy »

I'm aware of things getting stolen back then, Mason. As a whole the community was better back then. That's my opinion. I'm sure they left for more reasons than just "my stuff got ripped and I'm not making a profit."
Is been 9 years. I've come and gone from the community myself. This game pushed forward better even people wanted to see it thrive just to make cool content as opposed to try and make a quick buck.
m121c

Post by m121c »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:So Mason is saying that because creators trusted some random kid on the internet to not freely distribute their content they now charge for it. Punish the end user for poor the creators judgement. Now we also have one of the sponsors (or someone representing them) calling people names in here. Real classy John.
You really are out to left field chasing butterfly's aren't you? I was making a point even in the "great era" of this community, the same very problems that have driven the community to where it is, still existed. Which is my way of showing that although it seemed great to those who were downloading and using the stuff, the creators back then still had to go through the same old bull shit from the "end users".

Havoc, you dodged this question in the last thread but I am curious still. 2 part question: You obviously feel it's the creators fault some how, why? And, why you think the creators should be for the "end user" when that is the very group that complains, bitches, rips, and steals others work? I just don't understand, it baffles me.
Dennisfjeldberg
Team: EVP

Post by Dennisfjeldberg »

I just dont get it, isnt it weird that 70% of the guys complaining is guys we have never heard about before? People need to understand that the content that is getting realesed in 2016 is waaay more hightec then back in the days. Mason,Jay,Barrington,Chris and all the guys deserves all the money they can get! They are using 100's of hours on content, just so we can look clean and have the best tracks and series. Think about it, is 25 Dollars really to much for you guys to pay for a entire outdoor season with fresh tracks every week and a racing series? No it isnt. I would pay those 25 any day to show my support to the guys behind the tracks,models,gear etc. They are some fantastic guys, they take so much hate and still provide us with stuff? And u are complaining about 25dollars. You should be ashamed. SO, to all the guys who provides us with the sickest stuff possible, THANKU! Im pretty sure i can say thanku on behalf of the OG's aswell.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Dennisfjeldberg wrote:I just dont get it, isnt it weird that 70% of the guys complaining is guys we have never heard about before? People need to understand that the content that is getting realesed in 2016 is waaay more hightec then back in the days. Mason,Jay,Barrington,Chris and all the guys deserves all the money they can get! They are using 100's of hours on content, just so we can look clean and have the best tracks and series. Think about it, is 25 Dollars really to much for you guys to pay for a entire outdoor season with fresh tracks every week and a racing series? No it isnt. I would pay those 25 any day to show my support to the guys behind the tracks,models,gear etc. They are some fantastic guys, they take so much hate and still provide us with stuff? And u are complaining about 25dollars. You should be ashamed. SO, to all the guys who provides us with the sickest stuff possible, THANKU! Im pretty sure i can say thanku on behalf of the OG's aswell.
Dennis, Mason and Jay aren't part of rF anymore.
MxVelocity747

Post by MxVelocity747 »

Racers52 wrote:
Dennisfjeldberg wrote:I just dont get it, isnt it weird that 70% of the guys complaining is guys we have never heard about before? People need to understand that the content that is getting realesed in 2016 is waaay more hightec then back in the days. Mason,Jay,Barrington,Chris and all the guys deserves all the money they can get! They are using 100's of hours on content, just so we can look clean and have the best tracks and series. Think about it, is 25 Dollars really to much for you guys to pay for a entire outdoor season with fresh tracks every week and a racing series? No it isnt. I would pay those 25 any day to show my support to the guys behind the tracks,models,gear etc. They are some fantastic guys, they take so much hate and still provide us with stuff? And u are complaining about 25dollars. You should be ashamed. SO, to all the guys who provides us with the sickest stuff possible, THANKU! Im pretty sure i can say thanku on behalf of the OG's aswell.
Dennis, Mason and Jay aren't part of rF anymore.
I dont think hes meaning they are part of rf, hes most likely talking about how they sell good models and stuff, could be wrong though
"i hope you hang yourself from your shrimp dick" - Jared Siedhoff Image
TeamHavocRacing

I always said the rF price is fair or better, but $100 for a single bike model is price gouging. Notice how I agree with pricing, just not the absurd, egotistical type. I've donated to several creators and always thanked those that provide free content and I'm certainly not ungrateful. Seperately, I mentioned how the sponsor(s) are coming in the forum calling people names. Nice. Never saw that from any other reps. This topic's name is more justified with each post.
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: but $100 for a single bike model is price gouging.
I can't help but notice you complaining about "$100 for a bike model" everywhere. I'd just like to point out you can't find a single highly detailed bike model anywhere for under $100. Here's one example of many. https://www.cgstud.io/3d-model/kawasaki ... 2012-30285 . Btw I don't think anyone's charged over $75 for a bike model in the sim community. you don't have to buy it if you don't want to pay how much they're asking.
m121c

Post by m121c »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:I always said the rF price is fair or better, but $100 for a single bike model is price gouging. Notice how I agree with pricing, just not the absurd, egotistical type. I've donated to several creators and always thanked those that provide free content and I'm certainly not ungrateful. Seperately, I mentioned how the sponsor(s) are coming in the forum calling people names. Nice. Never saw that from any other reps. This topic's name is more justified with each post.
You still avoided my question... lol
TeamHavocRacing

m121c wrote:Havoc, you dodged this question in the last thread but I am curious still. 2 part question: You obviously feel it's the creators fault some how, why? And, why you think the creators should be for the "end user" when that is the very group that complains, bitches, rips, and steals others work? I just don't understand, it baffles me.
I didn't see it before during this shitstorm, that's why. Doesn't the "end user" make or break a creator? Who else would get the content? The creator that gives away content trusting the word of a virtual stranger is in fault. You confuse me as being in that immoral group vs. being one that's willing to pay a reasonable amount.