shifting in air

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
david147p
Team: Privateer

shifting in air

Post by david147p »

after watching videos of people riding and the racefactory supercross series i noticed that people shift up in the air then quickly shift back down to the gear they want to be in. i was just wondering why they do this if there is any reason at all.
MXTYSEN21
Team: Volcom Racing

Re: shifting in air

Post by MXTYSEN21 »

When i throw a scrub it tends to throw me over the bars (endo) so i click up into 5th and hold it wide to prevent endo's. Or if i get kicked weird off the lip and im in an endo if you click into 5th and hold it wide it usually stops your bike where its at so you don't fly to far forward and crash. People might do it for other reasons though.
you are a G jlv
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Yeah, I do it if the front end is too low
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

thats just baller skill set, bros. and i will never be able to program my brain to tell my fingers to do all that crap at once.
david147p
Team: Privateer

Post by david147p »

barrington314 wrote:thats just baller skill set, bros. and i will never be able to program my brain to tell my fingers to do all that crap at once.
thats what i mean man! i cant do all that at once haha. but thanks for the replies
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

To increase the gyro effect by spinning the rear "gyro" faster.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Chancellorsville
Team: Terralite Studios

Post by Chancellorsville »

barrington314 wrote:thats just baller skill set, bros. and i will never be able to program my brain to tell my fingers to do all that crap at once.
I am by no means coordinated, and I still figured out how to do it without looking down at my controller. Just takes time and pretending you're doing something right :lol:.
SCHAFFERNOCKER
Team: blank

Post by SCHAFFERNOCKER »

You would be suprised stephan, I will be pushing two years this winter since I started playing. Once I found a control set-up that I liked and worked best for me. I now control the rider/bike naturally, I dont have to think about what I am doing. Its almost as if I can feel the bike and adjust accordingly with my fingers. Its pretty neat.

Reminds me of when I was real big into grand theft auto. I knew the cheats off the top of my head so I could up, down, left, right, up, down, left, right, r2, l2, r1, l1 pretty damn fast when I was in heat of the Fuzz lol.
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

It's cool.
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
SOAB_465

Post by SOAB_465 »

know what's really nuts? When Reed crashed in Dallas, his foot got caught under the shifter... He said in a interveiw that he was endoing so he shifted to 3rd to level it out :shock: That takes some serious coordination and presence of mind on a SX track :|
MXTYSEN21

Post by MXTYSEN21 »

SOAB_465 wrote:know what's really nuts? When Reed crashed in Dallas, his foot got caught under the shifter... He said in a interveiw that he was endoing so he shifted to 3rd to level it out :shock: That takes some serious coordination and presence of mind on a SX track :|
Did he really? If so thats gnarly af. Some seriously good reaction but it tore his acl so... damn it reed you should have bailed!
you are a G jlv
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

You guys have never upshifted in the air in real life?
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
MXTYSEN21

Post by MXTYSEN21 »

ShackAttack12 wrote:You guys have never upshifted in the air in real life?
Yeah but not as often as shifting down in the air but Reed was in an endo over a supercross triple, he wasnt ready for it at all and that takes some skill to react that fast, but it didn't help him.
you are a G jlv
churchy525
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Decal Works Racing

Post by churchy525 »

MXTYSEN21 wrote:Reed was in an endo over a supercross triple, he wasnt ready for it at all and that takes some skill to react that fast, but it didn't help him.
He was? I thought he was launching a double into the sand
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

churchy525 wrote:
MXTYSEN21 wrote:Reed was in an endo over a supercross triple, he wasnt ready for it at all and that takes some skill to react that fast, but it didn't help him.
He was? I thought he was launching a double into the sand
it wasnt a typical sx triple. he was tripling into the sand.